Rumors of Light (ROL discussion thread)

So now that I have put the kids to bed, I finally for a chance to sit down and reflect on this - and I have to say that my initial disappointment has officially turned into relief now. I was at the 24hr 60th anniversary kick off at DL last year. By accident. New parade, new fireworks, new World of Color - it was a nightmare. People starting camping out 12 hrs in advance for the night parade and the firework . There were people everywhere. And a lot of overwhelmed CMs. Just thinking back at that and then thinking about new ROL, me having to use an ECV and 3 kids in tow... Part of me is quite relieved I don't have to deal with that. Yes, its disappointing we don't get to see it, especially since I don't know when we'll be back. But then, it also gives us something to look forward to. So I guess I'll just look at it like that. It wasn't meant to be.

WINNER WINNER WINNER

YOU ARE POST # 10,000 COME ON DOWN!

fairly-odd-parents.jpg

Main page says and night pages all say coming soon when I looked earlier. Might just be cached in your computer.

"Celebrate the kinship of all living things during this nighttime water and light show awash with breathtaking special effects—coming soon!"
It is updated now. I could see the ROL update, so I think the others were just not updated yet.

:cake:! It seems silly to me that Disney would go from releasing all of these amazing things on Earth Day to doing very little, but it might also be that they're scrambling a bit to figure out what bandaid they can put over this whole debacle.

I had the same thought. After all this, can they really just have the book signing and little else?

Ok so here is the plans now:
4/22 Arrival Day and Epcot
4/23 Hollywood Studios
4/24 Animal Kingdom with Disney Springs in the evening
4/25 Epcot and picking up my DS15 from his JROTC group
4/26 Magic Kingdom
4/27 Late arrival Animal Kingdom and pool evening
4/28 Magic Kingdom
4/29 Epcot (my DD 19th Birthday
4/30 Magic Kingdom and Departure

I'm sad to not see ROL, but its not going to ruin my trip. I am looking forward to leaving in 16 days and relaxing with family and creating some more magical memories.

Yes, in addition to the aforementioned book signing, there will be a festive Unofficial Non-Preview Party Earth Day Happy Anniversary Animal Kingdom Extravaganza. It will consist of me and my family hanging around in our ROL t-shirts and pins. Hopefully I will have a Dole Whip with rum punch, as I've heard they have that there...

Also --- for an addl fee of $150 per person, there will be a special outdoor movie shown commemorating Earth Day --
Free cookies ( limited to 1 per family --- share, people, share) and a cup of soda will be handed out.

maxresdefault.jpg

Yes, its disappointing we don't get to see it, especially since I don't know when we'll be back. But then, it also gives us something to look forward to. So I guess I'll just look at it like that. It wasn't meant to be.

Thanks for posting this :flower1: I've been in this (conflicted) boat for a while, myself. I would have loved to be in the World for the premiere of a new show, especially one in AK. But this trip is a shorter one for us, and we splurged and booked our last 2 nights at the GF. When we booked the split stay we decided we would try to focus the 22nd in particular on the resort, since chances are slim we'll be staying in such snazzy digs again for a long while. No more ROL opening means the 22nd will likely go back to a resort day, or at least one where we're sticking a bit more closely to the monorail area. It's no ROL, but it's still Disney! I'm not sure when our next trip will be either (but we keep saying "After this one we'll take a break," and inevitably one of us starts planning anyways)

Ok so here is the plans now:
4/22 Arrival Day and Epcot
4/23 Hollywood Studios
4/24 Animal Kingdom with Disney Springs in the evening
4/25 Epcot and picking up my DS15 from his JROTC group
4/26 Magic Kingdom
4/27 Late arrival Animal Kingdom and pool evening
4/28 Magic Kingdom
4/29 Epcot (my DD 19th Birthday
4/30 Magic Kingdom and Departure

I'm sad to not see ROL, but its not going to ruin my trip. I am looking forward to leaving in 16 days and relaxing with family and creating some more magical memories.
:wave:We have a few of the same days planned I see. 4/23, 4/25, & 4/26 Let's hope everything else goes well that week! :thumbsup2

So now that I have put the kids to bed, I finally for a chance to sit down and reflect on this - and I have to say that my initial disappointment has officially turned into relief now. I was at the 24hr 60th anniversary kick off at DL last year. By accident. New parade, new fireworks, new World of Color - it was a nightmare. People starting camping out 12 hrs in advance for the night parade and the firework . There were people everywhere. And a lot of overwhelmed CMs. Just thinking back at that and then thinking about new ROL, me having to use an ECV and 3 kids in tow... Part of me is quite relieved I don't have to deal with that. Yes, its disappointing we don't get to see it, especially since I don't know when we'll be back. But then, it also gives us something to look forward to. So I guess I'll just look at it like that. It wasn't meant to be.

I agree.
5/8 is our AK day. I'm "leading" our group of 10 through a commando-style, visitor-take-all trip through 5/13. No Frozen drama. No Soarin' melee. No ROL.
I've decided to be ok with it.

Finally saw "Zootopia" yesterday. Previews (I think in "First Look") had an ad for WDW and their slogan "Awaken Summer". The RoL was featured in that ad and I wondered then if that was a sign that it was delayed until closer to summer. Of course dr's appointments (no phones allowed) kept me from seeing the blog and this thread until about an hour ago. Better to give bad news than none, but I feel badly for those April/May and possibly June people (now friends) who will have to wait for their next visit. Hope everyone has a great time in spite of it all. Here is to the next 500 pages of news/ rumors/ laughter/ babies/ and encouragement! Thanks to all of you who make this a fun place to spend time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter