• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rumors of Light (ROL discussion thread)

this prairie Canadian wonders too. hah! sounds suspiciously similar to disney's "very soon"!

From another Canadian, I dunno, maybe -20C or colder would be considered really cold in Southern Ontario. 0C is cold in November but relatively warm come March. Heck, 15C is summer to us in March but I love me some 30C heat in July and August. :flower1:

Just wondering what you guys are considering 'really cold'. When it gets below 0F here, I start digging my winter coat out of the closet...:duck:
I almost edited my post to clarify. Of course you'd be the one to point it out! lol!

It does get chilly to me in Florida, but I'm a petite female and am cold even when other's aren't. I've never even seen snow! :( Next winter we're suppose to go snowboarding! Expecting to feel like ice.

Yeah... below 25 degrees F is like "Please don't make me leave the house" temperature to me. ~40 is bundled up... :P

I'm IN Memphis! And yes. I want the rain to be done. Might be time to start building my ark! lol

Another Memphian here! :wave2::boat:

I'm just over the county line in Oakland - HI!! And hopefully we won't float away, lol!

Just wondering what you guys are considering 'really cold'. When it gets below 0F here, I start digging my winter coat out of the closet...:duck:
We moved south from Chicago - everything here is closed before I hit 'really cold' ;) I'm with you - below 0 but they close school if it's in the 20s w/ a wind chill out here, lol! I've used my winter coat about 3x in 10 yrs...

From another Canadian, I dunno, maybe -20C or colder would be considered really cold in Southern Ontario. 0C is cold in November but relatively warm come March. Heck, 15C is summer to us in March but I love me some 30C heat in July and August. :flower1:
Oh my word. My eyeballs were like what at seeing -20. Forgot that y'all do celsius up there and we're in fahreinheit; I was thoroughly concerned.
giphy.gif

I felt like "... THESE CANADIANS ARE WARRIORS AND I COMPLAIN WHEN IT REACHES 30!" Turns out you suckas can't handle it either. :P
hehehe.gif

It's frustrating when dates don't line up. Hopefully you can dine there on a future trip. :goodvibes
I have to say though, it's a really positive sign the DPBlog is giving out AK related information. :daisy:

Oh I'm good.

I usually do a long end of May trip but with all that is opening and the craziness - no thanks. They can work out the kinks for me. :) And I don't do summer at Disney.

400 pages and we actually know less than when it started.

Oh dear I disagree! In 400 pages we found out:

1) There were preview packages then there weren't
2) We individually arent the only crazy planner we know
3) That we really dont need that much sleep
4) We met Maggie
5) We watched a chat about all the cool things we are anxious to see but we obsessed about FP+ and dining packages omissions
6) We got very creative (ROL Lounge!) and we love Emoji and GIFs
7) Found people on a thread that were supportive and it didnt spin into name calling and snippy remarks
8) We found out we can badger the poor folks at DPB (Thanks Keith and others) and laugh about it
9) Talked about other new events and planning tips (A&E, popcornbuckets, luggage tags non ROL dining plans, H&V etc...)
10) We found out who to call to talk to somebody and who not to call
10) We agreed that the poor CMs arent in the know as much as we really would like them to be
11) We followed closely all sorts of other news (School, work, family, dogs, illnesses)
12) We had a baby (Well Kate had the baby but we all cheared)
14) DIS called us a thread about nothing but that sure looks like a lot of stuff

Last edited:
Oh dear I disagree! In 400 pages we found out:

1) There were preview packages then there weren't
2) We individually arent the only crazy planner we know
3) That we really dont need that much sleep
4) We met Maggie
5) We watched a chat about all the cool things we are anxious to see but we obsessed about FP+ and dining packages omissions
6) We got very creative (ROL Lounge!) and we love Emoji and GIFs
7) Found people on a thread thatt were supportive and it didnt spin into name calling and snippy remarks
8) We found out we can badger the poor folks at DPB (Thanks Keith and others) and laugh about it
9) Talked about other new events and planning tips (A&E, popcornbuckets, luggage tags non ROL dining plans, H&V etc...)
10) We found out who to call to talk to somebody and who not to call
10) We agreed that the poor CMs arent in the know as much as we really would like them to be
11) We followed closely all sorts of other news (School, work, family, dogs, illnesses)
12) We had a baby (Well Kate had the baby but we all cheared)
14) DIS called us a thread about nothing but that sure looks like a lot of stuff
MAGGIE!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter