• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rumors of Light (ROL discussion thread)

It also says at the end that the menu descriptions are "up next" - I'm hoping that means there might be a series of AK-related blog posts over the next day or so that lead up to one with solid FP and/or ADR info.
I saw the menu thing too. I am curious to see the menu and hope it comes out soon.

we originally planned 4/21 as our AK day. we're sticking with it, and we'll likely hop over on the 22nd too. fingers are crossed we'll see ROL, but pretty much only if we get a FP or dining package. otherwise we'll just hang out and enjoy the nighttime activities. 4/23 is our last day, and it's DP's birthday. we're doing CV at 5:45, then have the evening free. but we're staying on the monorail (special for us!) and my guess is if we hop anywhere after CV it'll be to MK.

Thank you for all the lovely comments, it means so much to me!

Grayson and I were awake at 6am and checked diligently for dining packages! I explained to him what a fiasco this has been and he seemed to be sympathetic.

DS3 was brought in by my parents before checking in to AKL today. He looked at his baby brother, said "he's too small" and asked to go to Disney. So pretty much what I thought would happen!
That's so cute!

We will be at AK on 5/6.
DH and I will be there 5/6-10 and we plan to hit AK on whatever day we can to see RoL, several times if needed.
I still have the trip with my Mom that ends on 4/19. If they have any type of AP preview and we can get in we'll go. 3 of us have AP and I got my Mom a hopper ticket

Any guesses as to what the associated restaurant choices may be?? I'd love an excuse to check out Yak n Yeti....we always end up having lunch at Flametree, leave AK between 4:00-5:00, and then go to Earl of Sandwich or Wolfgang Puck Express for dinner.
Yak and Yeti is possible but I'm going with unlikely as it's not Disney owned.

A couple of thoughts. By announcing this on a Saturday, are they hoping not too many will be paying attention so they can handle the load? Also do you suppose that maybe FP will go line at midnight and the dining pkgs at 6am?

I worry about this cause I have stuff going on all day Saturday and am afraid to miss it

It's hard to know. They may give us a brief heads up (maybe a day? or more?) or not.
I'd love to hear if @AngiTN has any guesses or thoughts.
Hmmmm... I don't have any thoughts really. I'd like to say they gave enough forethought to their IT infrastructure that they planned to announce on a weekend but I really don't think they did. I think it's just coincidence. I think they've finally nailed down enough things they can release stuff

I NEED this information on ROL! Not to mention the DAH and the early entry ones...I have never spent so much time coming up with Plan A, Plan B, Plan c...I have a feeling we will be still scrambling to change days, FP's, ADR's.. making myself crazy.

We are going 5/15 to 5/20. I still have amonth. I can't imagine what the April people feel like!

WOW...rteetz just posted this on the news thread...beautiful!!
image-png.159333

interestingly enough Nomad Lounge has some info on the HUB already up but not Tiffins, I went in to try and find the menu.
Here's the info on Nomad's Lounge

Bon Voyage
Escape the ordinary with exotic bites; then document your own travel stories for display near the bar.

Whereas the focus of Tiffins is on the globetrotting adventures of the Imagineers and animal experts who developed and built Disney’s Animal Kingdom park, Nomad Lounge invites all to stake a claim in their own wanderlust over mouth-watering small plates and a large selection of beer, wine and mixed drinks.

Festive banners hang in the center of the lounge, each posing a different question about traveling the world and the thrill of discovery. During your visit, take a few moments to jot down answers to these questions on decorative tags provided by Cast Members. Later, your responses will be hung on a “tag chandelier” suspended above the bar for all to see.

The Menu
Toast to a good journey with a refreshing beverage served alongside a scrumptious snack.
Drawing inspiration from distant locations around the world, the freshly-prepared cuisine at Nomad Lounge includes vegetarian summer rolls, Indian butter chicken wings, seared Wagyu beef skewers and honey-glazed coriander-spiced pork ribs.

As any world wanderer can attest, Nomad Lounge also serves up a renowned selection of libations and spirits from around the globe. Sip specialty martinis or indulge in after-dinner liqueurs such as Bailey's Irish Cream, Tia Maria and Amaretto di Saronno. Freshly ground coffees like espresso, cappuccino and coffee colada with rum and coconuts, and dessert wines such as Apple Icewine, are also available—perfect for the long day’s journey or following a long day of journeying.

Hmmmm... I don't have any thoughts really. I'd like to say they gave enough forethought to their IT infrastructure that they planned to announce on a weekend but I really don't think they did. I think it's just coincidence. I think they've finally nailed down enough things they can release stuff

Thanks Angi, that makes sense. :goodvibes
When they do open package booking it's going to be busy. Hope Maggie and her friends are ready. :D

For anyone who hasn't checked the Disneyworld.go page for Tiffins, this is what it says in regards to food:

Roam the road less traveled at Tiffins, thanks to a globetrotting menu of artfully prepared fare fit for a weary traveler. Begin your expedition with lobster-popcorn Thai curry soup, grilled octopus or—for those who like to travel light—an archeologist salad drizzled with champagne vinaigrette. Go off the beaten track with frog legs tempura, black-eyed fritters or cheese and chicken liver pâte before planting your flag with the Berber-spiced lamb chop, pork tenderloin or miso-glazed black cod.

Seafarers, fortune hunters and vagabonds will no doubt find new discoveries in the pan-seared duck breast and leg confit, Wagnu strip loin and braised short rib, or the whole-fried sustainable fish. Leaving no stone unturned? Satisfy your sweet tooth with crème brûlée, peanut butter mousse or a classic ice-cream sundae.

For an additional cost, Guests 21 years of age and up can pack additional provisions with a selection from the renowned wine list—many of which are available by the glass—in addition to a noble assortment of after-dinner liqueurs, dessert wines and specialty drinks.

No matter which direction your compass points, you’re sure to encounter an unimaginable abundance of delectable food at Tiffins.

Okay, y'all know I'm a bit of a newbie on the whole here posting thing...

Can I try to edit my first post on the thread - 2nd overall - with a running list of ROL wannabes?

Couldn't do it now but could go back through and pull it together later...

A couple of thoughts. By announcing this on a Saturday, are they hoping not too many will be paying attention so they can handle the load? Also do you suppose that maybe FP will go line at midnight and the dining pkgs at 6am?

I worry about this cause I have stuff going on all day Saturday and am afraid to miss it

Me too, dachsie. I am not going to around a computer either Friday or Saturday, so that is when the ADRs are sure to go live :sad::headache:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter