• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rumors of Light (ROL discussion thread)

hmmm...TL looks so tropical, so that appeals to me, but BB just looks different from other water parks. I'm really hoping that we can do both. Someone that's been on this thread - I can see her avatar but can't remember her name - she said on another thread that her family just goes to the one whose bus arrives first! That's not a bad strategy!

Am I more likely to get seating in the shade at one or another? DH is a bit of a delicate flower... :flower1:

Both parks are great, but I personally prefer the tropical feel of TL. If I can sit under a palm tree with a frozen drink in my hand I'm good. There is a decent amount of shade at BB, but the abundance of foliage at TL is helpful, and I think it is a little cooler.:beach:

:offtopic: Does anyone know how Memory Maker works? I mean, I assume plenty of people do, but specifically, if I buy the advance purchase now, how long do I have to use it? Can I hang on to it and not take pictures for weeks/months and then activate it, or does it start from now and I have, what is it, 30 days to use it?

hmmm...TL looks so tropical, so that appeals to me, but BB just looks different from other water parks. I'm really hoping that we can do both. Someone that's been on this thread - I can see her avatar but can't remember her name - she said on another thread that her family just goes to the one whose bus arrives first! That's not a bad strategy!

Am I more likely to get seating in the shade at one or another? DH is a bit of a delicate flower... :flower1:

Both parks are great, but I personally prefer the tropical feel of TL. If I can sit under a palm tree with a frozen drink in my hand I'm good. There is a decent amount of shade at BB, but the abundance of foliage at TL is helpful, and I think it is a little cooler.:beach:

I'm just piecing things together I may be wrong I may be right but I'm thinking the paid for previews aren't happening. I very well think the dining packages will still happen but the previews will likely never happen other than a scheduled media only preview just before the official opening.

Bummer, that would have been fabulous - but thanks for the information! Do you think the dining packages have any hope of starting by the opening date of 4/22?

I agree- love the creek. I just love the tropical feel at TL so much more. The theme at BB always just seems a little odd to me...but that might just be me.

Well, generally speaking, I get enough snow in my life each year, although the novelty of it is intriguing! I'm more naturally drawn to the tropical theme - especially if you throw in a tropical drink @capegirl - and I do love a lazy river!

:offtopic: Does anyone know how Memory Maker works? I mean, I assume plenty of people do, but specifically, if I buy the advance purchase now, how long do I have to use it? Can I hang on to it and not take pictures for weeks/months and then activate it, or does it start from now and I have, what is it, 30 days to use it?

Feel free to correct me, people, but what I remember from last year is that the 30 days starts when you activate it, and you then have 30 days to download or order (so not 30 days from when a picture is taken). Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. My friend activated them after her vacation but then forgot to download them and lost everything! It is still a sore spot in their household!

Did anyone realize that the blog post about 'good morning from the animal kingdom', that everyone commented on, is gone? I can't find it! At least someone read the comments? Woof! Or am I wrong and it's still up?

Did anyone realize that the blog post about 'good morning from the animal kingdom', that everyone commented on, is gone? I can't find it! At least someone read the comments? Woof! Or am I wrong and it's still up?

I can find it if I go under "Destinations" and then click Disneyworld and scroll down. But sadly, it's still as useless as before, although I'm sure "very soon" means any time now!!

Bummer, that would have been fabulous - but thanks for the information! Do you think the dining packages have any hope of starting by the opening date of 4/22?

So here's what happens at my work. You announce you're going to implement something that saves 'X' amount of dollars, something goes wrong and the budget already accounted for having those dollars. You're told to find a way to make it up.

Same premise. RoL previews were to generate 'X' amounts of dollars... No previews? Quick add early and late extra hours options to make up for the revenue.

Last edited:
If you guys don't mind... We're staying at the cabins in Ft Wilderness, planning to swim, dine, and Chip 'n' Dale campfire on arrival day.

Arrival Dinner: Whispering Canyon Cafe (any other suggestions?!)

(MK day)
Breakfast: BOG pre-park
Lunch: Pecos Bills
Dinner: either in cabin, or P and J's Southern Takeout (Formerly Trail's End To Go)

(Epcot)
Breakfast: In cabin or P and J's
Lunch: Akershus
Snack around the food booths
Dinner: TBD--considering: Rose & Crown, Coral Reef, Biergarten, or off-site near Epcot

(AK)
TH breakfast or dinner? Both currently booked, undecided--waiting for the mythical dining package beast unless it's no DDP
Flame Tree BBQ lunch or dinner
What about Sanaa?! Or Yak N Yedi? Ugh

(HS)
1900 Park Fare breakfast before late arrival (Maybe I should change this to a non-char meal that would impress DH?)
Mama Melrose F! package dinner

(MK)
Breakfast in cabin
BOG Lunch
Columbian Harbor House dinner

This is our first time ever eating at MK (that I remember, went once) so advice is so so very appreciated!
The only thing I see is at EP if you snack around the food booths you are probably not going to want a big meal for supper so maybe consider Via Napoli for pizza or a QS like Tangeriene café.

Heres a question for you guys sine were all about dining right now

I have reservations at Jiko last night I am there, late reservations. I wanted a nice relaxing dinner the last night with a lot of wine.

Fantasmic is on the table though and I haven't seen it.

I have california grill booked one night right before wishes, but I am gonna see it from the park itself the night before.

Would you guys cancel CG and do Fantasmic instead? Or would you move Jiko to around 5ish and see Fantasmic at 9 and keep california grill?

Of course when Rivers is fast pass ready then I really won't know what to do! I think for that id Move Jiko to 5ish and see rivers of light later

I would make a decision that included Jiko. We love that place!!!
About CG, the food is very good, no doubt. But it's pretty frenetic. We must prefer the atmosphere of Jiko. Lots of good options in your list, I don't think you really can go wrong with any of them.

I'd agree. CG is a great option for fine dining. But IMO you can have a great meal in many cities. I'd always opt to do the special Disney stuff you can only get here. I personally love Fantasmic. If you love Wishes, Celebrate the Magic, and other more, "sentimental" (for lack of a better word lol.... it's how I think of them. The ones that make me cry :() types of shows, then you will enjoy Fantasmic.

I've had MM for several trips, and now, it's included in the Annual Pass. Before I got the AP, I of course didn't use it until our trip, which was well after I first purchased it. So I'm sure, as others have said, it doesn't start until you activate it with your Magic Band. Then you can see your photos within a few hours on the MDE site, and have quite a while to download them when you get home, (30 days? 60 days? not sure, but they send you several emails reminding you how much time is left). No limit that I know of as to how many photos you can have taken.

I love this service...includes many of the ride photos, and some of the character meal photos.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter