Rumors of Light (ROL discussion thread)

OFF TOPIC!
Are fastpasses for the parades and fireworks worth it? We are going for 10 days in May. I have multiple days in all the parks. I've never used FP for them before but willing to try them out.

edit: obviously if they are still a thing. lol

Not sure if this helps you, but there are usually plenty of Fantasmic FP available as FP #4,5,6 etc. I have gotten FP after 5:30 for a 7pm show

OFF TOPIC!
Are fastpasses for the parades and fireworks worth it? We are going for 10 days in May. I have multiple days in all the parks. I've never used FP for them before but willing to try them out.

It depends on your plans and what you like to do. I hate fighting the crowds and wanted my wife and son to see the ELP last year so it was worth it to me to get a FP to that. My son doesn't like the loud booms of the fireworks so we watched those from our balcony at BLT. We managed to have a very productive day in the park and still used one of our FP's for ELP.

Here ya go.. Josh at EasyWDW posted this video!!! It's basically all of us:http://www.easywdw.com/easy/blog/video-hitler-really-wants-the-rivers-of-light-schedule/
8Qy4Ilh.gif

OFF TOPIC!

I've FP Wishes but only a day or two on long trips. It was worth it to me because we didn't have to wait somewhere on Main St, had a decent view and most importantly, room. There was room to stand comfortably and move around just a little bit. That extra room was worth the FP for me at the end of the day. Never used it at EP or for a parade. I've used it at Fantasmic as a fourth or fifth FP.
ETA: the parade & fireworks FP are usually gone at MK (between the 30 & 60 day time period) ime, so I'll be surprised if they are really gone and not replaced with something.

Not sure if this helps you, but there are usually plenty of Fantasmic FP available as FP #4,5,6 etc. I have gotten FP after 5:30 for a 7pm show
You will not get a 4th FP for Wishes or MSEP. They are very popular. We loved the Wishes FP. View for the parade was great, too, but plenty of other spots to watch the parade. The Wishes area is a perfect view, and we were usually able to sit as well. Really hoping this isn't true or they will be using the area in another way.

I read posts that theorized that they got rid of the Wishes FP+s because they wanted to save money on the CM's that have to monitor the FP+ area. I suppose that is possible and I think it was pretty popular so I was surprised the FP didn't exist. I was hoping to get a FP+ to Wishes for my May trip and I couldn't figure out why it wasn't available. I suppose that now that all of the construction is done in front of the castle there is ample space? I also read that if you FP the ELP you can just stay in that area (even though they will take down the ropes and others will come in to the area) and that is a pretty good viewing area for Wishes.
Msep FP was moved to the flagpole close to the train station so it isn't a good wishes viewing spot. But apparently they are getting rid of those FP also starting end of May/beginning of June.

New Adventures By Disney trip I think starts the beginning of June.

Walt Disney World Resort and Central Florida

ON YOUR OWN TIME IN MAGIC KINGDOM PARK
Enjoy special access to attractions and thrill to entertainment at the most magical place on earth!

ENJOY A VIP VIEW OF THE FESTIVAL OF FANTASY PARADE
Relish the magic of this famous parade from the front porch of Tony's Town Square Restaurant on Main Street, U.S.A.®. From this VIP position, you'll enjoy an amazing view of the magic as it passes by.

DINNER ON YOUR OWN
Choose to grab a quick bite or enjoy table-service, dining events and dining with Characters. Find out the complete list of choices available to you at Magic Kingdom park.

ON YOUR OWN AT MAGIC KINGDOM PARK
Guests may remain in this fantastical park to enjoy more experiences or to view the fireworks at Wishes Nighttime Spectacular up close from a privileged VIP viewing area.

In the past 24 hours, they've gone from 0 to 60 and announced a brand new thing over at MK, announced the dates, prices, and all that, made reservations open. Ugh. Nothing for a month about ROL...
The word is they never intended to announce the MK event now. It was leaked and their hand was forced
I keep thinking I wish someone would leak RoL info

The word is they never intended to announce the MK event now. It was leaked and their hand was forced
I keep thinking I wish someone would leak RoL info

Well someone get on the horn with WDWToday and claim to be an inside source, then!

Although, to be fair, how much longer were they thinking they could wait to announce a new event happening in two weeks? I'm talking about the MK thing here, though the irony is not lost on me.

Went and checked the details on this
Wow, an incredible trip
https://www.adventuresbydisney.com/north-america/disney-world-cape-canaveral-tour/
New Adventures By Disney trip I think starts the beginning of June.

Walt Disney World Resort and Central Florida

ON YOUR OWN TIME IN MAGIC KINGDOM PARK
Enjoy special access to attractions and thrill to entertainment at the most magical place on earth!

ENJOY A VIP VIEW OF THE FESTIVAL OF FANTASY PARADE
Relish the magic of this famous parade from the front porch of Tony's Town Square Restaurant on Main Street, U.S.A.®. From this VIP position, you'll enjoy an amazing view of the magic as it passes by.

DINNER ON YOUR OWN
Choose to grab a quick bite or enjoy table-service, dining events and dining with Characters. Find out the complete list of choices available to you at Magic Kingdom park.

ON YOUR OWN AT MAGIC KINGDOM PARK
Guests may remain in this fantastical park to enjoy more experiences or to view the fireworks at Wishes Nighttime Spectacular up close from a privileged VIP viewing area.

OFF TOPIC!

If you don't like crowds, and don't want to get to the parade route early to hold a spot, totally worth it. My son questioned my FoF parade fp last visit. It was the day my DGD did the BBB. A lot of characters stopped to make over her, especially the 7 dwarfs. (See my picture)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter