Rumors of Light (ROL discussion thread)

My savanna room was years ago ..... but I was there for 36 hours, mostly sleeping (stayed at B Resort) .... ate at Mara before leaving so walked out to see animals. DS did the SW 10k and Half. Used to run the races for time so never got to enjoy so this was all about jogging and stopping. Sat went great but that night something in hip snapped loudly enough for me to hear and displaced in hip. PAIN. I was sure he wouldn't do Half but he had to at least start to get the medals. Kept waiting for call to get him but just kept getting texts of where he was. Had a friend with him who is not a "runner" and he wanted to try for them. Double his normal time but he finished. Lots of pain since but will heal. I was not going but ended up he had to be back Sunday night so very last minute I went as the driver home.

Oh no! Hope he's feeling better soon - that sounds so painful!

I'm looking forward to your Gigi pictures. She was too far away for me to get a good one.

Me too! It will be very fun if we get to say hello on a future trip. :goodvibes
It was a very last minute change. My dh has serious neuro issues, and while he's doing pretty OK right now a move and a new neurology practice is going to be a lot to make happen. We can do it, just need to pace ourselves. So a trip in Oct to get the ball rolling in the right direction is a good idea.

We keep talking today about how much fun we had at WDW. Great food, beautiful weather, lots of happy memories. :flower:

Glad you both had a good time and some relaxation! Yes, wasn't the weather wonderful?

Wish I had camera when there but only my phone so not great .... and wish the baby was close to the adults for perspective.

Just wanted to run out there and hug it's neck!!

First time we stayed was savanna view and lots of giraffes every day. I didn't want to leave the room.

IMG_9291.jpg

IMG_9284.jpg

Oh my gosh...he's so cute!!

I may try to do it around 8pm-ish....we are also doing it at rope drop so no need for a FP then.

I will likely still do it, if the wait isn't too long. Just not sure I'll use a FP unless better reports surface!

I booked a later KS but not too late bc I'm trying to anticipate the JB show. If it's at 9...wouldnt the FP be for 20 or 30 min before? And I want EE for later but they haven't loaded them for my date of 6/7.

Some are reporting that FP+ now available for KS nighttime!!!

Thank you!! Moved ours to 7:00-8:00 in anticipation of (hopefully) getting FP's for the JB show after it. I wish *those* FP's would get released. I'm sure it won't be "dark" when we do the safari at that time, but it will still be different.

ETA: Nothing later than 6:00 for EE

Last edited:
Thank you!! Moved ours to 7:00-8:00 in anticipation of (hopefully) getting FP's for the JB show after it. I wish *those* FP's would get released. I'm sure it won't be "dark" when we do the safari at that time, but it will still be different.

ETA: Nothing later than 6:00 for EE
I'm totally guessing on the JB time but if it's 9 like F!, those FP are for 8:25 so I booked 7:25-8:25 for KS. I'm so stressed though because I probably guessed wrong. I realize we'll have fun regardless but geez, this is killing me!

I'm totally guessing on the JB time but if it's 9 like F!, those FP are for 8:25 so I booked 7:25-8:25 for KS. I'm so stressed though because I probably guessed wrong. I realize we'll have fun regardless but geez, this is killing me!

I'm right there with ya! All of these unknowns are driving me nuts. At least we've gotten the Safari and Soarin' taken care of. Now I'm just waiting on Jungle Book and Frozen Ever After. And I agree, no matter how this all shakes out, we'll still have a great time. I need to keep reminding myself of that. And anything new we might miss on this trip will still be there the next time we visit.

I'm right there with ya! All of these unknowns are driving me nuts. At least we've gotten the Safari and Soarin' taken care of. Now I'm just waiting on Jungle Book and Frozen Ever After. And I agree, no matter how this all shakes out, we'll still have a great time. I need to keep reminding myself of that. And anything new we might miss on this trip will still be there the next time we visit.
This x 1000. I've never planned a Disney trip this much so I need to remember that if things don't go as planned, it's ok...we will still have fun! But it's hard to remember when I'm spending all this time on the plans! :)

I'm nervous as well, I moved mine KS one day from 630 to 730 for daylight, and the other from 720 to 820..... I want to get river of lights but I also wanna see the safari in day and night.....not sure what route to go....

Right now for May 27th I have EE 7:10-8:10 and KS 9:30-10:30. That leaves a nice open hole for Jungle Book I hope. Would like EE later, but also want Safari at night and sunset is 8:15 that night. We are all teens/adults, so maybe we can go EE single rider on our way out after the Safari. (This is not our only AK day, only an evening to see the night time stuff).

I want a FP for Everest at night! Grrr! And the safari! Bitterness slightly renewed! Although no one in my family will do Everest again, so I went by myself at rope drop and walked on with the single rider line 3 times. They told me to hurry!! Love that!

Prepare yourself for giraffe pictures! It's happening!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter