Rumors of Light (ROL discussion thread)

Wow I'm glad those losing roofs and getting into car accidents are all ok!

So...I wouldn't expect any previews. My friend said that basically they're being told they have to open on the 22nd, despite people working on the project repeatedly telling higher ups it's not looking good. There were some huge technical difficulties that no one could have predicted, and it sounds like the 22nd was a perfectly reasonable date until unforeseen things went wrong. I think everyone is hoping it will all come together at the end, but at this point no one seems to know for sure that it will.

So I'm not sure what will happen about dinner packages and FP for now.

Does anyone know how the opening of Tiffin is woven into the ROL opening, or if indeed it is? It seems odd that Tiffin originally had Spring as it's opening and now is simply 2016. Does anyone know if this is also behind in being ready, or if they are just treating it as part of the package of new AK things and wanting it to open at the same time as ROL and night time safari? We really wanted to eat here whether ROL etc was open or not.

P.S. I know that is technically a restaurant question, but I much prefer to ask in this thread :D

Yes, I wonder that, too. I've read that currently, you can book the 3, then cancel the two Tier 2 if you want and then after using the Tier 1, try to book another Tier 1. So it may not be an issue to just book the Tier 1 initially, then try for more Tier 1's after you have used the first. Time will tell though, right?

I have talked to two different people who have told me that you must book two tier 2 and cancel them. Otherwise it won't let you book another tier 1 if you have used yours because it assumes you never booked any tier 2 FP+ therefore you are only eligible for tier 2. I haven't tried that yet but it sounds logical. So just to be on the safe side, I also booked two tier 2s for DHS and will cancel them after we have used tier 1 to make another tier 1.

Does anyone know how the opening of Tiffin is woven into the ROL opening, or if indeed it is? It seems odd that Tiffin originally had Spring as it's opening and now is simply 2016. Does anyone know if this is also behind in being ready, or if they are just treating it as part of the package of new AK things and wanting it to open at the same time as ROL and night time safari? We really wanted to eat here whether ROL etc was open or not.

P.S. I know that is technically a restaurant question, but I much prefer to ask in this thread :D

I believe Tiffins is behind schedule too, now looking to open in June.

We managed to get through Sandy without any damage, just lost power... and last night our basketball hoop came down on my husband's car! He is so mad! He just got this car a few months ago after having his last car for almost 15 years.... (I finally convinced him to get rid of it...) He loves this car - I feel so bad...
So sorry to hear about your car roof. Look on the bright side nobody was hurt and it kept your mind off of ROL for a short while:crazy2:

@mocame sorry to hear about your roof, but glad you had so many caring friends and neighbours to help you out.

Can't help but agree that something like that puts the RoL frustraion / anticipation on the back-burner ... I had one of those days yesterday too.

A small car blew through a red light and t-boned our Suburban ... spun us 180o through a typically busy intersection. Thankfully, we all walked away without a scratch, just badly shaken up. There must have been angels looking out for all of us. The car is a write-off for sure, not sure about our SUV yet.
I'm so glad you're all ok

So...I wouldn't expect any previews. My friend said that basically they're being told they have to open on the 22nd, despite people working on the project repeatedly telling higher ups it's not looking good. There were some huge technical difficulties that no one could have predicted, and it sounds like the 22nd was a perfectly reasonable date until unforeseen things went wrong. I think everyone is hoping it will all come together at the end, but at this point no one seems to know for sure that it will.

Thnx for keeping us in the loop. I hope you're getting some sleep and little ROLf is doing well

We are really looking forward to eating there as well - fingers crossed that it is open by our trip in August!

Sounds a lot like my workplace - I feel for the team that has to work crazy hours trying to get it all to come together in time!

Thanks for the update Kate.

P.S. Congratulations on your new addition!!!

@mocame sorry to hear about your roof, but glad you had so many caring friends and neighbours to help you out.

Can't help but agree that something like that puts the RoL frustraion / anticipation on the back-burner ... I had one of those days yesterday too.

A small car blew through a red light and t-boned our Suburban ... spun us 180o through a typically busy intersection. Thankfully, we all walked away without a scratch, just badly shaken up. There must have been angels looking out for all of us. The car is a write-off for sure, not sure about our SUV yet.

Oh, wow, how scary! Thank goodness everyone is okay! You will definitely need a Disney trip after that!

Now I'm back watching for ROL but if I get to see, I do. If I don't, it's okay. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter