Rumors of Light (ROL discussion thread)

One thing that the mug is good for is...if you eat at a resort you can exchange your QS drink on the plan for a "snack" item, so then use the mug to get your drink. But again, its limited to resort meals only.
True but that is a new change to the plan. Prior to this past year you could not do that. You got 2 drinks

As for coffee, am I the only one that drinks the free coffee in the room? It's not bad. Honestly, better than what's in the food court

I've been following this thread, not active on it yet. My trip is not until August so I figured I'd lay low and let this April launch happen before I get too panicky about booking a ROL dining package (hopefully at Tiffins). I feel for all of you with trips in late April looking for any sort of confirmation.

I feel like I'm waiting for a lot right now, there's ROL, then I'm sitting waiting on MNSSHP dates in case for some crazy reason they have early Sept parties this year (seeing 7pm closings early in Sept, but was the same last year and it never panned out), I'll be all over that. Then there is Pirates & Pals, which they have not yet released yet for late August/early September apparently because those dates are in limbo until the party dates are sorted out (according to one CM I spoke to, take that for what it's worth).

So I wait, and check and wait some more and then make 5 versions of my touring plan to fill the time.

But without the plan, you also have to factor in meal taxes and the free mug for refills in the resorts (included in the plans)...may or may not help the bottom line, and, how many mugs can you store in your cupboard? :)

Well currently I have at least 4 styles/designs of mugs in my cupboard with multiple colors each so probably somewhere around 20. That is after I gave some pink ones to my nieces and some blue ones to my nephews. And we dont even drink soda onsite! But they work well for my coffee in the morning and I dont care if ones gets lost on the soccer field/ left behind at the baseball field etc back at home.

Since I'm obviously not getting anything accomplished today, my coworker and I are discussing this After Hours thing. Does the $149 cover your park ticket? Or do you need a park ticket + the ticket for After Hours (similar to MNSSHP or MVMCP). For example, if I was in Orlando for a conference for work and was in meetings all day, could I opt for this after hours thing and just pay $149 to get into the park at 7 and stay until 1 or 2am? Or would I pay $110 PLUS the $149?

I think you would pay just the $149. However, if you wanted to stay from 9am to 2am, you'd be paying $259.

My comment on the Blog page, which didn't survive moderation, was how I don't think a feature where you essentially pay more for 3 hours in the park than you do for 14 would be very successful, unless they plan to add more benefits.

My comment on the Blog page, which didn't survive moderation, was how I don't think a feature where you essentially pay more for 3 hours in the park than you do for 14 would be very successful, unless they plan to add more benefits.

THere was a similar comment if it is not yours :

Unless I read something wrong, the cost of being at Magic Kingdom from 9am – 11pm (14 hours) on April 14th is $110. The cost of being at MK from 11pm to 2am (3 hours) on that date is $149.

I’d be surprised if this event is popular, but you never know.

You know, it's funny... when I price out the regular DP for my family (2 adults and 2 kids) it never makes sense. Maybe if EVERY meal was a buffet, but that gets exhausting. My kids barely eat anything so we dont need all those credits, they usually share a meal or share with us. But when I take a trip with Just ONE of my kids, (Just did my mother/daughter trip, mother/son coming up soon) it feels like it saves me a TON of money. Basically I book three or four character meals and the cost of the DP is the same as those, giving me 4 days of QS and snacks for basically "free." So maybe not savings as much as lots of rice crispy treats to bring home afterwards. Oh, and I do love a resort mug, I am a coffee-holic.
Yeh, we have almost all character buffets planned for our TS meals...for the kids....

True but that is a new change to the plan. Prior to this past year you could not do that. You got 2 drinks

As for coffee, am I the only one that drinks the free coffee in the room? It's not bad. Honestly, better than what's in the food court
We usually use the coffee in the room. Mom and I are big coffee drinkers so we will actually bring our own. The mug probably isn't that great of a value for us other than its a souvenir to take home.

THere was a similar comment if it is not yours :

Unless I read something wrong, the cost of being at Magic Kingdom from 9am – 11pm (14 hours) on April 14th is $110. The cost of being at MK from 11pm to 2am (3 hours) on that date is $149.

I’d be surprised if this event is popular, but you never know.

That was me! Apparently, it DID get through moderation after all. Thanks :)

I knew you could get a bottled drink but I had no idea you could get a snack instead.... wow. THats only at resorts? Every resort?
Actually you can trade your drink or your dessert for a "snack" item (denoted on the menus) at any QS dining (that is available on the DDP) anywhere in the WDW resort, including the parks. I plan to trade my drink at BOG for the french onion soup and either just drink water or get a specialty drink. At Artist Palette at SSR, I plan to trade my drink there for a snack item, as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter