• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rumored Changes to G+

Just Google "Len Testa." The first umpteen screens will be about him. I would have cited being co-author of The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World first, but I'm old-fashioned. I also remember exchanging emails with him back when he was running the Guide's corrections page and wasn't the co-author yet.

More relevant to this thread, he is the source of the informed rumor cited at post 14 about the proposed changes to Genie+. He has also posted in the thread itself. Do a search for posts by lentesta.
We’ve been DVC members for almost 25 years. The Unofficial guide was my WDW Bible when our (now 30-something) kids were young and bought a new edition every 1-2 years. With just a small amount of reading and studying you could create an unbelievably productive touring plan on your own. It was such a great resource and sure do miss those days!

Last edited:
Some guy who's wrong a lot. But, you know, going on about it in a professional way.

The way I introduce myself at talks is "I refer to myself as the 'pretty face' of a much more talented group of people ... who themselves would say that 'pretty face' is a stretch, at best."
Len no offense but I do hope you are wrong about tiers. I don’t know anyone who would embrace that change.

Len no offense but I do hope you are wrong about tiers. I don’t know anyone who would embrace that change.
From their view of they let pre-planned book any 3 ahead of time majority will pick the top 2-3 in each park. Doing that will very little for those who purchase Genie+ day of.

IMO the best way is let the pre-planners can book their first LL for each day 7 days before their trip. That way Genie+ stays the same and it ends the 7am complaints.

Some guy who's wrong a lot. But, you know, going on about it in a professional way.

The way I introduce myself at talks is "I refer to myself as the 'pretty face' of a much more talented group of people ... who themselves would say that 'pretty face' is a stretch, at best."

Len, I will always fondly remember my first memorable encounter back in 2011

IMG_0609.jpeg

From then on you were ‘the guy that did the awesome room layout with tape in his driveway’ 🤣

Oh sure, best selling books, computer/data guru, website and all that. But first and foremost? ^^^

From their view of they let pre-planned book any 3 ahead of time majority will pick the top 2-3 in each park. Doing that will very little for those who purchase Genie+ day of.

IMO the best way is let the pre-planners can book their first LL for each day 7 days before their trip. That way Genie+ stays the same and it ends the 7am complaints.
Agree. 1 plus 2 ILLs. That gives resort guests 3 pre booked rides.

My biggest problem outside of price of tickets now, especially since I'm Canadian and the exchange makes it that much more, is how they continue to make it more complex to visit.

I get that Disney isn't like other parks out there but there is no way it should take the amount of work it does to visit.

I agree. They risk devaluing genie+ by removing too much inventory with advanced bookings

I agree. They risk devaluing genie+ by removing too much inventory with advanced bookings

A broken product is still a broken product. Trying to hide that just screams desperation.

As it is you're looking at about 50 dollars a day for what was previously a broken fp plus product, or about 20 to 30% more.

As it is you're looking at about 50 dollars a day for what was previously a broken fp plus product, or about 20 to 30% more.
I may have missed something since I haven't read every single post here. Is that a known price for the revised G+?

I may have missed something since I haven't read every single post here. Is that a known price for the revised G+?
no, the max price observed has been $35 for Genie+ over Christmas and NYE..... , everything is conjecture at this point

Seems to me they could let those staying on site buy Genie+ a week in advance, but not let you reserve any rides until the day of your visit....

Seems to me they could let those staying on site buy Genie+ a week in advance, but not let you reserve any rides until the day of your visit....
But why?
I mean if you’re going to log in and reserve a ride why not just buy it then anyway. Less hassles for refunds if people decide not to use it day of for whatever reason. I think it would be adding a step for no real convenience.

They already had that when it first rolled out...
Yes and it would be great to bring back that feature. I’m not sure why they got rid of it.

To me the real advantage without messing things up for everyone else would be to make people have to be in the park to start skipping the lines. Fastpass+ was totally out of control. I really hope we don’t go back to those days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter