Rumor? Seas and The Land closing?

I could get behind the Seas going if at the same time Animal Kingdom created a new land for sea life and relocated the animals there. A Seas addition to Animal Kingdom could be really good and more in theming than at modern Epcot.

The Land however I would not be in support of, although a refurbishment, absolutely.

On a side note, I know Epcot’s more of an experience park, but I do still believe it could use more rides, but I’m glad we have some coming, IP or not

Same! Guardians doesn't completely sit right with me, but it looks like a really cool concept at the very least. I am veeery down with Rat in France, I think it's supplementary to the pavilion, where as relating Frozen to Norway didn't work as well IMO

So that would mean that the DVC lounge would be demo'ed too? Just more proof, no DVC perk is guaranteed.

Maybe the thinking is that would make a good spot for the rumored Epcot hotel with access to the monorail inside the security bubble.
I think that would be a terrible idea by the way...

Just saw this on a Yahoo post that Living with the Land and The Seas will be bulldozed around 2025 I phase 2of Epcot overhaul. Anyone know more?

Epcot has long been ignored and lives on the traffic from the various festivals and people drinking around the world showcase. Pandora pushed AK to the #2 park for attendance and SWGE will most likel boost DHS in a similar manner and put EP dead last for attendance.

Last edited:

Insiders have killed this rumor - MagicFeather and Martin at WDWMagic.com have both said this is NOT happening and both know of plans (phase 3 of Epcot redo) that entail some refurbs for both pavilions. No time table on those refurbs though. Plus Disney themselves had announced a replacement for the film in the Land, so this really makes no sense at all, by all reports though Tom is hanging onto it on Twitter like a cat with a fresh mouse

My guess from everything I've read is that it'll be a very extensive overhaul but not a complete demolish. Or at least I hope. The whole area reminds me of a house that keeps getting add ons. It works, it's usable, people enjoy a lot of it, but it could be redone.

The inside of the Seas pavilion is pretty bad around the aquarium, it's in dire need of refurbishment. In a perfect world for me, the two pavilions would be connected somehow incorporating the land and the sea together in the middle. And maybe finding a better way for strollers to be stored since its such an eyesore over there, as well as a better way in/out of the Land if you're pushing a wheelchair.

According to WDWNT rumors from years ago we should have table service restaurants at all the All Star Resorts, a private ticketed Ice Cream event on the Liberty Belle, and a Brazil Pavilion between Germany and Italy**.

I think they report every whisper of a rumor and take credit when something sticks. I'm not worried about this until someone else reports it.

I think the timeline for this is so far away that there is no need to panic yet. I agree that the pavilions could both use a bit of an overhaul, but I would hate to seem them demolished.

According to WDWNT rumors from years ago we should have table service restaurants at all the All Star Resorts, a private ticketed Ice Cream event on the Liberty Belle, and a Brazil Pavilion between Germany and Italy**.

I think they report every whisper of a rumor and take credit when something sticks. I'm not worried about this until someone else reports it.

The ice cream event did happen.

Well the Brazil pavilion is still an active rumor.

Brazil is still very much active rumor, afterall how else can we get a all you can eat Brazilian Steak House at WDW?

One of the best and saddest description I’ve heard relating to parts of future world is an abandoned strip mall.
Sadly, that's exactly how I summed it up during my 2017 50th birthday trip (my first visit since 1986 when it was still relatively new). I was shocked by the decline of what had once been my favorite park. It was depressing walking through the first half of this giant park, past so many closed and empty buildings or ones cheaply repurposed as character meet & greets. I struggle to understand how the Disney leaders let it get this bad in the first place.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter