Rumor about “modified experiences” when Disney reopens (read 1st post for potential modifications being considered)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with that. I think they should give resort guests priority and block out annual passes during the initial phases. Maybe they should offer discounted one day tickets to AP holders who want to go to the parks during the opening phase. Transportation will be a challenge, but I think they're just going to have to cut capacity on buses and run more of them. It's not realistic to have six foot spacing on a bus so they should probably just mandate that everyone wears a mask while onboard and limit the occupancy to the amount of seats present on the bus. At least then you won't have someone standing right in your face.
So what about out of state AP holders who are resort guests?

I also think they'll require masks on transportation regardless of spacing. I'm sure it'll be a situation where you step out of your hotel room and your mask has to be on.

Not that it matters what I think, lol, but I think they should go resort guests only at first and give AP a choice of whether they want their AP “paused” and extended (partially refunded, etc) or if they want to use it and go as a resort guest. I don’t think it would be fair to make them pay for a ticket.

Apologies if this has been posted, but trying to finish fastpasses for August and many attractions are unavailable. This is for 74 days from today (August 8) so not likely a demand issue.

From what I can tell, it’s all meet and greets. Some surprising extras to me are the Safari, Spaceship Earth, and the Nemo ride. Is it even an AK trip without the safari...??

Magic Kingdom

Epcot

Hollywood Studios

Animal Kingdom (plus the UP show)
Well, Spaceship Earth was supposed to shut down for a refurb. If they're going ahead with that, it could explain why it wasn't bookable. I thought the Safari usually booked up fairly quickly. I assume by the Nemo Ride, you're talking about the Living Seas in EPCOT. If Spaceship Earth is down, that may have happened because people just grabbed up the fast passes that were available. The meet and greets aren't very surprising. I don't think we'll see those back any time soon.

It's also possible that Disney has reduced the fast pass capacity to accommodate the lower capacity once the parks reopen as well.

I think they should give resort guests priority and block out annual passes during the initial phases. Maybe they should offer discounted one day tickets to AP holders who want to go to the parks during the opening phase.

I don't think blocking AP holders would go over very well and to tell them they had to buy tickets to get in would certainly not work. Universal is doing a phased in, with CM's then AP holders, then general public, all over a few days time. That seems reasonable to me. The thing is, what people think should happen, generally depends on what their situation is. Resort guests think it should be limited to resort guests. AP holders think it should be limited to them. Locals think non-locals should be blocked.

I don't think blocking AP holders would go over very well and to tell them they had to buy tickets to get in would certainly not work. Universal is doing a phased in, with CM's then AP holders, then general public, all over a few days time. That seems reasonable to me. The thing is, what people think should happen, generally depends on what their situation is. Resort guests think it should be limited to resort guests. AP holders think it should be limited to them. Locals think non-locals should be blocked.
I'm sure some AP holders would be upset, but I also think there would be a large group who would be upset if the clock on their AP started when the first park reopened at whatever the limited capacity ended up being. There's probably not winning in that case. I think you'd also see an issue if there wasn't much capacity left in the parks after the resort guests and the majority of APs weren't able to get in.

Yes, I do agree most people will favor what fits their own situation most, but I still think limiting to resort guests only at first not only fits my situation (😂) but also allows Disney a big heads up of how many guests to expect in their parks each day. Even with dated tickets there are too many types that are not dated including APs. Limiting to resort guests gives them a bit of control. But as I’ve stated, I’m no one and I know nothing— just grasping at straws like everyone else.

Apologies if this has been posted, but trying to finish fastpasses for August and many attractions are unavailable. This is for 74 days from today (August 8) so not likely a demand issue.

From what I can tell, it’s all meet and greets. Some surprising extras to me are the Safari, Spaceship Earth, and the Nemo ride. Is it even an AK trip without the safari...??

Magic Kingdom

Epcot

Hollywood Studios

At 74 days out .. I don't see how ANY FPs would NOT be available.

This seems odd to me .. I still have my FPs for June 16-20 . .and I can modify/add some of those same FPs for mid-June.
I can make M&G Fast Passes for the princesses on June 25th.

So either they are planning on not being open until July 1 (or later) and thus aren't bothering changing June FPs .. or I guess you are seeing what could not be running come August. And it would make "sense" from a social distancing standpoint - Meet and Greets, the entire SEAS pavilion (lots of touch points). You'd THINK they would say that publicly instead of letting people stumble upon it by making Fast Passess.

And . .if that's the case .. no M&Gs and theatre shows for 2+ months, I don't really see why/how a lot of people would actually vacation there this summer.

Hopefully this is just a placeholder .. not allowing guests to make fast passes for things that MAY be cancelled -- not things that WILL be cancelled.

I'm sure some AP holders would be upset, but I also think there would be a large group who would be upset if the clock on their AP started when the first park reopened at whatever the limited capacity ended up being. There's probably not winning in that case. I think you'd also see an issue if there wasn't much capacity left in the parks after the resort guests and the majority of APs weren't able to get in.
SDL is pausing the re-start on AP's while allowing ap holders to enter the parks. That seems reasonable to me. It just depends on what their final plan is, but if resort guests get priority, I would expect to see them limit reservations at the point they hit whatever percentages they're looking for.

I really don't think it's going to be an issue. Remember Shanghai only has the 1 park so reservations were needed. With 4 parks and a lot of people canceling Disney will need the AP holders. There will be plenty of room for the people planning on going as long as they open all 4 parks

Not Disney, but a nice distraction while we all wait for some official word on next steps, here's the video developed by Efteling on their reopening (English cc):

That is something that has me curious, why they don't just cancel EVERYONE'S ADRs and fast passes for the rest of the summer.

If they did that, after me going through this twice already (cancelled in March, new trip in July), I would be on the phone as soon as I realized it, cancelling Disney while booking Universal. Also... odd fact here... I had already done online check in for my March trip (because they closed the park 36 hours before our arrival) and had to actually call to move the trip. I could not do it online due to the check in. I told myself I would not do online check in for my July trip at all so I wouldn't lose the ability to cancel online without calling.

Disney transferred my online check in from March to July. So if they decide not to open until after our arrival dates, I'm still going to have to call (and maybe wait 6 hours like last time) in order to cancel. I'm just waiting on a date from Disney. I have 2 other backup trips in my head and need to make a decision in the next week or so.

Magic Kingdom

Epcot

Hollywood Studios

How are you able to get fast passes for August already ? I thought it was 60 days in advance?

If they did that, after me going through this twice already (cancelled in March, new trip in July), I would be on the phone as soon as I realized it, cancelling Disney while booking Universal. Also... odd fact here... I had already done online check in for my March trip (because they closed the park 36 hours before our arrival) and had to actually call to move the trip. I could not do it online due to the check in. I told myself I would not do online check in for my July trip at all so I wouldn't lose the ability to cancel online without calling.

Disney transferred my online check in from March to July. So if they decide not to open until after our arrival dates, I'm still going to have to call (and maybe wait 6 hours like last time) in order to cancel. I'm just waiting on a date from Disney. I have 2 other backup trips in my head and need to make a decision in the next week or so.

I had done online check in for my March and May trips and had no issues canceling either one online.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter