RPR APH rate - when can we show the AP?

Ok - Thanks for your help. I thought it sounded kind of odd. 3 park 3 day park to park tickets for 5 adults with UT is $1570.80. The same ticket with tax at Universal is $1570.85. Probably no difference because i'm doing 3 parks and Volcano Bay will be brand new - right?. I guess i'll just stick with my package for now and upgrade to AP when I get there if rooms are available. I don't mind that I have to pay in full early because I would rather have everything paid for before I even start packing. I'm sure more questions will come up at some point so thank you again for all you information.

Ok - Thanks for your help. I thought it sounded kind of odd. 3 park 3 day park to park tickets for 5 adults with UT is $1570.80. The same ticket with tax at Universal is $1570.85. Probably no difference because i'm doing 3 parks and Volcano Bay will be brand new - right?. I guess i'll just stick with my package for now and upgrade to AP when I get there if rooms are available. I don't mind that I have to pay in full early because I would rather have everything paid for before I even start packing. I'm sure more questions will come up at some point so thank you again for all you information.

Aha, now that I know the tickets you are getting I can see that. UCT is a savings off of gate price, but because you save $20 per ticket ordering ahead of time, that difference just isn't there for this purchase. Interesting.

So...because Damo and I have such different interpretations of what the package lady was telling you, you might think about what she really was saying.

If you get a package and leave it as a package, although you will be able to upgrade those *tickets* to an AP once you're there, you're not going to be able to do the AP rate for a hotel room at that time.

People book room-only when hoping to get an AP rate on the hotel; that doesn't come into play with a package, though. If you're thinking about the APH rate for a room, you want to book room-only and see if you can get a good rate *when those rates become available for your dates*. There's a lovely thread that's generally kept up here, and I saw that the old one was closed which means there should be a new one, of rates for this year. It helps you see how far out (or close in) rates are offered for dates so you can start checking for yours.

But if you keep your package that's not something you'll be worrying about.

yea, i'm keeping the date/rate 2017 thread going until keishashadow is back from vacation.

op can look at that and see what discounts are out there for this year now.

some of us post what rates we have booked with knowing our rates can be modified when ap rates are released.

in all past years the date/rate thread has been going on, have not had peeps post their stay was a package.

SMSM rates were released in october 2016 for all of 2017.

AP rates are out only to May 26th as of today.

MIL has been released for some of 2017

different ticket set up will happen as Volcano Bay will be included on specific tickets for June 1.

Thanks for clarifying!! I have switched to a room only reservation!

so easy to modify a room rate when you book room only.
just don't be sad if you find out no discounts are out there you can switch to

i booked my october 2017 stay 11 months and 20 days out (oct 2016)
i booked my february 2017 stay about 8 days ago.
Ap rate was available from the start of my booking.

some dates have ap rates book quickly.
other dates like mine early next month don't fill up.

I'm a little nervous but I booked a room at Portofino with the AP rate and plan to upgrade one of our tickets to an AP once we are inside the parks. I am planning to go ahead and check in at the hotel and show the AP when we get back from the parks. Based on everything I've read here, I believe this will work.

I am wanting to book April 1 through April 8th. The rate for PBR is $371.04 and RPR is $389.71 for standard room.I guess the AP will not apply this year to that date.I have been to RPR and PBR on that same date for several years to Universal and have never paid anywhere near that pricing.May have to consider vacationing elsewhere.Anyone's thoughts on this?

I am wanting to book April 1 through April 8th. The rate for PBR is $371.04 and RPR is $389.71 for standard room.I guess the AP will not apply this year to that date.I have been to RPR and PBR on that same date for several years to Universal and have never paid anywhere near that pricing.May have to consider vacationing elsewhere.Anyone's thoughts on this?

Is that spring break this year? AKL is $445 and GF(outer building garden view) is $597 for those same dates, so it must be considered peak season?

Last edited:
Last year I paid $264 avg a night for first week in April at PBR. Saturday to Saturday.

That could be it. I just wonder at what point the consumer says thats enough Ill go elsewhere.
Or is it possible that big blocks of rooms have been sent to other 3rd party travel companies. And possibly released back to UO at some point?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter