Royal Pacific, trouble in paradise?

bartola

Earning My Ears
I just read a review in another site that this hotel is having trouble with its staff and the cleaning services. That the room, the bathroom, even the pool was dirty and when complained, employees were indifferent to it... Has anyone stayed recently in this hotel and let me know what's going on? Also, I booked a reservation for sept at $131 per night, do you think I could get a better deal? How?

as for cleanliness not sure as I haven't been in a while but it was always nice in the past.

$131 per night is an excellent rate:thumbsup2

I also try and keep in mind that a review is a persons opinion--now if there have been constant bad reviews I would be more worried

There have been reports here about housekeeping and such. I think they were in the middle of new hires tho? Can't remember for sure.

Remember, you are staying at a 4-star hotel. If something isn't to your satisfaction, call the front desk or Star Services about it.

You have a good rate...I say go and enjoy.

There isn't ANY business that can please ALL the people ALL the time.

We've stayed at all 3 onsite hotels and haven't had any problems.

We did a 3 night stay last month.The rooms were very clean and everytime we went to the pool there was always someone cleaning the leaves out.I don't know who comes up with this stuff!!:confused3

Like PP said, you cannot please everyone. We have been staying here for the last 5 years, and never had any probs.
Have always seen some reports about cleanliness and pools every year, but have never had any problems, and usually see them cleaning the pools before it opens, and even during the day they where constantly taking leaves out of the pool and washing down the sides.
going again in July and looking forward to it.

Our most recent stay was in January, and we could not have been more pampered. Truly, one call to Star service and you will have anything you need.

Your rate is excellent! It is a deluxe hotel. There are always going to be some issues that come up at any hotel but we haven't heard of any consistent problems here on the board. We are going early June and I'll make sure to post if there are any cleanliness problems.

We did have one issue, once only. We called the front desk and they sent housekeeping up within 15 minutes to address the issue, They were very nice about it and apologized for the situation.

Actually we had an issue once at PBH. They also sent housekeeping up quickly as well.

And he stays almost a month at a time! (lucky)

Odd time for you, no? Thought you were a ''spring'' person?

Well, we will be in South Carolina for a bit and thought we would pop down for a few days. It is only about a 5 hour drive from our house there. Since we are so anxious for Harry Potter and got RPR for $135/night, figured it was worth a shot. We're going to do the same thing end of August.

Well, we will be in South Carolina for a bit and thought we would pop down for a few days. It is only about a 5 hour drive from our house there. Since we are so anxious for Harry Potter and got RPR for $135/night, figured it was worth a shot. We're going to do the same thing end of August.

Considering where you (normally) live & the rate you got, can't says I blame you. I would too.

We just stayed there last week and loved it. Everything was great. I do agree the kids pool needed a bit of sprucing up but we didn't go into it. Have a great time! The concierges were wonderful and helped us out quite a bit.

Plus, that rate is fantastic!! We paid over $200. (but I still think it was worth it).

It is the Stay More, Save More rate for 5 days in sept. I am wondering if it would be a good idea to add the Club Level service, but I saw pictures of too many sweet stuff, what other foods do you get with this service? popcorn::

We were there in December and had a perfect trip! Our room was always clean, and the rest of the staff was great. (Well, we had a bit of a ditzy, young girl at check-in that couldn't answer any of our questions, but we overlooked her and went on with our way.) The rest of the staff was great!

We had adjoining rooms; one morning, DH and DF left the doors open to where they jammed and we couldn't get in to either room. (Don't ask me how they did this because I still don't understand. I just know that our doors were literally blocked and couldn't be opened.) We found a maintenance man in the hallway and he came to fix the problem ASAP. (Said it happens often, too.)

I actually liked it better than that other park's resorts (and I've been to that other park over 20 times.) :lmao:

$131 PER NIGHT FOR FRONT OF THE LINE ACCESS?

That is a GREAT RATE!

I have stayed at RP 2 times since opening and Portofino 1 time!

RP is a great resort! Portofino is beautiful, but in my opinion the extra $$$
is not worth it for my family!

By the way, Islands breakfast buffet at RPR is AWESOME!

2 years ago we had a bed and breakfast rate and the service and selection were wonderful! Too bad I was feeling well, because I would have enjoyed it more!

$131 is a FABULOUS RATE! LOOK NO FURTHER AND ENJOY!:cool1::cool1::cool1:

Just got back from RPR on Tuesday and had a fantastic stay! No complaints about housekeeping or the cleanliness of the pool! The only thing I could say about the pool is quite often ducks would be swimming in it beside people, lol, which was a bit strange but I guess there's nothing they could do about it? :confused3

What about the Club Level? What kind of items do you find beside sugary stuff???

Although there looks to be a lot of sweet offerings for breakfast, the link to the thread below shows they also offer cereals, fruits (fresh & dried), yogurts, granola, assorted breads, croissants, bagels, juices, milk, etc. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2214294

That would suit my needs VERY well, but I'm not a big breakfast person & don't eat eggs like most. I usually prefer something sweet, like a danish, donut or croissant with butter & jelly, with my coffee (GOTTA have my coffee :laughing: ).

No worries....I think you'll enjoy your stay immensely!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter