ROYAL PACIFIC RESORT INFO...FAQ and more......

@FoxC63 we had a couple of days at Universal at Thanksgiving last year and I was so pleasantly surprised especially having Express pass. I loved the parade and we had a ball. I’m sure you will too!

Thank you! We have a big parade in Detroit but man is it cold not to mention you have to get up pretty early to get decent spots. :cold: No thanks!

Thank you! We have a big parade in Detroit but man is it cold not to mention you have to get up pretty early to get decent spots. :cold: No thanks!
Well I wouldn’t expect that haha! But it was cute and we got spots near Jimmy Fallon that were ideal. It was just a nice holiday with family. I’m sure you will enjoy the break from the cold!!

Woo hoo! We are officially booked, flights & Royal Pacific 2 Queen with AP discount! Tues Nov 26 -Tues Dec 3

A bit nervous, first time traveling during the holiday but I hear Universal is amazingly fun!

Due to flights being outrageous we had to extend our stay by one night at Hampton Inn on Tuesday Nov 26th but that's a free night stay so we're good to go! :santa:

Congrats on the trip!!! And a a free night stay is always good.....

If you see us please say a big hello, we arrive Nov 29th till Dec 10th.....and we are at RP too...... we’ll be in the parks a lot this trip as Kyle will want to spend most of the time doing the rides :wave2:

Congrats on the trip!!! And a a free night stay is always good.....

If you see us please say a big hello, we arrive Nov 29th till Dec 10th.....and we are at RP too...... we’ll be in the parks a lot this trip as Kyle will want to spend most of the time doing the rides :wave2:

Oooh! This sounds fun, I hope we can connect! ::yes::

I have a chance to upgrade for $90 from Queen water view to King Club Level. It would just be the two of us, we would be doing park opening and we don't drink beer (and likely would skip the wine for harder alcohol).

Is it worth it? Is the location more likely better (closer to the boats/park)? Is it a better view (not sure if water view is actually good)?

What benefits might I be not seeing when trying to find info? Or is this one of those things that for $90 it's not worth it buts it's a cool experience?

We won't be back to Universal until likely 2024 when kids are older and new park has been open for a while.

I have gone through all 136 pages of this thread. You guys are amazing with all the info you have shared! I am convinced now it is worth the extra $. We will be staying here the first 2 nights of our upcoming trip! There will be 5 to 7 of us. 2 queen rooms. Really excited even though still a year out.

I have a chance to upgrade for $90 from Queen water view to King Club Level. It would just be the two of us, we would be doing park opening and we don't drink beer (and likely would skip the wine for harder alcohol).

Is it worth it? Is the location more likely better (closer to the boats/park)? Is it a better view (not sure if water view is actually good)?

What benefits might I be not seeing when trying to find info? Or is this one of those things that for $90 it's not worth it buts it's a cool experience?

We won't be back to Universal until likely 2024 when kids are older and new park has been open for a while.
I don't think the view will be any better. The real benefit is the lounge. If you'll be in the park by 7AM, then you won't be using it for breakfast. And you've also said you won't take advantage of the beer and wine served in the afternoon. The lounge could still be worth it if you will take a midday or afternoon break back at the hotel, chose to have dinner in the lounge, or stop by for dessert later. You can also stock up on bottled water from the lounge. Even skipping a single restaurant meal for two could pay for the $90 upgrade. But don't expect an overall upgraded room experience with Club level: it's the same rooms on a slightly higher floor but with access to the Royal Club lounge.

I should add that it was especially nice to have the lounge on arrival and departure days: we could grab a quick bite before heading into the parks on the first day and heading back to the airport on the last day. Also, if you get an early dinner in the parks, it's nice to have the lounge for a snack/dessert back at the hotel (before heading to the pool in our case).

Last edited:

Water view can be pool or the waterways the boats go on. Rooms on Club Level can face either side and you could end up with a view of the highway......it’s not dreadful.

Is it a King Room or a King Suite you’d be upgrading to? Rooms are no different to others on other floors. You’re just usually put on the 7th floor. Or you can be on the 6th floor, our personal choice.

Coming out of T3 where Club Lounge is, you are closest to the boat dock. But a few moments walk and you’re on the path for the walk to the parks. Everything is convenient and not too far from anything.

Hard liquor is $5 a shot and is charged to your room.

If you wouldn’t be coming back during the day for any type of food you may not feel you’d get the cost back. How long you are staying is another consideration, if you’re there for two days and plan to blast the parks and not return to the lounge, it may not be worth it, only you can decide if it’s worth it.

I have gone through all 136 pages of this thread. You guys are amazing with all the info you have shared! I am convinced now it is worth the extra $. We will be staying here the first 2 nights of our upcoming trip! There will be 5 to 7 of us. 2 queen rooms. Really excited even though still a year out.

Excellent news! Even a year away, you can still be so excited...... ::yes::

So we are toying with the idea of RP even though it would be a tight fit for us.
I do have a question. Are children (13 and 7) welcome in the Orchid Lounge and Jake's at normal meal times?
I see that Jake's has a kid's menu, so I am guessing that is okay.

(I know everyone says this, but my children are good at behaving at nice restaurants.)

We ate at the Orchid Lounge for dinner with our kids. The kids were able to order from the Jake's kids menu and my husband and I had the sushi. The food was delicious!

What are the hours of Tuk Tuk Market? I tried to find info on the RPR home page, nothing. Page 1 of this thread also had no info. :confused3 We'll be there in less than 60 days for our first RPR stay, so any info would be appreciated. Also I see the picture of the Coke Freestyle machine, how will drinks be handled? One time fill up or do they have a refillable mug program? I know they are not affiliated with the parks, so my parks mug can't be used for fill-ups at the resort.
We are here now, just coming to the end of a two week stay( we have stayed here many times, lost count, often twice a year)

Tuq Tuq opened two or three days into our trip, though it’s a great addition, there is a bunch of new staff( Only seems to be Zoyla, the manageress , and one other gi
rl from the old team) so it seems a bit disorganised but is getting better every day!
We have sampled some of the food purely to let you guys know what it’s like, and it’s very good!
We have tried the pizza( a bit on the small side for 14 ish dollars but very tasty), the hotdogs, the cold sandwiches and the desserts. The quality is very good, much better than the quick service you will get in the parks.

I just asked about the coke machine; you can only use their disposable cups and it’s free refills for an hour.

It’s great having Starbucks coffee!

We are here now, just coming to the end of a two week stay( we have stayed here many times, lost count, often twice a year)

Tuq Tuq opened two or three days into our trip, though it’s a great addition, there is a bunch of new staff( Only seems to be Zoyla, the manageress , and one other gi
rl from the old team) so it seems a bit disorganised but is getting better every day!
We have sampled some of the food purely to let you guys know what it’s like, and it’s very good!
We have tried the pizza( a bit on the small side for 14 ish dollars but very tasty), the hotdogs, the cold sandwiches and the desserts. The quality is very good, much better than the quick service you will get in the parks.

I just asked about the coke machine; you can only use their disposable cups and it’s free refills for an hour.

It’s great having Starbucks coffee!
Thank you for the info! What quick service breakfast items do they have?

Thank you for the info! What quick service breakfast items do they have?
Haven’t took a detailed look as we always have breakfast at Starbucks in Universal Studios ( it’s just one of our rituals!) but have noticed bagels, doughnuts, croissants, cereal, advacado toast, some hot sandwiches, yoghurt and granola etc. Also fruit cups, so quite a good variety .

We’re back at RP in 4 weeks.......I plan to take pictures of the new things in place around the hotel including the new menu’s and will post them as soon as I get back and get over the jet lag........:thumbsup2
Thank you so much! We will be wanting quick grab and go breakfast. Photos would be amazing!!

Thank you so much! We will be wanting quick grab and go breakfast. Photos would be amazing!!
I wouldn't count on it being quick exactly, at least not in the near future. Took me 20 minutes to get just a scoop of gelato because it was extremely disorganized and it seemed like the staff was all new and still learning. There were maybe 6 people in front of me, who were almost all grabbing things that only should have taken a minute or two to process. Not blaming the staff, but it was clear they were undertrained and understaffed... hopefully they will work out the kinks soon.

Actually now that I think of it, pretty much all food service at RPR was quite slow. Took me forever to get the Tahitian French Toast my last morning at Islands, and an early dinner at Jake's took a fair bit of time too. The Tahitian French Toast and my chicken at Jake's were excellent, though.

Checking in next Thursday. Meeting my brother and sister-in-law there. My kids are so excited to see their Aunt and Uncle and check out a new place!

2 questions.
- What currently are the pools hours? Can I expect those to stay the same through our trip 11/7-11/12?
- If I call the resort and request rooms that are next to each other with my brother's separate reservation, can they accommodate that?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter