• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Royal Pacific Club Level

jakuch

Earning My Ears
Hi,
I am brand, spanking new to this board and thankful it exists. My family of four is staying in June for 4 nights at the RPH-club level room. If anyone could clue me into the following that would be great:

Breakast -- scale of 1 to 10, good, bad?
During the day -- is it open all day? Can one get water bottles & soda?
Evening -- what's the spread like? I heard one seafood dish... and what else specifically?
After dinner -- desserts? any thing else?
Can you watch the fireworks from the club? Does Universal have fireworks?
Is there wifi in the lounge?
Gymnasium -- is there a steam room, sauna, whirlpool?

Thanks so much,
Karen

Hi,
I am brand, spanking new to this board and thankful it exists.
Welcome!

My family of four is staying in June for 4 nights at the RPH-club level room. If anyone could clue me into the following that would be great:
My wife and I stayed there last Thanksgiving. We loved it!

Breakast -- scale of 1 to 10, good, bad?
Hard to say. Some days were different than others. I'd give it a 5 maybe, maybe more considering it was free. If you're looking for a full buffet you won't get that, but they do have some options. Cereal, PB&J, cinnamon rolls, bagels, but not like pancakes or scrambled eggs. Still, for the price it's pretty good. :)

During the day -- is it open all day? Can one get water bottles & soda?
Open all day! They offer free water, soda, snacks, alcohol (they stop serving sometime at night but I can't remember the time, it's before the lounge closes though). You can bring your water into the parks too (at least that's what they told me).

Evening -- what's the spread like? I heard one seafood dish... and what else specifically?
Chicken, pasta, sometimes more. It was different every night and day for us.

After dinner -- desserts? any thing else?
Yeah desserts. Cookies usually, and sometimes they'd have a cake out there.

Can you watch the fireworks from the club? Does Universal have fireworks?
I think they have fireworks at some point somewhere, but I don't know where or when, sorry.

Is there wifi in the lounge?
Wifi is all over the hotel, but you have to pay for it. :(

They do have a computer with internet access in the lounge though, and it's free to use.

Gymnasium -- is there a steam room, sauna, whirlpool?
I didn't see any of those, just forgot to look. We went into the gym but honestly didn't use it at all (it looked decent however). We exercise a lot during the year so we didn't really want to while on vacation. :cool1:

Oh, and I forgot... does anyone have photos?

Karen

Of the Club Lounge?

This isn't a very high quality pic, sorry, but...

HM_15.jpg

Search around though, I think there may be some good ones on here.

Oh yeah, forgot to say it before but have a GREAT TIME!!!!!!

We stay club mostly for the breakfast and access to water, soda and the extra space of the lounge. Also, the staff is very helpful for any needs that may arise. It is not a hot breakfast, except for oatmeal, but there is a varierty of cereals, juices, pastries, bagels, great fresh fruit etc. I would say it is a higher end continental breakfast and is perfect for our family as we are not big egg, meat , pancakes breakfast people. I am not as impressed with the evening offerings and actually prefer HRH Club's evening offerings better. They seem to always have fresh veggies and dip. Others love the evening offerings but our family is just OK with them. We never use Club evening offerings as a meal replacement but if we have a late lunch, the evening offerings are enough to tide us over until breakfast or another snack at the parks later. The sweets come out around 7 PM if I recall and they are OK as well. We do enjoy the cookies the most! Their computer in Club is good for airline checkins but we usually bring our laptop for business reasons as we don't want to hog up the Club's computer. Two extra TVs in Club lounge for the families that can't agree to watch the same show or just need to get into a larger space away from the room for a bit. Of all concierge and club lounges I have stayed at in the Orlando area, I must say that RPR has one of the worst views. It is of the highway, I believe I-4. So unfortunately, you will not be able to view fireworks from the lounge. We love both RPR and HRH Club. We can't choose our favorite because we love the atmosphere of both resorts. Usually, RPR is more affordable and I compare it to concierge at the YC/BC as far as services, yet, it is usually at least $100 less per night. You will love it. For a family of four, I would definitely you will find the convenience of the lounge wonderful. Be careful, once you stay club, you will never want to stay in a regular room again. It will spoil you!

Oh, and yes, there is a fitness club and club members get free access. It is on the lower level outside of the pool. DH usually uses the shower facilities in the fitness club after working out to open up the showers for the rest of our family. It has everything one needs to include, towels, soap, shampoo. I forget if it has razors and shaving cream. I'll have to ask DH.

Thanks for the responses and the welcome. So, if the club level faces the highway... where is a good place to watch fireworks from on the property?

Thanks,
Karen

I believe that the only fireworks are with the Cinesphere 360 show.....not really an impressive display by themselves.
We stayed 6 nights on club level over new Years. I enjoyed the club and food, but was dissapointed in the room itself. It was small, single sink, bliss toiletries that were kind of mediorce, and a sofa bed that should have been burned! I can post pictures after work.

We stay club mostly for the breakfast and access to water, soda and the extra space of the lounge. Also, the staff is very helpful for any needs that may arise. It is not a hot breakfast, except for oatmeal, but there is a varierty of cereals, juices, pastries, bagels, great fresh fruit etc. I would say it is a higher end continental breakfast and is perfect for our family as we are not big egg, meat , pancakes breakfast people. I am not as impressed with the evening offerings and actually prefer HRH Club's evening offerings better. They seem to always have fresh veggies and dip. Others love the evening offerings but our family is just OK with them. We never use Club evening offerings as a meal replacement but if we have a late lunch, the evening offerings are enough to tide us over until breakfast or another snack at the parks later. The sweets come out around 7 PM if I recall and they are OK as well. We do enjoy the cookies the most! Their computer in Club is good for airline checkins but we usually bring our laptop for business reasons as we don't want to hog up the Club's computer. Two extra TVs in Club lounge for the families that can't agree to watch the same show or just need to get into a larger space away from the room for a bit. Of all concierge and club lounges I have stayed at in the Orlando area, I must say that RPR has one of the worst views. It is of the highway, I believe I-4. So unfortunately, you will not be able to view fireworks from the lounge. We love both RPR and HRH Club. We can't choose our favorite because we love the atmosphere of both resorts. Usually, RPR is more affordable and I compare it to concierge at the YC/BC as far as services, yet, it is usually at least $100 less per night. You will love it. For a family of four, I would definitely you will find the convenience of the lounge wonderful. Be careful, once you stay club, you will never want to stay in a regular room again. It will spoil you!

Oh, and yes, there is a fitness club and club members get free access. It is on the lower level outside of the pool. DH usually uses the shower facilities in the fitness club after working out to open up the showers for the rest of our family. It has everything one needs to include, towels, soap, shampoo. I forget if it has razors and shaving cream. I'll have to ask DH.

Our first trip to HRH 's Club level and we are really :goodvibes excited . I was happy to read your report that you like the HRH Club level too. I can't wait to go . Last trip we stayed in a regular room but DD is sweet 16 so off the girls go for a trip to HRH and USF/IOA :banana: . Thanks for the review.

Our first trip to HRH 's Club level and we are really :goodvibes excited . I was happy to read your report that you like the HRH Club level too. I can't wait to go . Last trip we stayed in a regular room but DD is sweet 16 so off the girls go for a trip to HRH and USF/IOA :banana: . Thanks for the review.

Enjoy your trip! You will love HRH Club. I wa hoping to stay there this July 4th weekend as I will have three 16 year olds which is the resort the prefer. Unfortunately ( or fortunately) DH decided he now wants to come along. Perhaps if the kids were younger but 5 "adults" in one room is a bit much and DH wants two separate rooms and Club is always a must for him. That made HRH a bit over our budget so we are staying RPR Club again. The HRH Club has basically the same offerings except for evening offerings which I like better. The lounge itself is comprable to RPR but the HRH is defintiely cooler for the rockers out there. RPR is more laid back and relaxing. We stayed Club one time at PBR the year it opened but it is my understanding that it has changed since then. We usually steer away from PBR Club because it is not on the same floor as the rooms and the resort is a bit further away from the parks. DH and I plan to try PBR again without kids because it is a very romantic resort! Seize every moment and opportunity on your trip to tide you over until the next one!

Is there unlimited supply of water/soda at RPR Club Level?

Someone mentioned that you can bring bottled water this into Univ/IOA???
Yes????

Has anyone ever done adjoining and/or connecting rooms at RPR Club? Do they seem to honor request??

Thnx.

Is there unlimited supply of water/soda at RPR Club Level?

Someone mentioned that you can bring bottled water this into Univ/IOA???
Yes????

Has anyone ever done adjoining and/or connecting rooms at RPR Club? Do they seem to honor request??

Thnx.

We travel so much in different resorts/hotels that I sometimes get things messed up but I believe RPR was a glass front fridge by the lounge door where you can grab water and soda anytime you want. If it doesn't, no problem, as all you have to do is ask the staff. They always hand it over with a smile! And yes, you can take bottled water into the parks. You can't take the small soda bottles into the parks because they are glass. Security will check your bags as you enter CW area to go to the parks. We normally take two bottles of water per person, especially when it is extremely hot (as opposed to just plain very hot).:beach:

I have never requested adjoining rooms at RPR so I can't help with that question.

Ok so Im new to the Universal family..How much difference is it to upgrade to Club?

Well, I can only tell you the difference relating to my room rate. I booked the supersaver rate of $292/night for the club level in mid-June and the regular supersaver rate was about $202.

Karen

:cool1: Yahoo, only 3 days until we arrive. We are Club level and I'll fill you in when I get back sometime after February 5th. Stayed Concierge at AKL over at Disney last May, so it be interesting to see how they compare.

:cool1: Yahoo, only 3 days until we arrive. We are Club level and I'll fill you in when I get back sometime after February 5th. Stayed Concierge at AKL over at Disney last May, so it be interesting to see how they compare.

Have a great time! AKL concierge is one of the better concierges on site at Disney and can not really be compared to RPR. But then again, concierge at AKL costs an average of at least $100 more per night (at least the times we stayed there) compared to RPR. With that in mind to keep things in perspective, I think you will truly enjoy your stay. Have a fun and safe trip!

Thanks Disneyhappy! Its all good as long as there is oatmeal in the morning and a glass of wine later on!!! I leave in the morning to drive 100 miles to the airport then out early Monday. Hope the drive is not bad, they just forcasted 2-3 FEET of snow from now until 11pm tomorrow.....No wonder I need some sunshine in Florida :cool1:

Anything Disney,

Have a Great Trip!! Any Comments on RPR Club Level would be appreciated when you return!

Enjoy!

Whoo whoo! I am back and what a great trip! Course it did snow 6 feet the week I was gone. Few minor issues here and there, but only with the main lobby concierge, not the club level attendants. There was oatmeal and a glass of wine! :lmao: I'll fill in more later. I did post a bit of info over in another thread regarding the difference between concierge at AKL and RPR.

Whoo whoo! I am back and what a great trip! Course it did snow 6 feet the week I was gone. Few minor issues here and there, but only with the main lobby concierge, not the club level attendants. There was oatmeal and a glass of wine! :lmao: I'll fill in more later. I did post a bit of info over in another thread regarding the difference between concierge at AKL and RPR.

oatmeal and wine - :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: glad you got it!

would love to hear about your trip! we're staying club RPR next month for the first time (first time for everything), so i'll be looking for your report (if you're doing one... don't feel any pressure or anything... popcorn:: popcorn:: popcorn:: popcorn:: popcorn:: popcorn:: )

:rotfl: :rotfl:
:)

Also considering RPH Club for upcomming trip, so I would like to see your review too. Details, lots of details please.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter