Round about cost to add teenage driver

Mine was less than expected though I can't tell you exactly how much because I have it all lumped together. House and 3 cars. He drives a 2002 Buick century. Had drivers training and good student discount plus did an online thing through the insurance company. We have State Farm.

Was it full coverage or no collision and comp?

my ds was around $80 extra.... my friends son this past week added only another $56 per month to her policy (I have since switched to her insurance company lol) but here's a tip, in our house,if you can drive, you have to pay your own insurance costs monthly. This way I have my teens on my policy, but I don't have to pay the extra for them to drive....:cool1:

Which company did you switch to? Thanks

I'd go to Kbb.com and see how much the truck is worth if its totaled and decide what to do between full coverage and liability. I think $97 for liability is in line with what I'm hearing it costs to insure a teen boy. I forget if you have a boy? I didn't go back and read the opening post :-(.

I dropped collision and comprehensive insurance when our car was 7 years old. Keeping collision on a 2002 car seems like a waste in my opinion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter