"Rough" Week For Disney Continues

I will never, ever again pick a silver rental car. Blue is best, red if they don't have it, and white if I have to, but there are more silver cars (I call them "car-colored cars) out there than there are calories in a Mickey bar, and I have spent too much time searching the silver seas. And yes, I usually have to take a picture of the lot sign - when I can remember.

probably alot of rental cars and they always seem to be silver or gold-ish. I love the idea for the new names sounds like they are keeping the old but adding some to narrow down your areas,I think its a fun idea personally

wow.. no offense, learn to post if you are speaking to someone directly :confused3 When you speak to someone directly, you quote them.. and you quoted no one.. I quoted you...so I was speaking to you.. you can answer me in a different manner :confused3

:teacher:

I am so intrigued by this post. :thumbsup2

They sell these small keychain sized GPS thingies that will let you mark up to 3 locations and then the sole purpose of the unit is to point a directional arrow towards the marked location you've selected (accurate within I believe about 15 feet). The first time I saw one of those I laughed, heartily. The second time I saw it I was thinking about going on a cruise and it occured to me that it might just be a fabulous way to get me back to wherever the tour guide was supposed to pick us up during our free time in shore excursions. Well that and figure out where you left your beach towel on a crowded beach you'd just walked down the length of looking for seashells. Later when we decided to go to Disney because the cruise was canceled the third use for that otherwise silly contraption came to me - Finding my rental car in a sea of identical looking rental cars at the parking lot of MK.

If they could make one that looked like the compass Jack Sparrow carried that pointed to the direction of his heart's desire, I'd own one already. I'm still considering it though...

Thanks for the link, some of the comments made me laugh. Its just a name change, no big deal imo.

This won't bother me in the least :lmao: I never remember where the heck I park anyway... so what's in a name :confused3 I have to resort to taking a picture of the sign or I get totally confused as to where I am by the time I leave the park. As I mentioned in another thread, there have been times that I went from MK to EPCOT via the monorail or visa versa and forgot which park, never mind which lot I left my car in :lmao: so another name for me is not big deal.. so what.. :rotfl: just another to forget for me :upsidedow

That is a super idea!!! I usually write all the info down in a small notebook, but I like your idea better!!! :)

That is a super idea!!! I usually write all the info down in a small notebook, but I like your idea better!!! :)

I usually take a pic of the lot name and number (ie. Chip and Dale 12) or text myself with the info. It's funny to go into a WDW parking lot at closing and listen to everyone with a rental find their car using the panic button.:lmao: Been there-done that!

I like the classic character names better but am I going to throw a fit about it. No, it's just a parking lot!

I can't believe you like it but don't like Avatarland...LOL - I couldn't resist.

Can't have the DIS masses thinking I'm a "hater". :lmao:

I've said time and again. I am generally a salivating, pixie-dust-huffing, sycophantic Disney uber-fan. There is very little I'm willing to complain about when it comes to Disney...they really have to screw up bad.

I half jokingly made a post about people getting upset about the name changes a couple days ago. Then yesterday I saw all the angry feedback on the blog.

Rough week?????? The people on these boards that complain about everything (but will deny it) are a small percentage of the users of the Dis. And even at Pete's own admission, the number of people who go to disney that actually visit this site is very small... bigger than most other sites, but still a small % of the overall people in Disney.

So a small % of a small % is an insignificant %. So let them complain, you are never going to change it.

Great observation! :thumbsup2

I've thought the same thing many times. It is usually the same vocal minority on the complaint threads and they'll keep the thread alive as long as anyone tries to contradict them. I have finally learned to just be quiet and the thread will fade away to the back pages quickly.

I half jokingly made a post about people getting upset about the name changes a couple days ago. Then yesterday I saw all the angry feedback on the blog.

I saw that post when you originally posted and wondered where the heck it came from.

I just think some people aren't happy unless they're complaining.

I'll miss the old names, but I don't have any major beef with the new ones. That said, I don't see how this makes it any easier to find your car. It's the exact same principle. The change itself is innocuous enough, but the reasoning behind it is specious.

I don't really understand how it will make it easier to find your car, but even still, I am not bothered by the fact that they are changing the names. We usually take a picture each day of our parking section & row number on our phone each morning if we are not in the first few rows, so we have never had trouble finding our car. It seems kind of silly to be SO upset about the characters used to name parking lots. :confused3

I'm just happy they are doing SOMETHING to the parking lot.

A few years ago we went to the halloween party and I have a photo of DH in his dalmation costume, kneeling on the painted lot name....Doopy 106.

The last time we drove to the MK handicapped parking lot, we couldn't even see the lines painted on the lot. Looked soooo shabby.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter