• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

RotR Planning & Daily Boarding Group Discussion - *CLOSED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Starting next Friday looks like they moved the closing time from 9P to 10P until the 30th, unless it was like that before, but pretty sure it wasnt.

It was already open till 10 those weeks. I’m there Dec 22-Jan 1 and those hours were like that before RotR opened.

I’m thinking that the main reason for the VQ that ROTR is not fully operational and prone to break downs. The change in DHS EMH hours seems to indicate that VQ will continue through January. We are there the first week of February so we just missed the cutoff. I think as soon as ROTR is fully operational and more reliable then VQ goes away. While a ride running at mostly capacity is better for everyone and VQ is not great for those who can’t or won’t get up that early, I kinda wish it would continue in February. Either way, we’re at DHS at 5:30 in the morning, right?

I was discussing with my family that may be we should try to go bag free on our DHS to increase our chances of getting a a BG. Do you think that matters or are the bag check lines going pretty quickly?

as long as you get there early enough, that shouldn’t be a problem. It didn’t take long at all to get through security For us.

I’m thinking that the main reason for the VQ that ROTR is not fully operational and prone to break downs. The change in DHS EMH hours seems to indicate that VQ will continue through January. We are there the first week of February so we just missed the cutoff. I think as soon as ROTR is fully operational and more reliable then VQ goes away. While a ride running at mostly capacity is better for everyone and VQ is not great for those who can’t or won’t get up that early, I kinda wish it would continue in February. Either way, we’re at DHS at 5:30 in the morning, right?
How will the VQ work in January during PM EMH? You will have non-resort guests obtaining BPs in the morning that may call them between 9-11pm. Maybe this is an indication that the VQ will be gone by January?

How will the VQ work in January during PM EMH? You will have non-resort guests obtaining BPs in the morning that may call them between 9-11pm. Maybe this is an indication that the VQ will be gone by January?

It will be quite easy for those guests to be allowed access to ROTR while being denied at every other ride once the park ride access is closed to off-site visitors.

Remember with turning up earlier as well you can hopefully get on and off the ride before it has issues, if it does that is. We have ridden before 9am 3 times now, all because we were at the tapstiles by 6am at the latest. We can then get on and enjoy our day and not risk having a 70 plus BG number and having to go and come back or risk not getting on because it broke down.

How does a pm EMH help what happened last Sunday? BGs will still fill immediately upon opening in the am.

It will at least make sure that the early bird gets the worm, like on other days - but even though RotR is not included in EMH I thought they'd figure out a way to give some benefit to getting on RotR.

I think the reason BGs filled up fast last Sunday was because of three reasons:

1. Disney advertised that the park was open at 6. So instead of a few hundred lovable nutjobs camped out at the tapstyles you had all on-site guests who were willing to wake up for it.
2. The Boarding Groups opened five minutes before the general opening of the park, rather than 90 minutes prior as has been the norm. So you had all the normal park-goers in the pot as well.
3. Many of the regular park guests who were not technically "let into" the park until 7:20 had already cleared the tapstyles and been herded up Hollywood Blvd, so they were eligible for the BGs as soon as the VQ went up.

If there was an intended benefit (like I said last night in my other post, it looks like they were attempting to give EMH guests a 15 minute window), the crowd at the gate prompting a 7:20 open erased it.

So there is no point in turning up at 6am?

I would hesitate to say that turning up at 6 for Sunday now that there are no AM EMHs will have the same effect as turning up at 6 for a weekday. The park will open around 6:30, the BGs will fill up and the VQ will close by 8:30 (perhaps more like 8 if the Sunday trend continues). At least, I hope that's what that means.

I would hesitate to say that turning up at 6 for Sunday now that there are no AM EMHs will have the same effect as turning up at 6 for a weekday. The park will open around 6:30, the BGs will fill up and the VQ will close by 8:30 (perhaps more like 8 if the Sunday trend continues). At least, I hope that's what that means.
More likely opening before 6:30am since the park officially opens at 7am

More likely opening before 6:30am since the park officially opens at 7am
Yes, I'm seeing that now. That's devastating. There's zero chance of me getting on it now. I was planning on getting to the park for 6:50 at the earliest, but they had to go and pull the rug out from under me again.

Disney is setting a dangerous precedent here. They may never open HS on time again.

Well, now this lovable nut job will be doing the refresh dance for a SDD 8-9FP now that they've changed the remaining December Sunday EMH hours. Assuming they don't push the opening up again to 7am, would it be safe to arrive at the park at 6am on Dec 22nd?

Well the evening EMH makes our plans easier. We're at the Christmas party on the 22nd so the EMH is pointless now. We'll just try to get up early on the 24th and get a BG on our normal HS day. I wasn't looking forward to getting up early on the 22nd after a late night at AK the night before and the party that night. Too much for 24 hours.

I’m really not sure. I’m just basing this theory on information from this thread and others over the last week. It will probably be pretty klunky the first time they try evening EMH.

I'm driving down tmr after work and should be in Orlando around 6pm.. should I go over to the studios and try to get a BG and just ride other rides or sleep and get up early Friday and be there by 530/6am?

Anyone have reports on taking kids on that are just at the required 40" height with shoes on? I've read that Disney's height measurements seem to fluctuate slightly between rides. I'll prepare my kid for disappointment either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter