• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

RotR Planning & Daily Boarding Group Discussion - *CLOSED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm confused about the early openings and EMH. Someone on another site said resort guests were let in earlier than the general public, therefore having the advantage of staying on site. From everything I'm reading, everyone just gets in when the gates open. How could resort guests get in for EMH, with those giant lines forming outside. I thought everyone just got in when they open the gates, which looks like 6/6:30 most days. What am I missing?

I'm confused about the early openings and EMH. Someone on another site said resort guests were let in earlier than the general public, therefore having the advantage of staying on site. From everything I'm reading, everyone just gets in when the gates open. How could resort guests get in for EMH, with those giant lines forming outside. I thought everyone just got in when they open the gates, which looks like 6/6:30 most days. What am I missing?
You’re missing the fact that today’s NOT an EMH day.

It’s a regular day and anyone with a valid ticket can enter the park when it opens.

I am also reading the other board and that person is confused. EMH is only on Sundays. I think that person thinks they are every day and not just Sundays. I think they are thinking of the EEMH that Disney had this fall but those are over now.

On EMH days (Sundays), there are separate lines for on-site guests to line up in. The gates are marked accordingly. Hopefully, this answers your question.

I am also reading the other board and that person is confused. EMH is only on Sundays. I think that person thinks they are every day and not just Sundays. I think they are thinking of the EEMH that Disney had this fall but those are over now.
Is there an advantage for on site guests on emh day, even though you can’t ride on rotr in emh time I.e getting boarding passes first? I’m going in Jan, staying in csr & HS is on a Sunday for us.

When people enter DHS at 6am (on a day with posted hours at 8 or 9am), are there any DHS attractions not open yet?

I am so worried about our Christmas trip. Our only day to be able to do HS is Sunday, Dec. 29. So I will have to deal with EMH during the busiest time of year! We are staying onsite so we can take advantage of EMH but unless Disney changes the way they handle things, it’s going to be chaotic to say the least. I’m wondering what time to show up. Ugh!

I am so worried about our Christmas trip. Our only day to be able to do HS is Sunday, Dec. 29. So I will have to deal with EMH during the busiest time of year! We are staying onsite so we can take advantage of EMH but unless Disney changes the way they handle things, it’s going to be chaotic to say the least. I’m wondering what time to show up. Ugh!
If they don't fix the capacity and/or reliability of the attraction, it will be a gamble to know if you will even get to ride it. The upside is you'll know by 8am if you have a boarding group, and not have to waste your entire day to find out.

We got an Uber from All Star Sports and arrived at the park at 4:30. They opened security around 5:30. We were about 10 back from tapstiles- they opened right around 6:30. Hubby tried to use his phone to get BG but app was messing up. Used mine and it worked immediately - got BG 12. We rode Rockin Rollercoaster twice as a walk-on and our BG got called in the middle of the 2nd RR ride. We went ahead and rode ToT (also walk-on), then made our way to RotR. We were able to ride seamlessly and the line was moving well. It was worth getting up early for. It was amazing! 😁
We hung out in SWGE for awhile and rode Star Tours, and we are headed back to resort now for a nice long nap!

I was discussing with my family that may be we should try to go bag free on our DHS to increase our chances of getting a a BG. Do you think that matters or are the bag check lines going pretty quickly?

If they don't fix the capacity and/or reliability of the attraction, it will be a gamble to know if you will even get to ride it. The upside is you'll know by 8am if you have a boarding group, and not have to waste your entire day to find out.
IF I get a later boarding group and that number is too high to get called that day, is that when they would hand out fastpasses? Or are the fastpasses handed out for breakdowns only?

I was discussing with my family that may be we should try to go bag free on our DHS to increase our chances of getting a a BG. Do you think that matters or are the bag check lines going pretty quickly?
If you are there early, you'll clear bag check long before you are allowed to tap into the park.

On EMH days (Sundays), there are separate lines for on-site guests to line up in. The gates are marked accordingly. Hopefully, this answers your question.
Oh, thank you. When I'm going end of Jan. EMH are on a Thursday, only one morning. I was asking in general for EMH and I've never been to EMH in the morning so I had no idea about certain gates being marked. So just look for the gate that's marked that day, at the turn styles?

IF I get a later boarding group and that number is too high to get called that day, is that when they would hand out fastpasses? Or are the fastpasses handed out for breakdowns only?

So far if they have not gotten to a boarding group they have automatically added a FP and 1 Day PH ticket to the MDE account.

Word of advice: Never, ever trust what any CM tells you about bus timing. The front desk doesn’t know. Even if they act like they do, they don’t. Trust what you see on the ground or on the bus time displays (although even those can be inconclusive sometimes). Read up on other people’s experiences in order to get some frame of reference as to what you may encounter. Anything can happen with Disney transportation on any given Disney day. Leave early, have a backup plan in mind if possible (acknowledging some can’t given car seats, ECVs, and such).

Disney buses start rolling every day of the year around 6:30am and earlier when park hours dictate. First buses are often infrequent. We need more reports from resort guests to see if Disney is consistently putting buses out earlier with any reliability

In a perfect world Disney would make bus information transparent to guests and CMs, but it just doesn’t work that way and has been like that forever.

Long way of saying be aggressive and diligent with your plan, trust no one, have a back up if possible, and adjust quickly if needed. IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter