ROR for non-Star Wars fans?

KarenAylwood

<font color=red>It wouldn't be the holidays withou
We're a group of 4 adults and 2 kids. The kids will NOT be riding ROR. I doubt my 73 year old (grumpy) dad will either. For the three of us that would be willing to ride it- is it worth it for non-Star Wars people? When I say worth it- I mean worth either the ILL cost or an excessive wait time (let's be honest, I'll get ILL or not go most likely). We all LOVED Flight of Passage even though we had never seen Avatar. I can't see us going back anytime soon so if we're going to ride it, it'd be this trip (in May).

I think so! My boys all are fans, I am not necessarily, but I loved the ride. One part of the pre show is absolutely amazing to me! We paid for the LL. Worth every cent to not wait in the line (we went between Chauncey New Years).

No one in our family is a Star Wars fan. The adults have watched movies. The kids (teens) know who Darth Vader and storm troopers are. Basically we know enough. We all really liked the ride. It is very immersive. We rode is twice in January 2021 with VQ. We plan on buying ILL in June.

I think the ride is cool and probably worth doing once since it's so impressive. I don't know who any of the characters I'm seeing on the ride are and it's still enjoyable.

I don't think it's anywhere near Disney's most "fun" attraction, though, so if you're very sensitive to waits or paying I'd skip it.

I’m not a fan of Star Wars at all. I’ve seen bits and pieces of some of the movies but really don’t know much besides the basic characters. I paid for the ILL, and then did again later in the week. It’s a very interesting and fun experience. I think it’s more worth paying for than any of the other ILL (we didn’t pay for any others but rode 7d and remy).

Next time I go if it’s still pay or wait hours, I’d probably still pay to ride. Most likely only once next trip though.

I have never seen a single Star Wars film, TV show, etc. I absolutely love Rise!! And all of Galaxy’s Edge, for that matter. Part of what’s great about the Rise is the storytelling component and the mix of live CMs acting along with the animatronics. I think you can definitely appreciate the ride without knowing further back story. It won’t be this life-fulfilling moment like it is for some Star Wars diehards lol, but just think of it like a non-IP Disney ride (many of which are the most popular classics by now). I definitely think it’s worth doing at least once. I do find flight of passage still wins on repeatability for me, but I think that’s just because I love getting to fly through Pandora, not because I don’t care about Star Wars.

ROTR is a long attraction too (about 20 minutes from the time you enter). I think it’s worth it!

No one in my household is a fan, we enjoy it enough, but it doesn’t go beyond “oh yeah, I saw those movies once” kind of thing (my dad, on the other hand, die hard fan). We all really like the ride, I wouldn’t say it’s a favorite, but we all enjoy it. It ties together different ride element styles that are fun, has fun CM interaction, and is a pretty long ride with all the pre-show stuff so even if you wait at least it’s not done in 30 seconds like some rides. I would, personally, pay to ride it since I see no reason to wait in any line that long.

Not a Star Wars fan here. I'm familiar with some of it, although not the recent iterations. I love RotR, and the ILL is definitely worth it to me. It's a spectacular attraction, full of wonderful surprises and amazing effects. Try not to read spoilers before you go.

I had also not seen Avatar when I first rode FoP and I loved it anyway.

I am not a Star Wars fan and really enjoyed the ride - probably not to the same level as my Star Wars fanatic DH and DD, but I'm very glad I did it. We were fortunate in that the free virtual queue was still being used when we were there but if it was my first time I'd probably pay for the ILL once.

I’ve seen all the movies but not a crazy fan. It was … ok. It’s not really as “wow” of a ride as FoP. We did the ILL and that was worth it to ride it once but I would never wait in line or pay for it again. The coolest part is the interaction with the cast members.

I’m a diehard Star Wars fan and was almost moved to tears the first time I rode (the cocktails at Oga’s immediately before probably didn’t help!) but even my wife who had maybe seen half of one movie really enjoyed it and said it was the most impressive experience she had ever seen done at a park. She liked it and the rest of our time in Galaxy’s Edge enough to finally agree to watching the rest of the movies with me before we go back. I hate lines and given the length of the attraction I would say it’s definitely worth it to splurge and pay for at least once with ILL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter