Rope Drop is Tip #1!! A June 2016 TR...updated 10/31 pg 19 post 373 THE END!

great start - I'm with AJ one trip on 7DMT was too much for me - made me feel dizzier than the 10 hour flight by far.
Thank you! Yeh he said he didn't like the big drops. I'm hoping he changes his mind before next year, but we'll see.

Hello from Georgia :wave2: You know, Cosmic Rays has just never done it for us...... but that triple chocolate cake is my absolute favorite QS dessert! That stuff is SO good for a little QS dessert, isn't it?
Glad you got to see CtM, especially it sounds like maybe the next night didn't work out so well :(

Hello from Georgia :wave2: You know, Cosmic Rays has just never done it for us...... but that triple chocolate cake is my absolute favorite QS dessert! That stuff is SO good for a little QS dessert, isn't it?
Glad you got to see CtM, especially it sounds like maybe the next night didn't work out so well :(
I was wondering if you were here yet! I took a photo of the outside temperature posted in my car today just for you! But since you are here, you get to experience it for yourself!

Yes I was glad we got to see it with such a clear shot THAT night...

I was wondering if you were here yet! I took a photo of the outside temperature posted in my car today just for you! But since you are here, you get to experience it for yourself!

Yes I was glad we got to see it with such a clear shot THAT night...
Lmao! Yeah thanks, I got the feel first-hand! My sister didn't want to pay for parking so she met me outside the terminal. I got out there and texted her that if she didn't pull up in 3 minutes my a** was going back inside because 3 minutes was about all I could handle out there!!

Lmao! Yeah thanks, I got the feel first-hand! My sister didn't want to pay for parking so she met me outside the terminal. I got out there and texted her that if she didn't pull up in 3 minutes my a** was going back inside because 3 minutes was about all I could handle out there!!
Yes, I live here and I don't spend more than 3 minutes outside either!! ;)

I hope you are have a wonderful time, though.

Oh and I forgot to comment on the triple chocolate cake. It is sooo very yummy. You wouldn't think so but its really moist. I doubt I get more than 1 next trip though, with us not doing the dining plan. But we'll see cuz I do love me some dessert. I usually just have to wait to eat it later or get it as a snack some other part of the day, because I can never usually eat a full meal and dessert, too.

I'm so excited!! I had to come here to post. We have a new reservation!!
image.jpeg
I hated how empty MDE looked without a ressie.

Like I mentioned before, we are renting points from my coworker for a really good price. Her home resort is SSR so we are booked there for now. At 7 months out, she will put in to switch to WL.

Oh I am just so glad to see something in my MDE again!!

Last edited:
Finally all caught up! I understand that place where you want to be in the moment and enjoying this trip you spent so much time planning...but things are just NOT going the way you wanted. I'm glad you got to sneak away to enjoy a little alone time with AJ on the speedway. Surprisingly, that's something we've never done! Nate has put it on the MUST list for next time though!

That's good that you got to enjoy a little bit of Celebrate the Magic since the next night doesn't sound so promising. :(

PS - I LOVE your advance planning. It's NEVER too early to plan in my opinion! And I think having a more relaxed arrival day is a great plan for next time!

Finally all caught up! I understand that place where you want to be in the moment and enjoying this trip you spent so much time planning...but things are just NOT going the way you wanted. I'm glad you got to sneak away to enjoy a little alone time with AJ on the speedway. Surprisingly, that's something we've never done! Nate has put it on the MUST list for next time though!
Yes, the first few days were rough for me, but eventually I accepted the way things were going to go this trip and just added rope drops and people not questioning my plans so much as something to look forward to for next year!

That's good that you got to enjoy a little bit of Celebrate the Magic since the next night doesn't sound so promising. :(
Preview time...we did actually get to see (some of) it. But honestly the view was much better from Tomorrowland Terrace than the next night because we did not have time to grab a spot early (like I had planned!).

PS - I LOVE your advance planning. It's NEVER too early to plan in my opinion! And I think having a more relaxed arrival day is a great plan for next time!
Yes, the planning has kept my depression away! And I'm really excited for the relaxed arrival day plan!

I hated how empty MDE looked without a ressie.

Ahh, I know! We have a January trip booked, but we have like 5 other people traveling with us and none of them have MDE accounts yet. I tried to add the reservation number, but it wanted me to link everyone in our party, which was too much hassle when I knew they'd have to create accounts anyway.

Which reminds me - I should tell my husband to get them to do that - our dining reservation day is soon! But it's really sad to not have anything in my homepage :/

Glad your trip is all booked, and I hope you have good luck with Wilderness Lodge when the time comes!

Ahh, I know! We have a January trip booked, but we have like 5 other people traveling with us and none of them have MDE accounts yet. I tried to add the reservation number, but it wanted me to link everyone in our party, which was too much hassle when I knew they'd have to create accounts anyway.

Which reminds me - I should tell my husband to get them to do that - our dining reservation day is soon! But it's really sad to not have anything in my homepage :/

Glad your trip is all booked, and I hope you have good luck with Wilderness Lodge when the time comes!
It was so depressing and empty! I hope your hubby gets everyone in gear so you can add the ressie and, more importantly, get dining booked!

Yes, I live here and I don't spend more than 3 minutes outside either!! ;)

I hope you are have a wonderful time, though.

Oh and I forgot to comment on the triple chocolate cake. It is sooo very yummy. You wouldn't think so but its really moist. I doubt I get more than 1 next trip though, with us not doing the dining plan. But we'll see cuz I do love me some dessert. I usually just have to wait to eat it later or get it as a snack some other part of the day, because I can never usually eat a full meal and dessert, too.
I'm home with my nephew :) I did have a nice time despite the heat, thank you!
I completely understand not getting the dining plan as we stopped getting it, also. I LOVE dessert, but like you I often am too full to eat it right after a meal and prefer to have it later. So that really only works if you're not on the plan..........

Completely changing the subject I hate looking at my posts when I don't have a ticker! I tried feeling out Steve last week as far as a Spring Break trip next April but he isn't sure if he wants to :( That's fine, I just want to be able to either add another ticker before our Nov. trip or as soon as that one is over to avoid depression!

Of course, my coworker will have to wait until 7 months out to put that request in because her home resort is SSR, so it's obviously not guaranteed. In about a week or so, she can make the SSR ressie though! Which is quite exciting!
Im not trying to be a Debbie Downer but realistically the only resorts you will be able to book are SSR and OKW. (maybe AKV...maybe) BCV and WL and BWV are never going to available for that long. That many days in a row at the 7 month mark is kinda unheard of.

Im not trying to be a Debbie Downer but realistically the only resorts you will be able to book are SSR and OKW. (maybe AKV...maybe) BCV and WL and BWV are never going to available for that long. That many days in a row at the 7 month mark is kinda unheard of.
My coworker got BCV this past June at 7 months out. She's never had trouble getting what she wanted at 7 months out. And with the construction and them adding more DVC at WL, I'd be surprised if nothing was available. But I could be wrong. We'll see.

I'm home with my nephew :) I did have a nice time despite the heat, thank you!
Glad you survived and did not melt! :)
I completely understand not getting the dining plan as we stopped getting it, also. I LOVE dessert, but like you I often am too full to eat it right after a meal and prefer to have it later. So that really only works if you're not on the plan..........
I'm with you...dessert later, not right after the meal, I want room in my tummy to enjoy it!

Completely changing the subject I hate looking at my posts when I don't have a ticker! I tried feeling out Steve last week as far as a Spring Break trip next April but he isn't sure if he wants to :( That's fine, I just want to be able to either add another ticker before our Nov. trip or as soon as that one is over to avoid depression!
Yeh, we are supposed to skip WDW 2018 & 2019 and go back to the beach, to save money. But I am going to try to talk DH into a weekend trip for 2018 just so I won't be tickerless and ressie-less!

Ok, TR readers, I downloaded my Photopass photos that I need for the next few updates and resized all the photos. So look for another update tomorrow (Wed) night. I thought about just going ahead and posting about our CP breakfast tonight but it would end up taking awhile and I'm really trying to get out of the habit of staying up til 2am! Of course, it's almost 1 now and I'm just headed upstairs. I bet I don't put the iPad down until 2am...

Last edited:
Joining in! Your boys are precious! We were there two weeks after you, and I can understand your frustrations with things not going as planned. My in-laws joined us which was a total help, but it seemed like between my DH, DD, and FIL we were looking a bathroom every 30 min! Haha! Great report so far. Looking forward to hearing more!!!

My coworker got BCV this past June at 7 months out. She's never had trouble getting what she wanted at 7 months out. And with the construction and them adding more DVC at WL, I'd be surprised if nothing was available. But I could be wrong. We'll see.

Just want to chime in as a non-DVC owner but someone who has rented points lots of times :) Yes, it can be difficult to get what you want at the 7 month mark and generally SSR and OKW are the exceptions. However it isn't a definite NO as far as getting other resorts for 7 nights. Last Nov. we stayed at BWV for 8 nights on rented points and booked right after the 7 month mark. In January we did a split AKL/Poly and booked in Sept. so 5 months out. Of course we did 3 nights and 2 nights so that's easier. In 2012 we booked our DVC resort on rented points less than 7 months out for 7 nights also, again BWV.

This Nov. we're at the BCV and we did have a problem getting all 7 nights there at the 7 month mark and had to settle on 4 there and 3 elsewhere; however, at that 7 month mark besides SSR and OKW we could have gotten BWV again but didn't want to. It's also Thanksgiving week and I'm convinced beyond doubt that what is available at 7 months is influenced somewhat by time of year.

So Renee, I think it's a very good thing you have SSR set but do not give up on your first choice! There's also no point in worrying for the next however many months whether you'll get it or not, although I know that's easier said than done :P

Joining in! Your boys are precious! We were there two weeks after you, and I can understand your frustrations with things not going as planned. My in-laws joined us which was a total help, but it seemed like between my DH, DD, and FIL we were looking a bathroom every 30 min! Haha! Great report so far. Looking forward to hearing more!!!
Thank you for joining and thanks for the compliments on my boys!

Yes, I love my folks and they are very helpful, but my dad is just so set in his ways. It's his way or the highway!

Oh and my 4 year old is the one that has to constantly use the potty. I try to wait him out but we can never wait too long for fear he'll have an accident! So yes, constant potty breaks!!

Just want to chime in as a non-DVC owner but someone who has rented points lots of times :) Yes, it can be difficult to get what you want at the 7 month mark and generally SSR and OKW are the exceptions. However it isn't a definite NO as far as getting other resorts for 7 nights. Last Nov. we stayed at BWV for 8 nights on rented points and booked right after the 7 month mark. In January we did a split AKL/Poly and booked in Sept. so 5 months out. Of course we did 3 nights and 2 nights so that's easier. In 2012 we booked our DVC resort on rented points less than 7 months out for 7 nights also, again BWV.

This Nov. we're at the BCV and we did have a problem getting all 7 nights there at the 7 month mark and had to settle on 4 there and 3 elsewhere; however, at that 7 month mark besides SSR and OKW we could have gotten BWV again but didn't want to. It's also Thanksgiving week and I'm convinced beyond doubt that what is available at 7 months is influenced somewhat by time of year.

So Renee, I think it's a very good thing you have SSR set but do not give up on your first choice! There's also no point in worrying for the next however many months whether you'll get it or not, although I know that's easier said than done :P
Thanks for sharing your experience! I would think, being on the Dis, I would've heard by now if there was absolutely no way it would be available 7 months out.

Now my coworker says she sometimes has to wait list her desired resorts but they have always come through for her. I know it's not a sure thing, but I felt for sure it wasn't completely impossible.

I know my mom and I booked a 1 bedroom at VWL in Dec 2016 for our June 2016 trip and that was at a 35% VISA cc discount, so at least at that time, there was availability or else we wouldn't have been able to book it (one of our many resort ressies before we finally got SSR).

If I have to do a split stay, we'll work it out!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter