Rooms right off mid-ship elevators - Fantasy

connorlevismom

DIS Veteran
We are looking at switching our deck 5 aft rooms to more mid-ship and the only ones my agent has open are right off the mid-ship elevators. I am worried about noise issues with these rooms, can anyone let me know their experience? We are sailing for our first Disney Cruise on the Fantasy.

Thanks!

We are looking at switching our deck 5 aft rooms to more mid-ship and the only ones my agent has open are right off the mid-ship elevators. I am worried about noise issues with these rooms, can anyone let me know their experience? We are sailing for our first Disney Cruise on the Fantasy.

Thanks!
We've been in room directly off the elevator lobbies (not on the Fantasy yet) and it's really not any noisier than other rooms. At least that I've been aware of. I suppose it depends on how sensitive you are to noises.

It really depends on who your neighbors are. We had a terrible experience mid ship Fantasy. But I feel it was just one family that let their kids run and scream down the hall.

We were in 2038 on the Fantasy a few years back which was just behind the elevators and it wasn't any louder than other cabin we've been on before.

Mid-day, I imagine that that rooms near stairs are noisier, but at night after the Mid-Ship Detective Agency has been turned off and most people are in bed, it probably makes little difference.

On the new builds the elevators are the last thing to worry about regarding noise, if that was your inquiry.

As PP mentioned, which is rarely noted, the Mid Ship Detective Agency game has locales in a few elevator lobbies.

Where is that list? Does anyone know which lobbies are affected by MSDA?

I know a deck aft is affected. Forget which level. Maybe 7 or 8? ? ?

Post if you know

Last edited:
Deck 5 on the Fantasy (or Dream) have no rooms mid-ship (rooms by the mid-ship elevators are on decks 2 and 6 and above). We were near the forward elevators on deck 5 on the Dream last which we loved, as it is the deck with the younger kids clubs so no elevators or stairs for us often but a nice walk towards the rear of the ship.

As PP's have said, being by the elevators is not really that much noisier but you will have more traffic by ones door, so depending how sensitive one is to noise it may be an issue. A PP stated it perfectly in we've see a noisy neighbour (or family in an adjoining room) or one allowing kids to run or be noisy in the halls contributing more to noise in the room that being by the elevators.

We've had midship rooms by the elevators both cruises and have it yet again on our upcoming, directly in front of elevator section. Its during the day you will need to worry about but in the evening, unless you have kids running around without parents, there shouldnt be a problem.

We were in 2038 on the Fantasy a few years back which was just behind the elevators and it wasn't any louder than other cabin we've been on before.
To be fair there is less foot traffic on deck 2, vs like deck 6 where more people are likely to use it going up or down.

We have had cabins right off the elevator lobby on the Magic, not Fantasy but had no issues at all with noise. Was so very convenient!!!

We just stayed at Animal Kingdom Lodge recently and our room was so far down the hall that I dreaded walking to and from the lobby, especially after a long day in the park. Made me appreciate my nice close room off the elevator!!

MJ

Perfect - thanks so much! We made the switch to deck 8 mid-deck so hopefully we made a good choice. We have never been on a Disney cruise so we are trying to learn as much about the ship as we can.

Thanks!

The only "noise" we heard were the kids who were "let loose" ... running up and jumping down the stairs ... or through the hallways ...

Love the Fantasy :)

We frequently stay by one of the elevators and haven't noticed any excess noise. We prefer to be close to the elevators as it's much easier to get around (and it helps me to remember where I am).

We love mid ship. We think there is less movement in the ship. We haven't stayed on the 5 deck, but have been on the 6 & 7 deck. Enjoy your trip.

We prefer midship locations with convenient elevator and stairway access. We haved stayed in cat. 5 staterooms right off the midship elevator lobbies on the Magic (6560, 6060), Wonder (6560), and Fantasy (9560). No elevator noise issues in any of these. However, the stairway noise on the Fantasy on deck 9 was so bad last March on the Eastern Caribbean due to the young people traffic as they ran up and down the stairs that we have moved slightly aft (paying for a cat. 4 family size stateroom for just he two of us in the process) to be just a bit further from the elevators for our Western Caribbean on the Fantasy next month. To offset the higher cost of the stateroom category, we are moving down to deck 7.

The only real issues that weve had with mid ships is the elevators themselves. During certain times of the day, it can be a harder to get a midship elevator due to everyone else using them to get to the shows, dinner etc. I forget what the room was off hand, but we were within 2 or 4 cabins of the midship elevator lobby, and would walk to the forward or aft bank depending on what time of the day it was.

The only real issues that weve had with mid ships is the elevators themselves. During certain times of the day, it can be a harder to get a midship elevator due to everyone else using them to get to the shows, dinner etc. I forget what the room was off hand, but we were within 2 or 4 cabins of the midship elevator lobby, and would walk to the forward or aft bank depending on what time of the day it was.
We've noticed this too, but we almost always use the aft elevators to go to the two aft dining rooms and the forward elevators to go to the theater. I like being near the midship elevators since I walk the stairs whenever I'm heading up or down by myself. DW always uses the elevators, so when we're together, I ride along.

Just got off the fantasy. Had rooms 6566, 6564, and 6562. (Starboard midship, very close to elevator). NO noise problems from elevators, but my mo was in 6562 and reported hearing the movie theatre at night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter