Room Service w/dining plan

jjohnson

DIS Veteran
Has anyone heard or read any updates as to whether Disney is going to add this option to the plan?

jjohnson said:
Has anyone heard or read any updates as to whether Disney is going to add this option to the plan?

I don't even think the premium plan includes room service. I can't see Disney adding an option that would be that labor intensive.

I'd like to see Disney drop dessert from the CS meal in favor of a second snack but I doubt that will happen.

Deb mentioned it in her newletter a few months back. It said it would be for the Deluxe resorts and require 2 TS. I haven't read anything more since.

I spoke to a CM yesterday and then one last week, and the one yesterday said they would be bringing the ddp back, but free dining is over which I knew that. She had no ideas on the new ddp for 07. Now last week I called and talked to a really nice lady CM and she said that she did not want to outright state this but it was possible the price may drop a bit again she did not want to say that for sure. She did say she did not think prices would increase and if they did wouldnt be more than a couple of dollars. Again the CM yesterday said she had been working there since last sept and that none of them get told anything by disney they just HEAR things. :confused3 wish they would hurry with them though so we all would know the new changes.

Yes, thank you I do know its already on the Platinum plan but I remember reading in the monthly newsletter from allears that Disney may offer Deluxe resorts the option of using 2 TS credits for room service under the basic dining plan.

What all is in the plat plan exactly? Is it more for grand gatherings? We are coming for honeymoon and I keep hearing things on the plat, but if it's not more for the honeymooning couples then I rather bypass it. I also don't think Room service would be worth the use of 2 of my ts honestly since there seems to be so many good places to dine, but I could be wrong.jmo

:wave: Hi jjohnson, I remember reading that too, and was wondering if there was any further information on it.
Not that anyone asked, but in my opinion the use of 2 TS credits would be worth it just for the convenience! Besides, some of the items on the room service menus sound pretty darned good! I can picture hubby and I dining out on our patio, having a lovely dinner!

:thumbsup2 There is new information posted on allearsnet.com about room service meals now being on the dining plan. According to Deb, it will use 2 TS credits for an appetizer, entree, dessert and a non-alcoholic drink.

I would imagine it is only at the deluxe resorts, though the article doesn't specify which ones.

The news just came out, so I don't believe we should expect "updates" for a least a few days, if not a week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter