Room Requirements

fallonkendra

DIS Veteran
As of today, my fiance and I have been engaged for a week, but we already know we want a Disney wedding. We are leaning towards either Memories or Escape in January 2018, so we can't book either of those with Disney for another few months. I know there is a required stay at a Disney hotel in order to book one of the wedding packages - do these rooms need to be reserved directly through Disney? We rented DVC points for our last trip, and were planning on going that route again (and getting all of our guests to do the same). We will technically have a room reservation, it just won't be at full price or direct through Disney. Will this count?

I asked this question in the email I sent to DFTW, but all I got back was a generic "please contact us in a few months" response. I plan on submitting our request for points rental within the next few weeks, I don't want to risk waiting until I can book the wedding package.

Thank you Carrie!

Another question - it mentions in the Escape wedding brochure I received today "Group Theme Park Rates" - how much is that discount? We will be paying for the park tickets for a few of our guests, and we're trying to put together our budget.

It's pretty crummy: They just give you $25 off any park pass that you've added the Park Hopper option to.

I dunno—I started following Disney weddings in 2006, and that has been the discount as long as I've followed them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter