• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Room Organizations Tips?

PennyInPink

Mouseketeer
Since we are squeezing 6 people into a deluxe club level room, I think some organization might be needed! For example, when I look at the photos of the bathroom vanity, they sit a foot of so off the floor. What about a folding fabric type box (see below) for a person (or a couple's) toiletries that would slid right under neath? For shampoo, body wash, etc. Wonder how many inches high they should be?
Not a fan of over the door shoe holders for that, but it might be a way to go, too.
So what tips and tricks have you all picked up over the years when dealing with several people in the same room/suite?
Oh, and basically it's 3 couples, not like 6 totally individual people.

box.jpg

Yikes, that is going to be tight.

I use a cosmetic handle bag type of thing that has a large center and pockets all around. It holds all of our toiletries. I also have a small box that I keep my cosmetics in. I store mine on top of my suitcase, which is in the closet.

You could fit a few small folding organizers under the sink, but I cannot remember how large that area actually is.

I think that you may néed to use the shoe organizer if all of you use different shampoos, etc. It may be the most reasonable way to keep all that stuff together but out of the way. WE always just leave the shampoo and conditioner in the shower, but I have never shared with two more couples.

If you need to charge electronics you may want to bring a power strip. I think you can still use them in the rooms. There are not many outlets in any resort except the Grand, if I remember correctly.

My family likes to put our clothes away, and not live out of suitcases. If you do this, ask for additional hangers so you can share drawers and closet space. I then place a plastic bag in my suitcase. As I use clothes I put them in the bag in my suitcase so I have no dirty laundry hanging around.

We use every inch of storage space. Shoes go either on the floor in the closet if there is space, or on the shelf above the clothes bar. Clothes are hung and suitcases are stored upright in the closet. I cannot remember how the set up is in every resort, but one year I was able to store my suitcase under a sink at the Poly.

Have fun!

Since we are squeezing 6 people into a deluxe club level room, I think some organization might be needed! For example, when I look at the photos of the bathroom vanity, they sit a foot of so off the floor. What about a folding fabric type box (see below) for a person (or a couple's) toiletries that would slid right under neath? For shampoo, body wash, etc. Wonder how many inches high they should be?
Not a fan of over the door shoe holders for that, but it might be a way to go, too.
So what tips and tricks have you all picked up over the years when dealing with several people in the same room/suite?
Oh, and basically it's 3 couples, not like 6 totally individual people.

View attachment 205550
You might want to take a look at this thread. It has a lot of good suggestions for keeping your room organized.

Looking at this picture of the bathroom vanity, I don't know if you would be able to fit 3 collapsible bins (like the one you posted) under the sinks. Just gauging by the height of the tissue box, there's not a lot of clearance between the shelf and the front panel that hides the plumbing. You could remove the towels from the center opening, but then where would you put the extra towels that 6 people will certainly need? But, there's a decent shelf under the mirror that runs the length of the vanity. You could line up your toiletries on that shelf and have them out of the way, yet easily reached.
IMG_4957-940x1253.jpg

I see your point. There doesnt look like much space under neath. This is the photo I saw:wilderness lodge sink.jpg

This one looks higher! No telling which one we'd get.

DH and I both have toiletry bags that unzipper and hang from wherever. I usually hang them from the towel bars on either side, and it's nice to not have to unpack your toiletries. In your scenario, I think an over the door shoe holder would be ideal. The fabric boxes like the one in the photo would take up some space and also add some weight to your suitcase, which could be a concern if you're flying. The shoe holder would be more lightweight.

Last edited:
We used smaller versions of those boxes for each member of the family. We put them on the dresser to hold change, and other misc items that tend to junk up the place. Not sure if the bigger ones would fit under the sink, but they definitely are not going to take up more space in the suitcase than the shoe organizer. They fold up flat.

they definitely are not going to take up more space in the suitcase than the shoe organizer. They fold up flat.

They might not take up more space, but I do believe they'd be heavier. Might not be significant for a cube smaller than the one OP posted, but any of the cubes like that I've seen at Target or Walmart are made up of a cardboard to make them sturdy so they stand. A shoe holder from somewhere like the Dollar Tree is made of a flimsy plastic that has barely any weight. This is a moot point if OP is driving, though, since weight wouldn't matter in that case.

They might not take up more space, but I do believe they'd be heavier. Might not be significant for a cube smaller than the one OP posted, but any of the cubes like that I've seen at Target or Walmart are made up of a cardboard to make them sturdy so they stand. A shoe holder from somewhere like the Dollar Tree is made of a flimsy plastic that has barely any weight. This is a moot point if OP is driving, though, since weight wouldn't matter in that case.
I brought both last time...I still don't think they are very heavy. If you find the right kind (like at Dollar General), it's not substantial cardboard and the fabric is really lightweight...not a canvas...That said, perhaps our shoe holder was more substantial.

ETA: Not trying to be argumentative. Just our experience. YMMV.

I brought both last time...I still don't think they are very heavy. If you find the right kind (like at Dollar General), it's not substantial cardboard and the fabric is really lightweight...not a canvas...That said, perhaps our shoe holder was more substantial.

ETA: Not trying to be argumentative. Just our experience. YMMV.

There are a lot of variables for sure. Just pointing out a thought for the OP to consider. I know for us, every ounce matters in the suitcase - we usually call it close!

As far as clothing goes, I tend to hang a lot (all my tops, dresses, sweaters, pants). I used to call housekeeping for extras, but they're wooden, so can't fit quite as many in the closet. I now bring thin metal ones leftover from the dry cleaners (I always have plenty, from my DH's shirts). They take up very little space both in my suitcase and in the closet - I can hang a lot more things closer together. I just leave them when we check out.

I use packing cubes for the other clothes, so they just go in a drawer.

For toiletries for so many folks, I agree you'll want something to keep it all off the counter and cluttering it up. Some sort of a hanging organizer would be good I think!

Also pack some patience! Sharing one bathroom with so many adults will mean you'll need to agree on showering and such. And, maybe pack a little bottle of air freshener for the toilet area...

For our last trip I bought some collapsible hanging sweater storage items and filled them with my boys clothes, then I put them in my suitcase (already filled), and then pulled them out of the suitcase and hung them up in the hotel room! 467.JPG 468.JPG

We have a couple of hanging handbag holders that are similar to these. A complete outfit can be rolled to fit in each opening.

http://bdesignr.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/closet-organizer-purse-rack.jpg

We unroll outfits the night before so the wrinkles have a little time to flatten out. Not perfect for people who need to press their t-shirts but it's worked wonderfully for us. We also use over the door hooks as much as the room will allow.

As far as clothing goes, I tend to hang a lot (all my tops, dresses, sweaters, pants). I used to call housekeeping for extras, but they're wooden, so can't fit quite as many in the closet. I now bring thin metal ones leftover from the dry cleaners (I always have plenty, from my DH's shirts). They take up very little space both in my suitcase and in the closet - I can hang a lot more things closer together. I just leave them when we check out.

I use packing cubes for the other clothes, so they just go in a drawer.

For toiletries for so many folks, I agree you'll want something to keep it all off the counter and cluttering it up. Some sort of a hanging organizer would be good I think!

Also pack some patience! Sharing one bathroom with so many adults will mean you'll need to agree on showering and such. And, maybe pack a little bottle of air freshener for the toilet area...

I started packing the wire hangers too. They weigh nothing and take very little space.

I agree with the pack you patience. My family us used to traveling together and we will often have 9 people in two rooms. We are very comfortable as a family but we also tend to take time alone outside of the room. I like to read outdoors and my DH will find a hammock or a lawn chair and kick back.

We do that too - try to get alone time. We will be sharing a one bedroom villa at the Marriott Ko Olina for over two weeks (all four of us) after just DD and I spend the prior two weeks in a studio. I plan on coffee on the balcony (I wake early often), or wine in the afternoon there. Having a small outdoor space is wonderful!

We use packing cubes (soft sided fabric zipper bags). There are many different brands. We get everyone a different color, and you must live out of them. Only take out what you are using. Put back what you are not using. They don't increase storage, but they decrease clutter - which is a huge part of the problem. Also - you can pile them up in a corner. They are also great for being in the car. Everyone gets a small one to fill and that's what you have out in the car.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter