Room Decoration Rules and Restrictions?

Julia33

Earning My Ears
Hey all,

I hope this is the appropriate board to post on, this is my first time posting!

I am going to WDW for my FIRST TIME EVER in about 2 weeks!
Im a regular at the Land but have never been to the World. I am beyond excited!!

Im staying at pop century and saw that in the past, people have decorated their rooms an windows. This sounds like a really fun tradition. I couldn't really find anything current about people decorating though, and I have a few questions.

1) Is it still common to decorate your window? Is this still allowed?
2) I read some people saying you will get in trouble with hotel management for decorations and they will remove them/ask you to take them down. Has this happened to anyone?
3) Are there any restrictions/rules for the decor? besides the obvious of nothing that will leave damage or a mess. Are window markers ok? Paper cutouts with tape?
4) Would a removable vinyl wall decal on the inside wall be ok?

Thanks for your help and advice! :D

We've used the decals before and they were fine (at the Boardwalk for Christmas - got them at the dollar store).

I would not use a window marker.

At Pop, I've mostly seen folks line up their Disney toys in the window sill. This was in August. I"m sure during a holiday time period, more folks do so. Mostly I saw on the window itself suction cups used. Don't use tape.

No tape may be used! I wouldn't mark up the windows. Nothing should be put on the walls..too big a damage possibility! If you put magnets on your door, you run the risk of having them taken.
Vinyl clings are the best idea for windows. Other than those, stuff makes the windows and walls a mess and many housekeepers don't spend enough time getting things clean. Which means windows don't look nice for the next guest.

I've used vinyl clings and put stuffed animals on the window ledge. I've seen people use battery operated lights in the window, it looked to me like they may have been hung with command strips, but I don't know for sure, and I've never used those.

Thanks for the advice! Ill stick with suction cups for the windows.

And I had found a cute roommates decal that i wanted to put between the beds on the wall, I used them in many a college dorm room with no damage at all, but ill play it safe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter