Rookie Candlelight Processional Questions

sbrost13

Mouseketeer
We've got a Candlelight Processional dining package booked for Christmas Eve. Our dinner is at 5:15pm and we will attend the 8:15pm show. Apologies if my questions are kinda obvious but we’ve never been at Christmas time.

Our narrator is Edward James Almos so wondering what time should we get in line? We don’t need to be super close but definitely don’t want to be in the back.

I would never do this for a ride but in the dining package line, can one person hang in line while the other 3 members of my family explore some countries in the World Showcase?

Is it okay to bring drinks and snacks into the amphitheater?

Thanks in advance for any help!

We've got a Candlelight Processional dining package booked for Christmas Eve. Our dinner is at 5:15pm and we will attend the 8:15pm show. Apologies if my questions are kinda obvious but we’ve never been at Christmas time.

Our narrator is Edward James Almos so wondering

1. what time should we get in line? We don’t need to be super close but definitely don’t want to be in the back.

2. I would never do this for a ride but in the dining package line, can one person hang in line while the other 3 members of my family explore some countries in the World Showcase?

3. Is it okay to bring drinks and snacks into the amphitheater?

Thanks in advance for any help!

1. 45-55 min. before show time.
2. That area is so packed that wouldn't be practical.
3. Maybe. It's generally an "outdoor" theater, and they allow snacks, etc. outdoors.
But, the CP is kind of a special case and half the seating is "under a roof."
They may restrict snacks in this case.
The CMs will let you know.

1. 45-55 min. before show time.
2. That area is so packed that wouldn't be practical.
3. Maybe. It's generally an "outdoor" theater, and they allow snacks, etc. outdoors.
But, the CP is kind of a special case and half the seating is "under a roof."
They may restrict snacks in this case.
The CMs will let you know.

Thanks for the quick response Robo!

For the 8:15 Helen Hunt show this past Saturday, I got in the standby line about 45 minutes before the show. My 2 kids joined me after about 15 minutes, so they were in line about 30 minutes before the show. My wife waited until we were seated (she has a bad ankle and cannot stand for extended periods of time), and right before the show I was able to walk back to the rope attendant and let them know she was with me. They would have not let her in unless I vouched for her.

I had no problems with this approach, but I made sure the kids were with me before we were seated. I did not mind saving one seat, but would have considered it bad form to try and save 3, especially for able-bodied teenagers that can wait in line just as well as everyone else.

While in the line waiting to be seated, I witnessed several people jump in and out of line for various reasons (get food/drink, restroom, etc,). As long as the majority of your party waits, I don't think it's that big of a deal if someone joins you once seating begins.

On just about any other night, you'd probably be okay with one or two waiting while others wander, but on Christmas Eve, I wouldn't do it. It will be very busy and very crowded. Plan some kind of game to play while you wait.

Edward James Olmos is one of the best narrators so you will have a great time. As others have mentioned, you will want to be in line roughly 45-60 minutes before showtime. You may not want a super close seat, but the first part of the seating is covered, so if it may rain, the earlier you could get in line the better so you can get a front row seat. We have usually had a front row seat. My dad has a bad hip, so if you get there early enough, you can sit on the benches that are typically there between the US and Japan pavilion.

On just about any other night, you'd probably be okay with one or two waiting while others wander, but on Christmas Eve, I wouldn't do it. It will be very busy and very crowded. Plan some kind of game to play while you wait.

I agree that on most nights you will see people hopping in and out of line, and no one blinks an eye, however Christmas Eve is not going to be that easy, IMO. I would corral my family and get in line at least 45 to 50 minutes in advance and just deal with the wait.

We go every year on Christmas Eve. The only real hoping in and out of line we may do is to go to the restroom. Or we wait until we get seats and then get the "password" to get back in and everyonet goes to the restroom one at a time. I have kids ... the bathroom is an ordeal lol. But they are getting older now, so not as bad as it was when they were 3-4 years old. As long as you are sitting (especially under the covered part) there really isn't any necessarily horrible spot IMO. Sometimes you think the front row is the best, but in this instance it really isn't because you get a great view of the poinsettia's on the front of the stage but it is harder to see the narrator. I think we normally line up somewhere in the 30-60 minutes before interval.

How long before the show start time do they let people with dining packages into the seats?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter