Roof Top Lounge @ Bay Lake Towers

jrp115

Earning My Ears
If I rent DVC points from DVC member can I use the roof top lounge at bay lake towers to watch fireworks....

Actual no you can not. We are DVC members and they will ask for your DVC membership card. You can not just use the room key that says DVC, my daughter tried and her up. We had to meet them with our actual card.

We went this past October - we were renting points - and we were allowed up there every time without question. Maybe it varies? It was great, DS7 absolutely loved it. We ordered some appetizers and drinks and had a fun time

We went this past October - we were renting points - and we were allowed up there every time without question. Maybe it varies? It was great, DS7 absolutely loved it. We ordered some appetizers and drinks and had a fun time

You got very lucky. It is reserved for members only, renting points does not qualify as membership.It is a perk reserved for member paying annual dues, and not for the people they charge ? profit from. This the reason it requires your membership card not a KTTW.

We can also confirm that you will need a DVC membership card to gain access.

Also of note, Key to the World cards are quickly being phased out anyway.
Edit: No KTTW cards will be issued as of tomorrow, Jan 16th http://www.easywdw.com/news/all-disney-world-resorts-going-magicband-only-by-end-of-january/

This is inside the lounge. There is a very large terrace outside.
DSC_1162-L.jpg

We just had some friends return from Disney who rented points and they said they had no problem accessing lounge...I will keep fingers crossed my 8 year old would love to see the fireworks up there!!!

We rented points and had no problem with getting in as well. We were actually surprised how it easy it was.

Well , I am glad everyone is sharing that they got over on Disney. Being an owner I hope they fix this fact soon :) The addition of Magic Bands will be great to have, hopefully getting rid of the people who think it is great that they get away with something that they have not paid for...renting is not owning.

I'm late to reply to this, but I respectfully disagree. Renters are usually afforded every amenity of a home, rental property or resort. And, let's be honest, as a DVC timeshare owner, you do not own any individual unit. You own a share of time and access to certain properties. Isn't there room enough at the Top of the World for all of us who've paid exorbitant amounts to vacation in Disney luxury??

We just had some friends return from Disney who rented points and they said they had no problem accessing lounge...I will keep fingers crossed my 8 year old would love to see the fireworks up there!!!

We rented points and had no problem with getting in as well. We were actually surprised how it easy it was.

I rented points and it was made quite clear to me by both the owner and I read it elsewhere as well (possibly on the DIS but I don't recall) that you have to be an owner to access the lounge. Nonetheless, we have a heavy itinerary planned for the time during our stay there so we won't have time, but I was left under no illusion that it is members only and renters don't qualify. If my info is incorrect, I apologize.

ETA: Correction, I hadn't read it. I just remembered a friend of mine who's home resort is BLT pointed it out when I said I was thinking of renting in case it was a deal breaker, which obviously it wasn't.

A renter does not have the same privileges as an owner. It truly depends on the cast member working the podium, but as a renter, you are not entitled to admission to Top of the World. From the DVC owner's website:

"This perk is available exclusively to Members and those in their traveling party who are staying on that Member's reservation. At least one Member in the traveling party must accompany the group and present his or her current Key to the World card displaying a Disney Vacation Club Membership notation in order to gain admission to the lounge and observation deck. If the Member's Key to the World card doesn't display a Membership notation, a Disney Vacation Club Member ID is required in addition to the Key to the World card to verify Membership."

That being said, the view from California Grill or the 4th floor Observation deck of the contemporary or the bridge connecting BLT and the Contemporary is much better. It is very obvious from top of the world that the fireworks are not shot off behind the castle....

From the official Disney Vacation Club website:
http://disneyvacationclub.disney.go.com/destinations/resorts/bay-lake-tower/
http://disneyvacationclub.disney.go.com/destinations/resorts/bay-lake-tower/ said:
"Located on the 16th floor of the Tower, this private lounge is accessible to Disney Vacation Club Members staying at the Resort. Light food, cocktails and other beverages are available. Access restrictions apply. Availability is limited and not part of the timeshare plan."

Let's be factual here. A DVC member paying for a contract and maintenance fees, with a deed in the state of Florida, will have more perks than a one time renter. The lounge is very popular hence, the restrictions for access.

However, on slower nights cast members have been known to be more lenient on access.

I think it was easier for us because we rent from my good friend and we've been there with them several times and met many of the cast members and they remember us. But I understand where the owners are coming from. If we ever were denied access, we would just stroll over to California Grill for drinks and apps. We usually never have a problem going there for drinks and apps and sitting at or by the lounge area.

Well , I am glad everyone is sharing that they got over on Disney. Being an owner I hope they fix this fact soon :) The addition of Magic Bands will be great to have, hopefully getting rid of the people who think it is great that they get away with something that they have not paid for...renting is not owning.

If anything, Magic Bands will make it easier for renters to visit the lounge because if the band is scanned, it will show the person is staying at whatever resort on DVC points.

We are DVC members. If we bring along 2 family members that aren't DVC members or staying at a DVC resort can they still come in with us?

We are DVC members. If we bring along 2 family members that aren't DVC members or staying at a DVC resort can they still come in with us?

They aren't supposed to be able to but I highly doubt you will have a problem.

I'm late to reply to this, but I respectfully disagree. Renters are usually afforded every amenity of a home, rental property or resort. And, let's be honest, as a DVC timeshare owner, you do not own any individual unit. You own a share of time and access to certain properties. Isn't there room enough at the Top of the World for all of us who've paid exorbitant amounts to vacation in Disney luxury??

Actually, my deed shows what percentage of a specific unit we own. Not a share of time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter