ROFR Thread July to Sept 2022 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
They do not really care about customer satisfaction on resale..... there is no additional money to be made for them..... The customer satisfaction comes with direct. LOL
I don't know if this has been addressed, forgive me if it has, but I thought Disney only had 30 days to match. Why, at day 31, does the sale not go straight through

Last edited:
They do not really care about customer satisfaction on resale..... there is no additional money to be made for them..... The customer satisfaction comes with direct. LOL
Yep! They don’t promote resale and don’t care if you wait forever.

I'm not sure who I can and can't name as far as brokers go, but I will say the broker you use makes all the difference in the world. I would pay more for a contract through my most recent company rather than go through a couple others I tried with in the past year.
I've gone through resale 3 different times, with a different broker each time. Haven't had any problems with any of the brokers (can't say the same about the closing/title companies however). I'll still hunt for the ideal contract/price, regardless of who has the listing.

I don't know if this has been addressed, forgive me if it has, but I thought Disney only had 30 days to match. Why, at day 31, does the sale not go straight through

To add to what has been posted…that you must give Disney at least 30 days to decide on RoFR, and then must issue estoppel, no title company will proceed without both of those documents.

They have currently been sending both ROFR and estoppel at the same time, but at one time, they were don’t as two transactions.

My 50 pt OKW contract was sent to ROFR 7/14/22 and received response from Disney today 8/29/22. Perhaps others have seen this type of delay but i have not and it is eye opening.

Last edited:

My 50 pt OKW contract was sent to ROFR 7/14/22 and received response from Disney today 8/29/22. Perhaps others have seen this type of delay but i have not and it is eye opening.
Someone else posted this morning that had a similar timeline on their OKW contract.

Yep agree. I'd only buy direct if you were in a weird spot and an extra 25/50 points would help a lot. Those smaller contracts seem to go for a premium of 290+ a point and are rare on the market.
We bought three VGC 50 point contracts direct a few months ago. We had originally purchased our direct points at Saratoga, but since we are a West Coast family that home court advantage is a bit useless. We'll eventually sell our Saratoga points, and retain our direct benefits. DVC has never been a "save money" plan for us... it's the memories, the location, and making VGC "affordable".

We bought three VGC 50 point contracts direct a few months ago. We had originally purchased our direct points at Saratoga, but since we are a West Coast family that home court advantage is a bit useless. We'll eventually sell our Saratoga points, and retain our direct benefits. DVC has never been a "save money" plan for us... it's the memories, the location, and making VGC "affordable".

Nothing wrong with that. I've done some analysis and I have no issues saying VGC is worth it in the long run. I have even read some say that it could go for 400 a point and still be worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter