ROFR Thread January to March 2024 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.

seeing all the lowball offers get accepted, I feel like I just got a normal / mediocre deal. Either way, it was the resort we wanted, the UY we wanted, and the number of points we wanted
If you feel you got a great deal, then you did…period

Our key element is buying where We love to stay. That currently covers three resorts. Not the sorts to settle for much of anything.

When I read people post they have no intention on staying studio at the cheap point resales they bought, I silently wish them luck.

Way too much hassle for us to try ti bank on 7 month availability YMMV

I use Adguard on Mac. pretty sure they also have a IOS app
Adblock & Norton good on both Apple products and our desktop

I have no idea how anyone could predict that.
I have some ideas how we could predict pricing trends (e.g. I don't know what's suddenly causing people wanting to pay more with so many contracts on the market; on the other hand, depending on the next round of incentives-- if they are aggressive it's going to put pressure on properties across the board... for example (and I don't think this extreme will happen) if PVB or RIV direct go to $175, it's going to be hard for people to stomach buying even PVB, VGF, and BCV at $150 (maaaaaaybe if they are loaded?), and then if VGF and BCV and PVB slide to $130s, then the next tier which I'm going to say is CCV, BLT, BWV start trending to the teens (or lower), etc.).... but looking at current pricing incentives (meh!), I would be surprised if PVB, RIV, or DLH are going much under $200 anytime soon. Still hoping for the $180s AFTER MB, but I think it's a stretch unless they really need to pay down debt.

Historically, does there seem to be a better time of year for resale prices? After we got our points last March...I really stopped looking until recently so I have no clue what the trends usually are.

Historically, does there seem to be a better time of year for resale prices? After we got our points last March...I really stopped looking until recently so I have no clue what the trends usually are.
I believe the supply increases when the dues bill goes out and that puts pressure on prices and then as the supply goes off the market and people go on vacation the prices tend to go up.

But there are so many other factors:

1) Economy (job security)
2) Interest Rates/ Markets (wealth effect)
3) Disney direct incentives

etc.

Yes, those are definitely some of the most important factors. If the Fed does go through with at least three rate cuts over the course of the year, that would likely cause demand and prices to rise all else being equal. But, it is impossible to predict the future and the usual "all else being equal" caveat is a huge one, as all else will almost certainly not be equal. The purchase decision for DVC is an emotional as well as an economic choice, with myriad factors contributing to whether or not one sees the decision to sell their contract or to buy a new one as a good choice. Not that something like it happens every day, but COVID in 2020 was hugely impactful to all of those factors and up until the late fall of 2019 was not even a thought in most people's minds as a possibility. So, in short, we can always speculate, but nobody really knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter