• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ROFR Thread January to March 2021 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes they left what any other broker would have marked as sold on the site as pending for a very long time. I always assued that it was to make it look like they had more listing compared to other brokers than they have.

They have been getting a lot less new listings since they stopped being the recommended reseller by DVC. As of now I have only been able to track 2 new contracts on the site in January.
www.FidelityResales.com does continue to get new contracts uploaded on a fairly regular basis. There were 8 new contracts posted today alone (though the 50 point Boardwalk SEP UY disappeared so fast! I was tempted to put an offer in for that. Thank you to whomever saved me from myself!). Their new website may stink in sorting, but if you visit regularly, the newly posted contracts are the ones that appear first. The paperclip symbol indicates how long ago the contract was listed.

www.FidelityResales.com does continue to get new contracts uploaded on a fairly regular basis. There were 8 new contracts posted today alone (though the 50 point Boardwalk SEP UY disappeared so fast! I was tempted to put an offer in for that. Thank you to whomever saved me from myself!). Their new website may stink in sorting, but if you visit regularly, the newly posted contracts are the ones that appear first. The paperclip symbol indicates how long ago the contract was listed.
I like the website much better for this reason. I like being able to see the new listings :)

Unfortunately it appears that these times /dates are not accurate. Fidelity has always numbered their listings, both DVC and others as a group sequentially as of the end of December the last 4 were at 8916

Found out today I passed ROFR, feel like I got lucky with this one considering how loaded it is and no additional maintenance fees...

moth72484---$98-$15255-150-SSR-Jun-150/20, 300/21, 150/22- sent 1/7, passed 1/20
Now is the time to send SSR through.

Update! So my title company reached out to me two days ago and said that the agent sent in the ALL the necessary paperwork to Disney for ROFR on Tuesday. The contract was signed on November 20. Apparently Fidelity has a problem with properly sending paperwork despite charging a $195 admin fee. My contract says I can get my deposit back after 75 from the day of the signed contract. That is coming up in less than two weeks. So if Disney takes their time looking at this ROFR request it’ll put me past that 75 day mark. I told the broker, since my agent won’t respond to my emails or phone calls, that I will be walking away on 76th day with my deposit. Safe to say this has been a sucky process.

Update! So my title company reached out to me two days ago and said that the agent sent in the ALL the necessary paperwork to Disney for ROFR on Tuesday. The contract was signed on November 20. Apparently Fidelity has a problem with properly sending paperwork despite charging a $195 admin fee. My contract says I can get my deposit back after 75 from the day of the signed contract. That is coming up in less than two weeks. So if Disney takes their time looking at this ROFR request it’ll put me past that 75 day mark. I told the broker, since my agent won’t respond to my emails or phone calls, that I will be walking away on 76th day with my deposit. Safe to say this has been a sucky process.
So sorry you are going through this, they really dropped the ball! Buying DVC resale is an exciting process, especially when you make it through ROFR with a great deal, for them to miss sending it is not excusable. That agent should be fired, especially since they won’t even communicate with you.

So sorry you are going through this, they really dropped the ball! Buying DVC resale is an exciting process, especially when you make it through ROFR with a great deal, for them to miss sending it is not excusable. That agent should be fired, especially since they won’t even communicate with you.
Mistakes happen. They are human. Sucks when it’s you but that’s reality.

Luckily they are understanding that if things don’t happen before the 75th day I’m walking away. Now if they hold my deposit hostage after that then I would make a huge issue out of it. IE calling the Florida real estate commission.

I agree that mistakes happen, but as their agent they should own up to the mistake and communicate that to the buyer. They have chosen to go silent which is where I have a problem. I work in a customer oriented job and it’s how you get in front of a problem and correct a mistake is what’s most important and more memorable for a customer. If the broker said I’m sorry that this happened and we are going to refund your admin fee without having to ask it’s much more effective. That’s how Disney has made its name in the customer service.

I am in process on my second contract with Fidelity right now. Based on feedback from this board I selected my own closing attorney both times which I think helped a lot. They are still awful on communication, but I find if I bug them enough to verify things are moving along they do get it done. The prices for Fidelity contracts are typically lower, I am assuming because they have lower fees for the seller. The $195 admin fee stinks but is more than made up by the lower cost per point.

Found out today I passed ROFR, feel like I got lucky with this one considering how loaded it is and no additional maintenance fees...

moth72484---$98-$15255-150-SSR-Jun-150/20, 300/21, 150/22- sent 1/7, passed 1/20

Very nice! Gives me confidence mine is going to pass with flying colors. I hope you get your points loaded quickly so you can use those banked '19 points before they expire.

Did anyone else have odd issues with http://www.fidelityresales.com/ ? I am in the process of completing an offer on our first DVC contract and I've received the wrong purchase price (much less then it should be) twice. I've had to send it back to them to correct. There's no point for me to sign it since the seller would never sign for that amount. This makes me a bit hesitant to work with a company that is have issue with the most basic procedures. Should I be concerned?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter