• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ROFR Thread January to March 2018 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
@ScubaCat is far far more qualified than me to speak on this, but I've read in several places DVC likes to see buyers pay current year MFs as a gauge of your willingness/commitment to pay annual MFs. It obviously causes them a lot of work when a member doesn't pay them. I'm not saying it's determinative but I've read it's a factor when DVC is deciding on ROFR.

There were only 8 pts left for 2018 and we were paying MF’s for those 8 pts. The seller was covering the MF’s for the 192 pts that they used from the 2018 UY (which is standard per our experience in purchasing DVC resales).

We also own a little over 1000 DVC pts at 4 different resorts and pay our MF’s in full and early every year. If DVC actually looks that closely (which I don’t think they do), they would have no doubt about “allowing” us to buy.

Last edited:
There were only 8 pts left for 2018 and we were paying MF’s for those 8 pts. The seller was covering the MF’s for the 192 pts that they used from the 2018 UY (which is standard per our experience in purchasing DVC resales).

We also own a little over 1000 DVC pts at 4 different resorts and pay our MF’s in full and early every year. If DVC actually looks that closely (which I don’t think they do), they would have no doubt about “allowing” us to buy.

Ah gotcha. It dawned on me after I wrote that that I didn't pay current year MFs on 2 of my 3 contracts that I bought resale. It's a head scratcher.

We cleared!!

Vigile---$132-$40595-300-BLT-Jun-262/17, 300/18, 300/19- sent 3/2, passed 3/26

Great news! Welcome home!:thumbsup2
disneylovinfamilyof6---$137-$27644-200-VGF-Jun-0/17, 8/18, 200/19-Seller pay CC & 18MF- sent 3/2, taken 3/30

:sad: So disappointed. This is the 2nd contract we’ve had taken in 2018. Ugh!!!! I stupidly thought that this one had a decent shot since it was essentially stripped.

I was surprised to see it taken too! Keep trying!

disneylovinfamilyof6---$137-$27644-200-VGF-Jun-0/17, 8/18, 200/19-Seller pay CC & 18MF- sent 3/2, taken 3/30

:sad: So disappointed. This is the 2nd contract we’ve had taken in 2018. Ugh!!!! I stupidly thought that this one had a decent shot since it was essentially stripped.

Wow! They don’t buy back a lot of VGF. I’m sorry to see this, and best of luck on your next one.

It's got nothing to do with that. If you pay the dues, you get to keep the membership and use the points. If not, the haunted mansion ghosts auction them off to DVD execs for a fraction of their value at 3am in a secret chamber below the crystal ball lady which they then re-sell at full price.

There's nothing special about any of these contracts from a value standpoint. It's just a simple calculation. Sometimes when people buy a house, they ask for "closing credit". There's no effective difference between that and simply reducing the price of the house other than the MLS shows it sold for a slightly higher price. Same thing here. If "seller pays closing", that's just deducted from the overall value. They sell one-time use points for $17 each, so just for the heck of it, assume each point is worth $17 to DVD. If they're already used in the current UY of a contract being considered, they just deduct that from the bottom line price. There's really no magic to it, contrary to all the fairy dust floating around. The only real consideration for DVD, other than price, is the unit # because that affects how they can be resold, but even that's only part of the calculation.

I’m sorry... a little surprised Disney would wait that long for points, but that is a pretty cheap price. So disappointing though

Sorry. It is nearly $100 less than direct, though, so I guess it's not terribly surprising. Especially with the seller covering closing costs, that's really a steal vs. $235pp direct.

I believe VGF is $220pp. VGC is the only one that is $235pp to my knowledge. Still highway robbery though!

Maybe you were dreaming of a trip to California! ;)

Yeah, a one-way trip. I've had that dream for at least a decade now. :)

We go once a year, but I find the disney hotels to be grotesquely overpriced at DL, considering you can get a very nice off property hotel for a LOT less literally a few minutes walk away. Then again, people pay it so it is what it is!

Disney took ours too.
Exactly the same everything including day submitted and day taken.
So sorry to hear that they took it. What a bummer! Now I'm super nervous about ours, which is also at $95 per point. I have this terrible feeling that they might take it on my Birthday tomorrow! :sad1:

One of my resale had 93 of the 370 points for 2018. The seller paid MF and it passed in 9 days so not sure if it's something DVC looks at for ROFR. But no one really knows.

Disney took ours too.
Exactly the same everything including day submitted and day taken.

Sorry to hear yours was taken too.

I await nervously on my 200 AKV contract now, submitted 10 days later than yours and unicorns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter