ROFR Thread January - March 2017 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you get the email from Disney how is it displayed on the Sender section, to ensure it doesn't go to spam or junk folder.

Just got the email, we passed! Literally no logic to this but I'm one extremely happy camper!!

Sean91---$74-$12290-160-SSR-Feb-0/16, 0/17, 102/18- sent 2/10 Passed 03/02
Congratulations! Yours caught my eye for some reason and I've been wondering if you passed. Great News!

How are people being notified of their decisions? Does your broker email you, or do you hear from Disney directly?

When you get the email from Disney how is it displayed on the Sender section, to ensure it doesn't go to spam or junk folder.
You don't get anything from Disney. They will only deal with the broker, who will notify you of their decision.

You can go through 300 points quickly staying in a bigger place. :) We like 2-bedroom units and are only a family of 4. A good friend of mine said, "I don't go on vacation to pay to be less comfortable than I am at home." I like his logic. ;)

Others prefer studios for more days or more trips within a year. To each his own!

I live in Pompano Beach, and we became Annual Pass Holders to enjoy the Parks at our own leisure. Time is better than comfort at this point of our lives. From my understanding the studios are better than the budget hotel rooms like Pop Century, Sports, Music, Animation etc. Later we can enjoy the comforts.

Curiosity question, I understand the concept of the unit itself and a percent of a unit allocated per contract. However is there a way to translate the unit number to the physical room at the dvc resort so you understand what type of room it is? I know for booking it really makes no difference but curious in general.

Curiosity question, I understand the concept of the unit itself and a percent of a unit allocated per contract. However is there a way to translate the unit number to the physical room at the dvc resort so you understand what type of room it is? I know for booking it really makes no difference but curious in general.

Yes, I believe it's in the declaration documents. It's not just one room but a section of rooms or a building (like OKW for instance.) There are lists of which rooms correlate to each unit number that people have compiled. You can find them on this board or with a google search.

How are people being notified of their decisions? Does your broker email you, or do you hear from Disney directly?

I got a telegram from a guy on horseback for my first contract. The other was one of those airplanes with the words after it at the beach. (I can't wait to buy a universal timeshare resale someday... They notify you by owl!)

Last edited:
You are able to see it by searching the Orange County recorder's site using the seller's name as grantee. But by the time you've learned the seller's name you are already into the ROFR process.
Here's the link http://www.occompt.com/official-records/ .
For the curious you can use Disney as the grantee to look at what they've taken back, but you have to sort through a lot of mortgages filed on Poly units where Disney shows as the grantee too. Also foreclosures show up w/ disney as the grantee. Be sure to limit the time you are looking at to just a couple of months, otherwise you'll pull thousands of documents.
BTW, that's how I learned I'd closed on my AKV resale purchase a few years ago, I was casually checking the OC site waiting to hear about my very delayed closing & boom, found my name on my recorded deed :) .
I've already found the VGF deed on the OC site I'm in ROFR on now, so I know my unit # if I'm lucky and it passes ROFR.
Interesting! Looks like my seller is a professional DVC resaler because she has 50 results just for Bay Lake. :o Doesn't look like Disney buys back from her often though.

I got a telegram from a guy on horseback for my first contract. The other was one of those airplanes with the words after it at the beach. (I can't wait to buy a universal timeshare resale someday... They notify you by owl!)
I like your sense of humor!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter