ROFR Thread January - March 2017 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if this link is allowed but I wonder if this data can be integrated:
https://www.dvcresalemarket.com/blog/dvc-right-of-first-refusal-rofr-january-17-report/

Looks like an AKV 160 pt contract was taken at $82/point - thanks for the luck, I hope you are right.

I said ALMOST always :)

With your contract, they'd have to keep it on the books until at least October because it doesn't have current UY points. At $80 with no points, that's not appealing for them based on past history. Not guaranteed, but I think very, very unlikely they'll buy that back. When they do exercise ROFR, it's because either the price is way too low (price control) or they have someone on the waitlist looking for the points and they can flip it immediately.

How long between passing ROFR and closing?

I'm hesitant to move funds prior to passing, but it can take 5 business days to have the funds accessible. Do you have a certain amount of time to have closing funds ready?
I don't know the full answer to this, but I can tell you that I waited until after we passed ROFR to send funds to the title company.

Hoping for better luck this time!

MixieLou---$90-$14010-150-BWV-Apr-0/15, 0/16, 16/17, 150/18- sent 2/24
Good luck! I just had an offer accepted on a 150 pt. BWV so will be watching this to see how it goes.

I said ALMOST always :)

With your contract, they'd have to keep it on the books until at least October because it doesn't have current UY points. At $80 with no points, that's not appealing for them based on past history. Not guaranteed, but I think very, very unlikely they'll buy that back. When they do exercise ROFR, it's because either the price is way too low (price control) or they have someone on the waitlist looking for the points and they can flip it immediately.
Disney can pull current-year points from another source. Anything they take just goes back into one big pile (separated by "unit") and then they can grab whatever they need. It's not the lack of points that makes a contract "unappealing" to Disney, but the overall makeup of points that they have available in that pile.

DucksDad---$68-$15392-200-OKW-Dec-160/15, 200/16, 200/17, 200/18- sent 2/7, taken 2/27

TAKEN - This was my first shot at a resale contract. And I know why DVC doesn't call to tell you when they take it because my response would have gone something like this...(with apologies to Liam Neeson)

I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for me to buy direct, I can tell you I don't have that kind of money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my contract go now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will wedgie you.

Disney can pull current-year points from another source. Anything they take just goes back into one big pile (separated by "unit") and then they can grab whatever they need. It's not the lack of points that makes a contract "unappealing" to Disney, but the overall makeup of points that they have available in that pile.
Right, but if they buy back a stripped contract, the contents can't be resold until there are actually points to sell in a current UY. So in any way they slice it, they're still holding them on the books for a period of time. UY is tied to the unit #.

I have been waiting on an SSR contract since 2/3 no points until 12/2018, 160 points at $75. I've been waiting so long and I see all these other contracts done way before me... Ahhhhhhh when will it end :)I hope that doesn't mean they are going to take. I thought since not fully loaded maybe we would have luck. If they only looked into how much we visit and spend they would see it would be wise to pass it ;)

Right, but if they buy back a stripped contract, the contents can't be resold until there are actually points to sell in a current UY. So in any way they slice it, they're still holding them on the books for a period of time. UY is tied to the unit #.
Nope; they can hold the stripped contract back against their legally-required 2% ownership stake. They can sell the points immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter