ROFR Thread Jan to March 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
jakecaputo---$175-$4992-25-PVB-Feb-0/22, 16/23, 25/24, 25/25- sent 1/17
jakecaputo---$149-$7972-50-PVB-Feb-0/22, 25/23, 50/24, 50/25- sent 1/31

First contracts! We saw the 25 go up for sale and thought we'd grab that and then just get another 25 direct to get us to the 50 total that we wanted. Then two weeks later the 50 point contract in the same use year popped up at 149 a point, figured we could get another 50 for slightly more than the planned 25 direct, pulled the trigger!

Might be nice to have them separate if you sell down the line, but honestly, if you are looking for higher points, the higher number of points contracts are sometimes cheaper per point, and you are not paying the multiple escrow fees - unless you got the seller to pay closing fees, of course. Great resort and use year ;)

Might be nice to have them separate if you sell down the line, but honestly, if you are looking for higher points, the higher number of points contracts are sometimes cheaper per point, and you are not paying the multiple escrow fees - unless you got the seller to pay closing fees, of course. Great resort and use year ;)
I imagine if their goal is to hover under 200 points in total these fewer point contracts would work out great for them and maintain most if not appreciate in value but if going for 3-400+ points it would almost be a pain to have to list that many.

We have a young one, don't need curtains. Prefer the glass. It's much gooder.

Also, do we realize that every time there is a refurb on a resort, that translates to our annual dues rising? Someone bears the cost.
We're actually building funds for refurbs all the time, even when there isn't one going on... they break it out in the annual statement. But if they tried to collect for a refurb in the actual time frame it's done, the dues jump would be insane... so they keep estimates of all they expect to spend on all the various frequencies - I believe the break out roof estimates ,refurbs, etc. and show us all the portion of our dues going into the capital fund, along with the total balance of the fund and what the year's dues allocated to those type of future expenditures will add to that fund... even a resort like SSR that just had one is already collecting each year to build up again for the next one...

We were really only looking for about 50 points total, enough to take a trip every other year or so. Ended up with 75 so it works.

I was having a contract drawn up for SSR 100pts 0/23, 100/24 for $90 a point (asking $113) but just heard back from DVC Resale Market that it is actually 0/24 so no points until 2025. So went from a great deal back to renegotiating.

114 per point, it’s a smaller contract (125) though than that one. If I were going for 200 I prob would’ve aimed for 110
At the start of the pandemic which is when I got into DVC I was between AKV and PVB…AK was selling in 100-110 range…we are seeing prices dip again and people are going to start scooping up the contracts real quick again. I think you got in good. Even if you overpaid it’s not a massive amount, like maybe $500. That doesn’t really change the overall number too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter