• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ROFR Thread April to June 2024 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

I think most people overcompensate for the dues, aside for Vero Beach and Hilton Head.

People who are brand new to shopping for contracts tend to under-appreciate the impact of dues, but experienced people tend to overcorrect in my opinion.

Old Key West dues are about $1.50 higher than the average non-OKW WDW resort.

If you can save $10, $20, $30 per point on your initial purchase, it's going to be literally decades before the higher dues offset the lower initial purchase price.
I kind of had this thought recently when I was comparing getting RIV or OKW direct and there’s only about a $1 difference in dues so for 150pts that’s only $150 more a year. That adds up of course, but it’s more palatable in $150 increments. We still decided RIV for different reasons but the difference in dues stopped being a relevant reason to not get OKW for us, to each their own, of course.

I check back every day to see if @mblsj's contract has passed, going to add this one to my "obsessively watching for no real reason" list.

Agreed. This is my new form of entertainment now that my contract has completely closed.
I hope you guys aren't like people who just watch NASCAR for the wrecks popcorn:: Don't need that mojo!

I want my Poly points! 🤣🤣🤣

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter