ROFR Thread April to June 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.dvcresalemarket.com/blog/dvc-resale-average-sales-prices-for-february-2023/

The site sponsor gives a pretty good idea of what contracts are going for each month. It will be interesting to see their March data. A good source if people are trying to figure out what would be considered a reasonable offer these days...
The problem is contracts on their site skew higher than the rest of the brokers, so I don't find it a good source to consider what a reasonable offer is. For instance, the average prices from February were all higher than most of what passed in the ROFR thread (e.g. AKL average resale price of $122 from DVCRM, ROFR thread prices passed in Feb ranged from $100-120). I know that the offers on the ROFR threads aren't really indicative of the market as a whole so I'd prefer having something more comprehensive not tied to a single broker. DVC News monthly reports were great because they pulled in all the resale transactions regardless of broker.

Years ago there was a clause that said if you were brought a full price offer it’s considered sold. Thst made me leary to post with more than one..not sure if it’s the still the same.

This is still common practice today with a number of brokers.

I’m STILL waiting on my contract that was sent on March 8….anyone else having to wait this long lately? Tomorrow will be 4 weeks, I’m not sure if it’s a bad sign or not.

Wdwbride09---$80-$2934-25-OKW-Feb-0/22, 25/23, 25/24- sent 3/8

I’m STILL waiting on my contract that was sent on March 8….anyone else having to wait this long lately? Tomorrow will be 4 weeks, I’m not sure if it’s a bad sign or not.

Check your spam folder?

I'm wondering if the 7-8 days we've seen have been a fluke.
My broker sent me at timeline of 50 days, but I'm wondering if that's to cover themselves. Better to underpromise and overdeliver?

My broker sent me at timeline of 50 days, but I'm wondering if that's to cover themselves. Better to underpromise and overdeliver?

DVD has to be given at least 30 days before a closing date can be set and many brokers go from 45 to 90 days in my experience, based on current timeline...because of that, the broker probably used the 50 day timeline for closing to give them time.

While what we are currently seeing has been quick, that can change on a dime....just a 6 months ago, it was taking 20 to 45 days just to pass ROFR.

DVD has to be given at least 30 days before a closing date can be set and many brokers go from 45 to 90 days in my experience, based on current timeline...because of that, the broker probably used the 50 day timeline for closing to give them time.

While what we are currently seeing has been quick, that can change on a dime....just a 6 months ago, it was taking 20 to 45 days just to pass ROFR.
Yeah, this is my fourth contract through ROFR so I went in knowing it could be awhile, but seeing these fly through in a few days has had me a bit discouraged. I've never lost one to rofr so hopefully the monster stays asleep a bit longer so I can add this one to my list, if not, that's my sign I just need another bigger contract haha.

That's what I've been wondering too. My last few contracts ranged anywhere from 7 days to 35 days in ROFR, so could just be a wide range. The one contract that I sold, Disney bought back (the one that took 35 days), which is why I was a bit worried.

This is what I've been trying to tell people in other threads: the current timelines we are seeing are ridiculously fast compared to historic data, and folks need to worry just a little bit less, and relax and enjoy making progress a little bit more. Seems like some new buyers are working themselves into panic attacks, when it should be a more enjoyable and exciting experience.

Instead of "Man, I'm sure glad ROFR and closing aren't currently taking 2 months to clear", we're seeing more and more "I saw someone get their ROFR back in 3 days on a Friday and they closed the following Monday, but mine is taking 4 days! What's wrong? Who do I need to call?"

*Not a criticism or judgement of anyone, just trying to get folks to realize it's moving in the right direction, and even if someone did get their paperwork a little sooner than you did, you're still miles ahead of everyone who purchase just a few months ago.

This is what I've been trying to tell people in other threads: the current timelines we are seeing are ridiculously fast compared to historic data, and folks need to worry just a little bit less, and relax and enjoy making progress a little bit more. Seems like some new buyers are working themselves into panic attacks, when it should be a more enjoyable and exciting experience.

Instead of "Man, I'm sure glad ROFR and closing aren't currently taking 2 months to clear", we're seeing more and more "I saw someone get their ROFR back in 3 days on a Friday and they closed the following Monday, but mine is taking 4 days! What's wrong? Who do I need to call?"

*Not a criticism or judgement of anyone, just trying to get folks to realize it's moving in the right direction, and even if someone did get their paperwork a little sooner than you did, you're still miles ahead of everyone who purchase just a few months ago.
Oh I get it, this is my fourth contract to go through ROFR and haven't had one bought back. I did have one bought back on the seller side and it was like this where everyone else's was coming back quickly and that one sat for weeks until it finally was bought back.

Oh I get it, this is my fourth contract to go through ROFR and haven't had one bought back. I did have one bought back on the seller side and it was like this where everyone else's was coming back quickly and that one sat for weeks until it finally was bought back.
I waited 34 days last spring for one to clear ROFR.

PJ E---$104-$18842-160-AKV-Dec-0/21, 300/22, 160/23, 160/24- sent 4/4

First contract, the loaded 2022 points is what sold me on it. list was originally in the $130's, it just dropped to $115 and i offered $97, they countered at $104 and i accepted as i didn't want the "free" 2022 points to get away!

So....with this buyers market, what effect (if any) will there be on room availability for the next 1-3 years?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter