ROFR Thread April to June 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the good laugh regarding the economy. We are all definitely here celebrating the crazy low costs of DVC due to the positive economy.
Is DVC resale pricing going back to 2019 price levels crazy low? Is 2042 resorts trending down as they get closer to being worthless crazy?

Compare the board sponsor report from Dec 2019 to now.

https://www.dvcresalemarket.com/blog/dvc-resale-average-sales-prices-for-december-2019/

https://www.dvcresalemarket.com/blog/dvc-resale-average-sales-prices-for-march-2023/

Is DVC resale pricing going back to 2019 price levels crazy low? Is 2042 resorts trending down as they get closer to being worthless crazy?

Compare the board sponsor report from Dec 2019 to now.

https://www.dvcresalemarket.com/blog/dvc-resale-average-sales-prices-for-december-2019/

https://www.dvcresalemarket.com/blog/dvc-resale-average-sales-prices-for-march-2023/
I don't think the 2019 were really that low, it is the crazy inflated 2021 & 2022 prices for resales that are making them look that way.

This is not a factual statement for the broad US economy. There may be softening in some areas, but it does not “suck”.

1) Jobs: There are still significantly more job openings than people who say they are looking for work 1.7 jobs available for every 1 worker seeking a job.
2) Unemployment: 50 year low of 3.5%
3) Wage Growth: 5% (see recent Disney CM raise @ WDW)
4) Inflation: Falling every month (from 9% down to 6%)
5) US PMI: 52.3, Global PMI: 53.4
6) SP500: Up 7.4% YTD
7) Corporate Profits: Analysts expect to hit another all time high by end of the year.

Plenty of families will still be taking annual Disney trips or AP looping (2 trips in 365 calendar days) and the availability of APs will be beneficial for some of those families.
Yeah everything is fine lol. Workforce participation is decreasing too, coming off worst bond market year in years is a strong sign, weakening dollar, groceries and fuel rising. Housing is also excellent. In fact everything is so good... Now Disney is skipping ROFR, lowering cash rooms cost, and lower entry into direct sales. Disney needs an update that everything is stronger actually. A few years of over spending, war on oil, and slowed economic engines has set us up to believe we are just fine. You are right though about job openings because I saw all my local fast food restaurants hiring and warehouse positions. Once they are filled they surely will purchase DVC. Just hard to spin this market as solid with no consideration for why the numbers could be propped up.

To concede to your objection... It could be much worse... I just think people who think it's good haven't been hit yet personally. I do think some of these sales are people just dumping contracts and reprioritizing. There are some number disfranchised with Disney as a whole.

Last edited:
Yeah everything is fine lol. Workforce participation is decreasing too, coming off worst bond market year in years is a strong sign, weakening dollar, groceries and fuel rising. Housing is also excellent. In fact everything is so good... Now Disney is skipping ROFR, lowering cash rooms cost, and lower entry into direct sales. Disney needs an update that everything is stronger actually. A few years of over spending, war on oil, and slowed economic engines has set us up to believe we are just fine. You are right though about job openings because I saw all my local fast food restaurants hiring and warehouse positions. Once they are filled they surely will purchase DVC.
How about the economy isn’t great. But it also isn’t terrible. It’s just ok?

I think that “fine” was actually a fair assessment. Not great, but not terrible…

So bubble assets, like DVC, have come back to reality a bit. Which, is great for people looking to lock in future vacation accommodations.
Yeah hope this is all it is, just worried there is a lot more to come as there is not much historical evidence to support the debt we are floating, lack of savings in families, and challenges of the dollar. To refrain from econ argument, I will agree we aren't terrible yet but my sentiment is that consumers (including myself) are wavering more from 6 months ago with spending.

Resorts like BWV were always likely to fall asleep we cross into that under 20 years left and easy money tapered off.

Nice!! You were wondering where to buy, right? How cool to land on boardwalk!
Yep! I actually started with BWV (b/c we love it there), had an accepted offer initially, and then backout because I was overthinking the 2042 expiration. I kept second guessing myself and started trying to just find the best deal (lowest points, low dues etc). But I think really what it came down to was that I was struggling because my heart is really at Boardwalk. I also got a more loaded contract this second go around, for the same price per point, so it worked out in the end. So excited for the renovation too!

So we passed ROFR on 3/9 for our 70 pt SSR contract. Closed on 3/24. Today points finally loaded and to our surprise there were an extra 51 banked points sitting in our dashboard for 2023 Use Year! Confirmed with DVC via chat, not a mistake. Double-checked sale contract, nothing banked to 2023. Zip-a-dee-doo-dah, zip-a-dee-ay!

Anyone who is waiting to pass ROFR hear back yet today? The anticipation is killing me!
Hi, yes sent a week ago on the 3rd of April. Worried Disney are going to start buying them back this month. I hope not…

Mine sent 3/25 still waiting. I am worried that the AP sales announcement that the monster is making a come back.
I think that AP coming back is tied to no ROFR is tied to hotel room discounts of up to 25% through summer and into fall. Len Testa reported on his podcast that WDW gate attendance is down like 25%. With trends like that, my guess is that the ROFR monster will stay in her cave for a while longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter