• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ROFR Thread April to June 2018 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought I'd post this in case the information is helpful. Not totally surprised that it was taken, but disappointed nonetheless. The hunt goes on . . .

evenstephen---$107-$13465-120-AKV-Dec-0/16, 0/17, 0/18, 120/19- sent 3/16, taken 4/6

Wow that's getting to be priced not far from mono rail resorts that offer longer ownership dates, lower dues, better location and more transportation options.

Thought I'd post this in case the information is helpful. Not totally surprised that it was taken, but disappointed nonetheless. The hunt goes on . . .

evenstephen---$107-$13465-120-AKV-Dec-0/16, 0/17, 0/18, 120/19- sent 3/16, taken 4/6

Ugh...sorry that one was taken, a better one will come along and pass.

Sorry to hear it was taken. Thanks for posting. Glad spring break season is almost done. I cannot help but wonder if that is why so many are being kept?

Definitely a trend with Dec. AKV contracts and March SSR contracts. I’d stay away from those UY’s at those resorts for a while everyone...

I’m gonna try one more time....
But that’s it!

They don't focus on the same UY for particular resorts forever, but they do seem to focus on certain ones at certain times. When I was trying to buy BLT last year, they were buying June and August back like crazy. They bought them back at almost any price at the time. A few months later, they stopped buying so many back for June, at least. That's what I bought, so I paid attention then.

They don't focus on the same UY for particular resorts forever, but they do seem to focus on certain ones at certain times. When I was trying to buy BLT last year, they were buying June and August back like crazy. They bought them back at almost any price at the time. A few months later, they stopped buying so many back for June, at least. That's what I bought, so I paid attention then.

I considered not trying again right now but I want more points for 2019, I only want AKV, and there was a decent contract someone else would take if I didn’t.
December makes up like 35% of the AK contracts so it’s the most available and should be easiest to add on to in the future. (Even though I’m totally done after this!!) It maybe easiest to unload in the future too?
So I figured what the heck, I don’t technically lose anything for trying.

We’ll see. I’ll update crying again in 5 weeks :charac2:

Has anyone with an AKV contract make it through ROFR in the past month???

MB_01---$96-$17602-160-AKV-Jun-0/16, 0/17, 160/18, 160/19- sent 3/9, passed 3/28

Not sure if this is when it actually passed or not. Haven't seen a single email from the broker since I sent the original contract and deposit back to the broker. Finally I called the title company on 3/28 and she told me I would be getting closing documents tomorrow or the next day so it must have passed ROFR and estoppel is done also? I'm assuming that's the case because I ended up getting those 4/3 and overnighted them back on 4/4.

MB_01---$96-$17602-160-AKV-Jun-0/16, 0/17, 160/18, 160/19- sent 3/9, passed 3/28

Not sure if this is when it actually passed or not. Haven't seen a single email from the broker since I sent the original contract and deposit back to the broker. Finally I called the title company on 3/28 and she told me I would be getting closing documents tomorrow or the next day so it must have passed ROFR and estoppel is done also? I'm assuming that's the case because I ended up getting those 4/3 and overnighted them back on 4/4.

Congrats!

June UY
TexasChick 123 theory holding up

Congratulations!!! Which broker? That is horrible!

Congratulations!!! Which broker? That is horrible!

Magic Resales. More communication would have been nice but I don't know what the norm is for this type of transaction. Last time I heard from them was 3/9 but First Reliable has been really good about getting back to me since I started talking to them direct. This is my first time so I'm not sure if the broker is supposed to be involved in the process or not!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter