Rodeway Inn Maingate?

Charitycase20

Mouseketeer
Has anyone ever stayed at the Rodeway Inn Maingate on W. Irlo Bronson Hwy? Our "dream" trip is turning into a "budget" one and if I still want to take the kids to WDW, I have to be frugal about it:headache:. With a special discount through work, I can get a double room with continental breakfast for $21.59 or a double with fridge and microwave, along with breakfast for $29.59 :thumbsup2 We would stay for 5 days, check in on a Saturday and check out on Thursday morning after spending a day in each park. The reviews look ok, but was just wondering if anyone had any "inside" info.

Thanks!!

Has anyone ever stayed at the Rodeway Inn Maingate on W. Irlo Bronson Hwy? Our "dream" trip is turning into a "budget" one and if I still want to take the kids to WDW, I have to be frugal about it:headache:. With a special discount through work, I can get a double room with continental breakfast for $21.59 or a double with fridge and microwave, along with breakfast for $29.59 :thumbsup2 We would stay for 5 days, check in on a Saturday and check out on Thursday morning after spending a day in each park. The reviews look ok, but was just wondering if anyone had any "inside" info.

Thanks!!

Just wondering if you ended up staying here? Looks like we'll be staying there soon, if I remember I'll post our experience. I did read the reviews, and seems to be about 50/50. On the plus side there's Golden Corral Buffet just down the street :banana:. We don't have those in my area and our last experience was pretty good.

Hi, I posted above and just wanted to mention that we did end up staying here, and things were fine, and would probably stay there again. I have photos and I've been a little slow at getting things ready, but if anyone comes across this post and is wondering the same thing, please post especially if I haven't updated.

I did an actual walk thru of a ground floor rooom about 2 weeks ago. The place looks to have been built in the 70's/80's and has been updated. We plan on staying there soon since the other place we use has cut back on promotions.

Update 4 days later............... my "normal" cheap hotel finally had a 40 percent off sale so I will not be staying at the Rodeway Inn after all.

how was the breakfast? I booked this place before moving over to disney for the week. Any recent visits? Pics?

We've stayed at the Rodeway Inn Maingate 4 times....the most recent stay was in June 2010. If you're looking for a place to basically sleep, it's fine. The rooms are nothing special, but they've always been relatively clean and we've never had problems with broken appliances (although the outlets were a little loose during our last trip - my hair dryer didn't want to stay plugged in). Despite it's location, it has always been very quiet. The pool is large and the grounds are well-landscaped and clean. The location is WONDERFUL and it takes just a couple of minutes to get on Disney property. There are also tons of restaurants/shopping/gas stations, etc. nearby.

I would suggest going to one of the nearby restaurants if you are big breakfast eaters (there is an IHOP very close by). The breakfast consists of apple/orange juice, coffee, and prepackaged doughnuts. We always get a room with a fridge & microwave, so we just eat breakfast in the room. This is definitely our go-to place whenever funds are low. I really don't have any major issues with it - it's certainly not a 5-star resort, but it suits our needs when we're trying to save some money.

We've stayed at the Rodeway Inn Maingate 4 times....the most recent stay was in June 2010. If you're looking for a place to basically sleep, it's fine. The rooms are nothing special, but they've always been relatively clean and we've never had problems with broken appliances (although the outlets were a little loose during our last trip - my hair dryer didn't want to stay plugged in). Despite it's location, it has always been very quiet. The pool is large and the grounds are well-landscaped and clean. The location is WONDERFUL and it takes just a couple of minutes to get on Disney property. There are also tons of restaurants/shopping/gas stations, etc. nearby.

I would suggest going to one of the nearby restaurants if you are big breakfast eaters (there is an IHOP very close by). The breakfast consists of apple/orange juice, coffee, and prepackaged doughnuts. We always get a room with a fridge & microwave, so we just eat breakfast in the room. This is definitely our go-to place whenever funds are low. I really don't have any major issues with it - it's certainly not a 5-star resort, but it suits our needs when we're trying to save some money.

Thank you so much for your quick response! You have calmed my nerves! I was afraid of showing up to a dirty hole in the wall. We paid enough for the week on property that I would feel guilty spending alot on the extra night just to sleep somewhere. We will get in too late to enjoy a resort just for the night. Thanks again!!!:goodvibes

You're welcome! It's definitely an older motel, but I think you'll find that it's fine for one night of sleep. Enjoy your trip!! :goodvibes

I did an actual walk thru of a ground floor rooom about 2 weeks ago. The place looks to have been built in the 70's/80's and has been updated. We plan on staying there soon since the other place we use has cut back on promotions.

Update 4 days later............... my "normal" cheap hotel finally had a 40 percent off sale so I will not be staying at the Rodeway Inn after all.

If I remember to look for my pictures I will post them. We stayed here in September of 2010. It's nothing fancy, but like the other poster said, if you are just looking for a decent and clean place to sleep and shower then this is fine. The rate was extremely cheap especially when you compare it to crazy Anaheim prices for the Disneyland resort. The place is not fancy, but definitely not a scummy hole in the wall. Clean, good shape inside and out, nice pool. There's a Howard Johnson right next door.

The location is great! It's probably about 10-12 minutes from the main WDW resort area, you'll arrive before you know it. The Celebration Hospital is just down the road, about a 5-ish minute drive and I believe this is the hospital the resort uses. We did have a slight emergency and had to visit the ER, while in the ER it seemed like every person there was a Park guest, plus the emergency started while at a park and this is the hospital the castmember mentioned - just a bad case of vertigo for you curious readers popcorn::. The hospital is very clean and modern by the way.

Lots of great businesses in the immediate area, Walgreens is at the corner, IHOP and Gold Corral Buffet are within walking distance, Subway, Wendy's, either a McDonald's or Burger King (forget which one), big supermarket which I think is a Publix. And back in Sept. 2010 there was a CVS half way constructed so it's probably in action by now, along with a new StarBucks.
There's other places to eat and shops in the area. The Golden Corral Buffet was one of the cleanest, largest, organized, and friendliest ones I've visited while in FL.

You can view the area on Google maps using their Street View. My only complaint about this place was the Wi-Fi. I could never pick up wi-fi from our room, I did a little experimenting and I concluded that the Parking Lot side rooms could not pick up the single, however most pool side rooms could, the signal was stronger. I asked the front desk about it, they said other guests has asked about it too and that it was being fixed, however 7 days later still no wi-fi on the parking lot side so not sure if their story was bologna or what.

Other than no wi-fi for my laptop the stay and experience was fine, and we would stay there again. If you eat at the Golden Corral most of those coupon books that you will see everywhere have a coupon for the place.

Were considering this place also... Does anyone know if they had connecting rooms?? We would need two rooms... Right now it is down to this place and Seralago.... At Seralago we would have a suite that would accomodate all of us in one room.... Here, we would need two rooms- weather they connect or not could be the determining factor....

Both this place and Seralago are similar in price ... It looks like we can spend the entire 2 weeks here with 2 rooms for about $1100. Or a suite at Seralago for $1400 for the two weeks.... Both are much, much cheaper than a value resort at Disney...

I noticed a lot of people refer to staying here just one night or made comments it would be fine for a "nights stay"... Were looking to spend our whole 2 week vacation here... Any thoughts on staying there that long? We've been to Disney 3 times; all 3 times we stayed in value resorts. Were looking to go over Christmas and I think staying off property may be the only way we can afford to stay the whole two weeks....

Were considering this place also... Does anyone know if they had connecting rooms?? We would need two rooms... Right now it is down to this place and Seralago.... At Seralago we would have a suite that would accomodate all of us in one room.... Here, we would need two rooms- weather they connect or not could be the determining factor....

Both this place and Seralago are similar in price ... It looks like we can spend the entire 2 weeks here with 2 rooms for about $1100. Or a suite at Seralago for $1400 for the two weeks.... Both are much, much cheaper than a value resort at Disney...

I noticed a lot of people refer to staying here just one night or made comments it would be fine for a "nights stay"... Were looking to spend our whole 2 week vacation here... Any thoughts on staying there that long? We've been to Disney 3 times; all 3 times we stayed in value resorts. Were looking to go over Christmas and I think staying off property may be the only way we can afford to stay the whole two weeks....

I'm not sure about connecting rooms, I did see some pretty large rooms that may have been suites so it's possible. I would call the place and ask to find out for sure. On our trip in December we stayed for about 9 nights I believe. We were away from late morning until early night but did have at least two day where we really didn't do or go out too much and spent most of the time at the place.

The lot is small, the pool side area and pool itself was nice even though we didn't use it. But since the overall area is a little smallish I could see how it might be a little uncomfortable or crowded if the place is sold out and there's tons of people around, but I'm guessing most are there for Disney plus and will be out and about.

The location really is great, I describe it in a previous post above and having a hospital in the area is nice too :) .

We stayed at the Rodeway for a week in both August 2007 & June 2010 and enjoyed our stay both times. The rooms we have stayed in have been a bit on the smallish side, so maybe after 2 weeks it might start to feel a bit cramped. When we stay on Disney property, we also stay at the value resorts, and I think the rooms there are probably only slightly bigger than the ones we've stayed in at the Rodeway. Also, I believe they do have connecting rooms, but you'll probably want to call them to verify.

My husband's job sends him out of town 5 days a week, so he stays in hotels all over the country and can be a bit of a hotel snob. I was worried he would have issues with this place, but he enjoyed our stay at the Rodeway last summer. :)

We're doing the budget trip as well, so this place seemed like the best fit for its amenities. I was wondering if anyone encountered extra fees while checking out. There was some hint of this in the reviews i've read across the web. I believe someone said something about being charged for their shuttle service to the parks regardless whether they used them or not. We intend to use the LYNX which is in front of the hotel and takes you directly to the TTC (They have more flexible arrival and departure times).

Cheers!

:goodvibes:goodvibes

We're doing the budget trip as well, so this place seemed like the best fit for its amenities. I was wondering if anyone encountered extra fees while checking out. There was some hint of this in the reviews i've read across the web. I believe someone said something about being charged for their shuttle service to the parks regardless whether they used them or not. We intend to use the LYNX which is in front of the hotel and takes you directly to the TTC (They have more flexible arrival and departure times).

Cheers!

:goodvibes:goodvibes

You know, now that you mention this this does seem very familiar. I went on a family trip so I personally did not pay but I will ask my father to see if he recalls a fee, though this does sound familiar. But I don't think it was for much. We personally never saw the shuttle, and I think I may have read a review about a person complaining that the shuttle took way too long to arrive at its destination.

You know, now that you mention this this does seem very familiar. I went on a family trip so I personally did not pay but I will ask my father to see if he recalls a fee, though this does sound familiar. But I don't think it was for much. We personally never saw the shuttle, and I think I may have read a review about a person complaining that the shuttle took way too long to arrive at its destination.

I read somewhere that there was a resort fee - I believe I read it was $5. Please know this does not come from first hand experience, but rather something I ready....

Grim- did you ever come across those pics of the resort.... were still considering this place and would love to see some pics of the place!

Hi All! Any word on the extra fees at check out? My MIL and SIL live in FL, but about 2 1/2 hours away. They are going to drive up to do one day with us when we visit IOA. MIL is on a tight budget and they just need somewhere clean and cheap to sleep for one night in Orlando so we can head to the park nice and early. Overall, it sounds like this place is nice enough, again just need a place to sleep, but I'd hate for her to get hit with a ton of fees, etc. . THANKS!

It is pretty standard for any of the hotels in this area to charge $5 per night "resort fee". If you are booking on Travelocity or expedia it says additional resort fee may be charged so it is not hidden or anything just not charged up front.

I am looking at staying here or trying Hotwire for a 1 bedroom condo celebration area at $35 a night that better bidding is saying could be Celebration suites both of which I am counting on an additional $5 a night

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter