• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

**Rockin the expandable tutu!! -- F&W in 1.5 hours & a DISmeet! [updated 9.29.14]

Sending you and your family all of the prayers and positive energy that I can muster with all of my being. I also pray for strength for you all during this trying time.
-Megan Gentile
xoxoxoxo

My thoughts are with you and your family
If you need anything at all, even just a chat please don't hesitate to let me know
Big hugs
Lx

I am not around alot lately on the boards, but I want to take a minute to send you and your family a ton of positive thoughts. My grand father was tken by lung cancer. Cancer sucks. :(

emmebear, so sorry about your father. Prayers for peace and comfort for him and hoping your family is able to make the most of time you have left together.

thank you for all the well wishes & positive energy for my dad.

after visiting with a neuro-oncologist, an MRI of my dad's complete spin was completed to see if there were metastatic droppings in his spine. unfortunately, my dad also has cancer cells in his spine.

the disease is moving so quickly and is absolutely devastating. he started whole brain radiation on thursday and will undergo 10 total treatments. my dad no longer can walk on his own, he can only mutter single words (he can say daughter, love & son in korean & says emme) & has difficulty swallowing. he is currently using a wheelchair as he is almost a total assist.

on the positive, we are seeing some improvement with my dad during his radiation. he is smiling, more alert and responds to us...this is very encouraging as there is swelling in his brain.

before my father underwent whole brain radiation, we planned a surprise vow renewal ceremony for them. they will be celebrating their 37th wedding anniversary in august but considering my dad's diagnosis, we celebrated a little early.

my dad wanted to see the ocean so their vow renewal was on the beach. we laid out a heart in rose petals. there was an officiant, a violin player who sang & my parents also exchanged rings. My dad could barely stand but with my support and very shaky legs, he managed to stand up for my mom & be the strong man that he is. it was absolutely heart breaking but such a beautiful moment.

14436080752_b62a7c07d2_z.jpg

my dad needed some help getting down to the ocean.

14484189905_d04fb78e0b_z.jpg

emme & coco were the flower girs.

14482971702_0bd1c3dc8c_z.jpg

14250806390_6a24f98088_z.jpg

a family snap shot.

14250979777_a582640370.jpg

we had a sugar free vanilla cake made with sugar free buttercream frosting as well as some champagne to celebrate. we used the beautiful lobby of one ocean in atlantic beach to celebrate.

14457605533_e3ef566f43.jpg

being silly with emme.

it was an absolutely beautiful day & it was full of joy. my dad is getting world class care & he is continuing to fight. we are hoping with whole brain radiation that he will have a better quality of life.

my sister started a go fund me account for my parents to send them on a honeymoon. i thought i would share the link here (again...since it didn't work). there is no pressure to donate but my sister keeps the page updated for friends and family.

to find the page, go to: go fund me dot com
search: christy lee
it will be: Honeymoon, 37 years in the making!

again, thank you everyone for all your prayers, well wishes and positive energy. we will never give up hope. as long as my dad is smiling and willing to fight, we will never give up...ever.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

in may, i took my parents to cape may. my dad wasn't feeling well but was able to walk with a little bit of help. he had no issues swallowing and was talking normally. my mom loves seafood and crab legs so cape may was a definite must do for us.

14090681920_97fa13c9bb_z.jpg

emme loves her grandparents!

despite having "personal triumph" listed on the ADR, there was nothing extra done for my dad which was disappointing. also, our server was pretty terrible. she didn't clear our tables so we had buckets of crab legs and clams all over the table. our drinks were always empty which also was disappointing.

the food wasn't the best i had but i can that the crab legs were always replenished. they weren't overly salty. the clams were very small. i was grossed out by the mussels in the tomato sauce (that was just WRONG in every way). however, the cheese section was really really good. emme loved the cod nuggets...they were exceptionally good. big chunks of fish in a light batter...plus tartar sauce!

i probably won't be returning for dinner and will stick to breakfast there. cape may does accept TIW and i used the free valet as well that comes with TIW.

14273968511_e5ce40299f_z.jpg

14277295825_0733e8fbcc_z.jpg

i had 4 plates of these. (i have no shame)

and emme's favorite part of the meal:

14277300605_ae6eeda3ee.jpg

the flan/custard with the blueberries was excellent. mmmmmm!

14090739437_f40ede1579.jpg

these strawberry shortcakes weren't very impressive.

after dinner, we took a walk along the boardwalk!

14272016342_f2e91bb789.jpg

i love this picture.

14504455343_430337e684_z.jpg

14273978361_cef191c91e.jpg

the sun was starting to set over the boardwalk.

14254194296_53194f5f26.jpg

14090654038_954ffbc62c.jpg

14090658279_11ece33037.jpg

14090750257_ce5a5c4c77.jpg

thank you again everyone for the well wishes. some of my favorite disney moments with my dad:

14297738369_6bd61facf4_o.jpg

14461254146_1f26745334.jpg

14484357625_f882ec83e8_o.jpg

14297759060_57a60ea136.jpg

14461294456_44b02b22a8.jpg

14297779029_640a4afc87.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

on the positive, during the korean anthem during the world cup, i blasted the music for the anthem and my dad mouthed the words. it was pretty awesome!

14297828609_98f793316a.jpg

Sending you and your family all of the prayers and positive energy that I can muster with all of my being. I also pray for strength for you all during this trying time.
-Megan Gentile
xoxoxoxo

thank you so much!! we will take all the prayers & positive energy. :cheer2:

My thoughts are with you and your family
If you need anything at all, even just a chat please don't hesitate to let me know
Big hugs
Lx

thank you linda. :flower3: i may take you up on this and you will have to listen to me ugly cry. it's been a difficult road and we are just keeping our hope alive for my dad. he's such an amazing man and my mom is taking it really hard.

The links in your last post didn't work for me? :confused3 :(

Lots and lots of :goodvibes coming your way.:grouphug:

thanks lady...i really appreciate it.

the link can be found at go fund me dot com
and then search for: christy lee

Our pray and thoughts are with your dad and your family. :hug:

thank you so much. :grouphug:

we had planned a trip for the 4th of july but my dad's last radiation treatment is on july 2nd and he will be too tired to go.

I am not around alot lately on the boards, but I want to take a minute to send you and your family a ton of positive thoughts. My grand father was tken by lung cancer. Cancer sucks. :(

thank you so much! :wave2:

my dad was kicking lung cancer & the brain lesion's butt and was given a new lease on life. he just now has a devastating complication that happens to less than 5% of patients. the oncologists say they see 1 patient in 5 years with this diagnosis.

we are doing everything we can for my dad..physically he's in really great shape and he is willing to fight. we just gotta have faith and hope!

i'm sorry for your grandfather.

emmebear, so sorry about your father. Prayers for peace and comfort for him and hoping your family is able to make the most of time you have left together.

thank you so much for your kind words. i appreciate them. each day is a blessing with him. :cheer2:

First I want to say that I'm sorry about your father, I will keep him in my prayers. Second, I just love your reviews, I have read many of them and your daughter is such a cutie!!!

Thank you for sharing your parents vow renewal with all of us. I teared up as I read it, as I'm sure everyone else did. Your dad and family are in my prayers.

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear the update about your Dad. Sending every good vibe I have to you and Emme, your Dad, and the rest of your family....please know that there is a whole community of people out there thinking about you all.

The vow renewal is just beautiful, and the family snap shot is perfect. :love:

I am just now getting caught up here. Please know that your dad, you, and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

I am so sorry to hear about your father. You are all in my thoughts and prayers. The pictures from their vow renewal are so touching.

emmebear, my thoughts and prayers are with your family. I'm so sorry about your father and the pictures of the vow renewal just brought tears to my eyes. But what a wonderful memory and moment in time your family now has. :grouphug: Much love to all of you.

I love your reviews. So sorry to hear about your father, your family is in my prayers. The vow renewal pictures are stunning, what a beautiful memory to have.

Love reading your review and thank you for taking your time to share with us during these difficult times in your life. You have a beautiful family and I am sorry to hear about your father.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Hi Patty,
As always, my thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.
You bring happiness to the DIS and we all appreciate everything you've shared to date.
Hugs...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter