• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

**Rockin the expandable tutu!! -- F&W in 1.5 hours & a DISmeet! [updated 9.29.14]

Patty, I haven't seen you post in a while, I'm sure life is always busy for you. I am keeping your family in my thoughts and prayers.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, Patty! What a strong family you have. The vow renewal looked beautiful. I'm sure that was a bittersweet moment for your mom. :love:

You & your family have my heartfelt sympathy & prayers regarding your dad's illness. We lost my dad 18 years ago, when he was only 64, after he was diagnosed with mesothelioma. He had been perfectly healthy other than a nagging pain on the right side of his chest under his armpit. His doctor thought it might be a bad gallbladder. Unfortunately, it wasn't. He lived three months. It was the saddest time of our life, and I miss him every day. I can't believe he's been gone this long. Hugs to you, Patty, & to Emme.

thanks again for the well wishes. it's much appreciated.

i used my iphone 6 plus this weekend & took some pictures. i wanted to test my phone & see how the pictures turned out compared to my 5s. i received my phone the day of the launch (yes, i'm the dork that was up at 3am to order my phone & actually received it on the 19th!) & haven't had much time to play with it.

15209337389_8fb117d04e.jpg

my gold 5s vs the gold iphone 6 plus.

here's some highlights to food & wine. i spent a whopping 1.5 hours there on friday night but managed to eat & drink AND have a dismeet in the process!

we took the boat from the swan where we were staying. the weather was really overcast & wet and i was happy to be able to squeeze in some time.

15209338827_c9f1485fdf.jpg

after arriving, i made a bee line to canada. i was starving & with my time being limited, i knew the filet & soup would be a really good choice.

15395848235_571d6020c1.jpg

“Le Cellier” Wild Mushroom Beef Filet Mignon with Truffle Butter Sauce – $7.25 DDP Snack Eligible

i was such a sad panda with this filet. it was overcooked and cold. last year, my filet was PERFECT. i think the culprit for the underwhelming filet was the time. it was about 8pm and 2 hours from closing. also, it was probably just sitting out. last year, i went to canada right when it opened. i still consider it a generous portion for the price but only wished it was of better quality.

and i took this photo with the flash & it's not too bad. i was expecting a lot worse.

i matched the filet with this beauty:

15372820836_ec9239856e.jpg

Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup – $4.25 DDP Snack Eligible

this soup is so amazing. it is comforting & very tasty. i wish they could match it with the pretzel bread served at le cellier in the bread basket. perhaps we can petition for mini pretzel bread next year?!

after canada, my friend text that he was in england so emme & i headed over that way. ive known matt since he was 17 and now he is 30 & it's so crazy. matt & his lady friend erin went to rose & crown purchased some tasty treats for us:

15395524172_640f363791.jpg

Irish car bombs

we used a trash can as a table & after a few photo ops, chugged the drink. i came in last during the chug fest. i wanted to hang my head in shame!

15209175670_82c438eedc.jpg

also, we saw the FROZEN fireworks from england. it was a pretty cool view of the fireworks! emme & i did the frozen premium package last month and despite the premium package, our view was not the best. we had a clear view of the stage but for the fireworks, the view was pretty terrible. so it was nice to see the fireworks from a distance instead of a partial obstructed side view. if anyone is interested in the premium package, i can post pictures of that too.

also, the security guy was gushing about my phone. i noticed during the trend that this would happen at least 10 times during the trip. i've had numerous people ask to "touch" my phone and one asked to even hold it. my phone was a rock star during the trip! ha ha.

15209198220_1d23170fe0.jpg

we said our goodbyes & emme and i headed towards france. i debated about trying the new slushie but passion fruit isn't my thing. and the weather was so icky that i didn't want anything slushy. we made our way to les halles as emme is a carb-a-holic. i refused to pay $6.00 for the ravioli in italy (plus, italy seemed so far from france & time wasn't on my side) so france was the best choice.

while in line, something caught my eye & had 2 of emme's favorites items on it: strawberries & whipped cream

15209179690_760eaba36b.jpg

15395527292_706698ab9c.jpg

Fraises - vanilla cream, topped with strawberry $4.75

btw, the iphone 6 plus f 2.2 is really nice which makes for great up close food shots (macro).

emme was loving this! i get mom of the year as this is what emme had for dinner. she had no interest in her beloved baguette or croissant. she ate the entire thing. like my friend said, "at least there is real fruit on it". ha ha!

15372828586_8547b9f26c.jpg

after france, i was instagramming with fellow DIS member kanadar. she & her sister were in the USA & emme and i were on our way for an impromtu DISmeet! however, i got distracted with belgium. belgium has my favorite beer: stella.

15209259818_f75a5a225e.jpg

Stella Artois Cidre – $3.50

i'm not a cider fan but i was pleasantly surprised with the taste. the cider flavor was very slight yet it still tasted like a stella. i was super happy that it was served very cold as well. last year, a lot of the beer i purchased was warm. GROSS.

15395530132_90b488e526.jpg

self portrait via front facing camera in pretty low light. the new iphone's front facing camera takes MUCH better pictures that my 5s. even in this low lighting, the image came out a bit more clear than my 5s. we took a lot of "selfies", "shellfies", "snowfies"...all types of selfies with characters this trip & the image quality is remarkably better. also, the camera now has a timer on it & when you use it, it takes images in burst mode so you get pretty decent selfies! ha ha. ok, enough geeking out with this phone.

i made every intention on making my way to america but got side tracked with brazil.

15209648130_7625651577.jpg

Moqueca de Pescado – Regal Springs Fresh Tilapia featuring Coconut Lime Sauce and Steamed Rice – (gluten free) $4.50, DDP Snack Eligible

last year, i wasn't too impressed with the soggy pork belly. pork belly tastes the best crispy to me (that's how we prepare it at home) and the soggy pork belly did nothing for me so i opted for the tilapia this year.

after a bite of the delicious rice, i was hell bent on making my way to america.

yet again, i got distracted by merchandise where i picked up this beauty:

15209113589_9e134abe3e.jpg

YES!! my very own plate! last year, they were sold out so i was so excited to have my own plate which would make eating so much easier.

also, emme did not want to be left out so she picked out the cutest duffy ever:

15395860225_0b844f875c.jpg

F&W duffy was absolutely adorable. he had on a full chef's outfit & even shoes. duffy is still expensive at $30.00 (yikes) but my AP discount softened the blow....slightly.

after finally getting situated & headed towards america, kanadar (kathy) let us know that she was on the bridge between france and england. so emme & i made a u-turn and headed that way.

along the way, i nibbled on the tilapia from brazil. the coconut rice was so yummy & the one bite of fish that i had was really tasty. the fish had no fishy after taste whatsoever.

15395530672_546830a4a5.jpg

we finally met up with kathy & her sister. this was their first DISmeet! how fantastic! after saying hello, what better way to celebrate new DIS friendships but with beer.

we made our way to the rose & crown stand where i was reunited with my beloved stella. i still feel this is the best pour in all of epcot. it's always perfect.

15395861475_c9fa85cb6c.jpg

Stella

**and there is kathy in the background**

we made our way back onto the bridge for a spot to view illuminations. but before illuminations, check out my new plate in action (it's PERFECT for stroller placement!)

15392680261_8150c54b49.jpg

this image is non-edited and i think the 6 plus takes great low light images. not too bad, in my opinion. it's not going to replace my DSLR by any means but i'm pretty happy with the camera on this phone. plus the screen is GINORMOUS.

illuminations had a few kinks to it but overall, it was nice to see with DISfriends. unfortunately, emme pulled back the canopy of the stroller and my tilapia fell to the ground...my scallop last year had the same fate.

it was really nice to meet kathy & her sister and putting a face to a name! i was hoping to meet up with them later during our trip but our schedules did not match up. hopefully, we get some more disney time in our future.

15209194590_530745fe63.jpg

selfie with our new DISfriends!

front camera low light was not so good in the picture but it's the best we had.

after saying good bye, emme & i began our walk back to the swan. i was feeling pretty good & knew i was going to enjoy the walk.

more so than this girl:

15209187010_9813cfd1b9.jpg

up next: the walk back to the swan (boardwalk pictures). :cool1:

I just read through and was enjoying your reviews and pics. I am so sorry to read about your father. The photographs you shared of your father are beautiful and touching. I lost my dad last year from lung cancer so I feel your pain. My thoughts and best wishes are with you and your family.

I can't believe we were in Epcot on the same night and I didn't get to see you! I love reading your reports. And Emme is looking so grown up! I have a 4 year old son and we have many of those sleeping in the stroller pictures...

So pleased to see an update from you. You & your family are still in my thoughts and prayers.

I'm glad that the situation is stable enough that you can get away for a quick visit to a happy place from time to time.

I just read through and was enjoying your reviews and pics. I am so sorry to read about your father. The photographs you shared of your father are beautiful and touching. I lost my dad last year from lung cancer so I feel your pain. My thoughts and best wishes are with you and your family.

thanks for the nice comments and well wishes. it means a lot as my dad is battling leptomeningeal disease (a rare complication from cancer). it's been a tough battle but he's comfortable & happy at home. we will take all healing prayers for him. :thumbsup2

I can't believe we were in Epcot on the same night and I didn't get to see you! I love reading your reports. And Emme is looking so grown up! I have a 4 year old son and we have many of those sleeping in the stroller pictures...

oh wow! it would have been great if we could've met up. emme loves being with kids her age at disney. it's a rare treat for her.

thank you for reading and the very nice comments. i appreciate them! :banana:

So pleased to see an update from you. You & your family are still in my thoughts and prayers.

I'm glad that the situation is stable enough that you can get away for a quick visit to a happy place from time to time.

thank you for the prayers...he needs every single one of them. i appreciate it. :cool1:

he's home and comfortable at home. i just suffer from "caregiver stress" as it's been stressful juggling everything without having a mental break down. i was really lucky to be able to get away but had massive guilt being away. :confused:

Love your new gold phone!
I am so excited to try the tilapia and coconut rice from Brazil . Wil likes the pork belly so I am sure he will get that. I will sign that petition for mini pretzel bread the dip in the cheese soup:thumbsup2

Great F&W update! That is a shame about the filet in Canada. At least it was a snack credit :rotfl: Love the Duffy this year, I have the one from 2 years ago in my kitchen as a daily reminder of my love the F&W festival. So sad I am missing it this year, going first week in Dec instead.

I have read your trip reports for quite awhile now and have thoroughly always enjoyed them :) You have a beautiful family - we will keep you all in our prayers.

We are headed down to Beach Club, on the 24th - your F&W photos have got me drooling!!! Looking forward to good eats - and drinks :cool1:

Great update! I got those same plates at Epcot, I love them. They were super useful. I can't believe I didn't see that F&W Duffy -- so cute! Of course it's probably better for my wallet that I didn't see it :rotfl:

I have the gold iphone 6, going from the 4 to the 6 was quite the upgrade ... the plus would have been crazy ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter