Robinb's and Tricia1972's DDP Planning Spreadsheets!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know if the OP still monitors this, but perhaps someone here can figure this out. Using the comparison spreadsheet, and keeping this as simple as possible to expose the problem, I assume that 1 adult will be buying meals for 1 day. There will be a counter service meal for lunch and a table service meal for dinner. I assume that the counter service lunch will include a $9 entree, a $5 dessert and a $4 beverage. I then assume that the table service dinner will include a $9 appetizer, a $24 entree and an $8 dessert. (No beverage input as I would order an alcoholic beverage). When the comparison comes up for the DDP, it shows that I have incurred $16.97 in "Additional Appitizers (sic) and Gratuities". I understand that the tip has to be figured in, but the tip on the table service meal is only $7.38. Subtracting that from the additional amount incurred leaves $9.59, which means that the spreadsheet is assuming that my $9 appetizer, (plus tax) is added on as an additional cost above and beyond that which the DDP covers. But I thought that the DDP covered an appetizer, entree and dessert. Am I wrong, or is there a bug in the system?:confused3

Don't know if the OP still monitors this, but perhaps someone here can figure this out. Using the comparison spreadsheet, and keeping this as simple as possible to expose the problem, I assume that 1 adult will be buying meals for 1 day. There will be a counter service meal for lunch and a table service meal for dinner. I assume that the counter service lunch will include a $9 entree, a $5 dessert and a $4 beverage. I then assume that the table service dinner will include a $9 appetizer, a $24 entree and an $8 dessert. (No beverage input as I would order an alcoholic beverage). When the comparison comes up for the DDP, it shows that I have incurred $16.97 in "Additional Appitizers (sic) and Gratuities". I understand that the tip has to be figured in, but the tip on the table service meal is only $7.38. Subtracting that from the additional amount incurred leaves $9.59, which means that the spreadsheet is assuming that my $9 appetizer, (plus tax) is added on as an additional cost above and beyond that which the DDP covers. But I thought that the DDP covered an appetizer, entree and dessert. Am I wrong, or is there a bug in the system?:confused3

Apps aren't included on the DDP, just the DxDDP.

Thanks for the quick response. Ahhh. Went back to the pdf for the DDP on the official site and noticed that I missed the all-important disclaimer that apps are included only for kids. Weird rule, but there it is in black and white.

Love the spreadsheet. I tried doing this by hand and mama mia I plugged into your spreadsheet what I really thought we'd order whether it was the most expensive thing on the menu and we came out ahead with the DDP. It will be the first time using it for us.

Can I ask that the spreadsheet be updated to reflect the 2011 DDp price. I tried figuring out where to do that and :confused3 it's beyond my little brain.

In the cell showing the "DDP Cost Adult" you would just change the 39.99 to whatever the cost is now per night per adult (45.99-47.99?). You can do the same in the child slot (and the different dining plans).

Love the spreadsheet. I tried doing this by hand and mama mia I plugged into your spreadsheet what I really thought we'd order whether it was the most expensive thing on the menu and we came out ahead with the DDP. It will be the first time using it for us.

Can I ask that the spreadsheet be updated to reflect the 2011 DDp price. I tried figuring out where to do that and :confused3 it's beyond my little brain.

In the cell showing the "DDP Cost Adult" you would just change the 39.99 to whatever the cost is now per night per adult (45.99-47.99?). You can do the same in the child slot (and the different dining plans).

Here's the cells to change: H57 & H58; O57 & O58; V57 & V58 to update to 2011 prices.

I totally forgot about clicking Y/N for the Tables in Wonderland. Thanks for all the hard work. This is awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter