• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Road trip hotel recommendations?

Thefamilywagner

Earning My Ears
Hi!
We will be heading down from the GTA at the beginning of Feb'17 - thinking of pulling off the road for the night in Brunswick GA, but really looking for feedback about great towns/stops/hotels along the way? 64 days to go!! °O°

If you end up stopping about an hour north of there, Hilton Head Island, SC is awesome. It is a little bit off of the main interstate, but an awesome place to spend some time. There's a DVC resort on the island, so you may even be able to start your Disney vacation a day early!

We went in July 2014 for two nights (stayed at the Marriott) and it was a busy place, but I bet February would be a much quieter time to visit.

You probably won't have much time to spend, but there are some beautiful public beaches on the island. Depending on the weather, you may even be able to take a dip in the ocean and cross that off your list for the trip! There's lots of good, fresh seafood in that area!

When doing a southbound overnight, we do Columbia SC as lots of options for accomodation and food, ease highway access and shopping to boot. We normally stay close to the Columbiana Centre as lots of reasonable accomodation options and every chain in that area.

We've stopped in Marietta GA, not sure how far away that is from where you're looking to stop. We always stay at a Hampton Inn. Nice clean rooms reasonable rates and a hot breakfast lunch is included !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter