ROACH INFESTATION!!! Look out for Huge Cockroaches in Main Street During Electrical Parade August 10th, 2019

garmadisney

Earning My Ears
I am an annual pass holder of Disneyland for long time. I take my family to this theme park because we all love it and enjoy every aspect that Disneyland offers. Especially, my family enjoys the shows and attractions. Today was no exception towards the end of our trip. At about 4:30pm we started to settle our tour to Disneyland park and planned to look for seating along the streets of Main Street to watch the Electrical Parade at night. We sat across the sidewalk from the Starbucks store is located next to the jewelry store. We stayed for about 3 hours to retain our seats and when the show started we were excited. Not far into the show we experienced some strange activity with some insect infestation. We started spotting cockaroachs crawling. One crawled on my arm to my hand as I was video taping the show on my phone. Then later my spotted a roach across street as the lights of the parade were passing thru. Then other people across the streets from us started to pull out there phones with the flashlight towards the streets. We would say a handful of folks were making some noise and standing up moving away abruptly looking at the floor. Then the lady next to me started to move and we saw a bunch of roaches on the floor crawling. Little did we know, these roaches were crawling all over the sewer drain area next to us. Then more people around my family were looking all over the floor and spotted a lot more. At that post we missed between 10 to 15 minutes of the show then we proceeded to leave the area and get out of the park. If I recall out of my entire life going to Disneyland that I have never experienced anything like this. We felt disgusted, a bit disturbed especially my wife and kids. Disappointed to say the least due to missing the show and must I remind you that we waited at our seating area for about 3 hours long. Not sure whats going on but I have reach out to a couple of the Disney cast crew during the parade and told them about the incident and they have expressed to me that they heard about it from someone else. Not sure what that totally means but Im not confident that the message is going to get to upper management of Disneyland Resorts and Theme Parks.

Where there are millions of people, and millions of people eating food there will be roaches.
this is pretty common to see after dark.
Nothing to be worrid about.
As long as food is kept covered it really won't matter.
I've worked in the food industry for 20 years and where there is food there WILL be roaches. Don't kid yourself, they are everywhere and in every restaurant. It just all depends on how they are MANAGED and how the place is kept clean and made sure that all surfaces are cleaned regularly and food is always covered and put away.

Where there are millions of people, and millions of people eating food there will be roaches.
this is pretty common to see after dark.
Nothing to be worrid about.
As long as food is kept covered it really won't matter.
I've worked in the food industry for 20 years and where there is food there WILL be roaches. Don't kid yourself, they are everywhere and in every restaurant. It just all depends on how they are MANAGED and how the place is kept clean and made sure that all surfaces are cleaned regularly and food is always covered and put away.

Okay roaches are NOT in “every restaurant”, I’m not sure how you got that idea. I’ve managed multiple food service locations and restaurants and if you see roaches you cover everything in plastic and bug bomb. It’s how you deal with them. Not dealing with them is how “every restaurant gets them”.

Seeing roaches IN a restaurant is a sign of lazy management, however in a sewer is an entirely different story.

Okay roaches are NOT in “every restaurant”, I’m not sure how you got that idea. I’ve managed multiple food service locations and restaurants and if you see roaches you cover everything in plastic and bug bomb. It’s how you deal with them. Not dealing with them is how “every restaurant gets them”.

Seeing roaches IN a restaurant is a sign of lazy management, however in a sewer is an entirely different story.
Well, I figured dealing with them was a given, I didn't think I needed to say that.
Yes of course you bomb the place or get an exterminator what I am saying is that YES every restaurant and one time or another has had them. They are everywhere there is food.
Honestly, you may not have SEEN them in your restaurant, but I can guarantee you they may be there, which is why places have regular exterminators, even if they don't see them, they are still there.

Well, I figured dealing with them was a given, I didn't think I needed to say that.
Yes of course you bomb the place or get an exterminator what I am saying is that YES every restaurant and one time or another has had them. They are everywhere there is food.
Honestly, you may not have SEEN them in your restaurant, but I can guarantee you they may be there, which is why places have regular exterminators, even if they don't see them, they are still there.

I disagree for various reasons but I’ll keep them to myself. Moral of what I know is if you see roaches as a guest don’t eat there because if they’re laxed on something that major than their other critical control points are virtually nonexistent....

We were in Disneyland last July and we had a similar experience. We were there for the opening of Pixar Pier. We saw many huge roaches in broad daylight, particularly by Bing Bong's Sweet Stuff and the bathrooms by the Incredicoaster. We also saw many on Main Street during the fireworks. Yuck!

I am an annual pass holder of Disneyland for long time. I take my family to this theme park because we all love it and enjoy every aspect that Disneyland offers. Especially, my family enjoys the shows and attractions. Today was no exception towards the end of our trip. At about 4:30pm we started to settle our tour to Disneyland park and planned to look for seating along the streets of Main Street to watch the Electrical Parade at night. We sat across the sidewalk from the Starbucks store is located next to the jewelry store. We stayed for about 3 hours to retain our seats and when the show started we were excited. Not far into the show we experienced some strange activity with some insect infestation. We started spotting cockaroachs crawling. One crawled on my arm to my hand as I was video taping the show on my phone. Then later my spotted a roach across street as the lights of the parade were passing thru. Then other people across the streets from us started to pull out there phones with the flashlight towards the streets. We would say a handful of folks were making some noise and standing up moving away abruptly looking at the floor. Then the lady next to me started to move and we saw a bunch of roaches on the floor crawling. Little did we know, these roaches were crawling all over the sewer drain area next to us. Then more people around my family were looking all over the floor and spotted a lot more. At that post we missed between 10 to 15 minutes of the show then we proceeded to leave the area and get out of the park. If I recall out of my entire life going to Disneyland that I have never experienced anything like this. We felt disgusted, a bit disturbed especially my wife and kids. Disappointed to say the least due to missing the show and must I remind you that we waited at our seating area for about 3 hours long. Not sure whats going on but I have reach out to a couple of the Disney cast crew during the parade and told them about the incident and they have expressed to me that they heard about it from someone else. Not sure what that totally means but Im not confident that the message is going to get to upper management of Disneyland Resorts and Theme Parks.
1. Need that photo/video proof since you were filming
2. Are you more upset about the alleged roaches or the 3 hour wait?
3. First post content....got my "spidey" senses tingling...
4.:welcome: to the DIS!

I live fairly close to Anaheim and have noticed a LOT of roaches this summer. I went out to hose off my back patio the other day and was horrified when 3 HUGE ones (I'm talking 2-3" long) crawled out of the edge near my cement wall and scurried away, in broad daylight. I have lived in this house 4 years now and have never, ever seen a roach on my property (we are in a condo complex and they do routine pest control here).

The likely culprit is the additional rains we have had this year, which causes an increase in the bug populations.

I'm sure Disneyland has very robust pest management system in place. Unfortunately, roaches are hardy, and have become resistant to several typical chemicals used against them. You can expect to see more of them as a result of this. You can't do much about roaches coming out of sewers or drains. It just is a fact of city life, for the most part.

Simple solution, don't sit on the ground. They aren't going to harm you if you are just standing near where they are.

I'm less concerned about roaches outside than inside buildings--it's Florida, palmetto bugs are everywhere, and where there are people, there are roaches. It's concerning to hear about so many in one place at once, but at the same time... honestly, there's only so much Disney can do. 🤷‍♀️

I'm less concerned about roaches outside than inside buildings--it's Florida, palmetto bugs are everywhere, and where there are people, there are roaches. It's concerning to hear about so many in one place at once, but at the same time... honestly, there's only so much Disney can do. 🤷‍♀️

Disneyland isn't in Florida. Cockroaches are not nearly as common here than they are in FL.

I have worked in the same restaurant for 14 years, ever since it has opened. We have never had any roaches. We do our due diligence and keep things clean and have the exterminators come and do their routine preventative measures.

If they were 2-3" long, they were probably water bugs. Coming from the sewer? Probably waterbugs. They like damp dark areas. If they were much smaller, they might have been German cockroaches that are attracted to food, garbage, etc. With all the other vermin problems in California, I'd expect roaches to multiply as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter