RnR St. Louis - October 23, 2011

stitchfan18

DIS Veteran
Just wondering who else is also running this race...

I'm currently signed up for the full, but will probably drop down to the 1/2 if my sister doesn't end up running with me.

I was in St. Louis last night on my way home from a wedding, and got thinking about where we should stay. Has anyone run the St. Louis marathon weekend before? Is there a lot of parking downtown if we stay just outside of St. Louis? I've been checking hotel prices online, but don't know where would be best to stay.

Several of us are going to be joining you at this race in October. Most of us are doing the half. I think we're planning to stay at a Hampton Inn...which reminds me, I need to hurry and make reservations. I'll try to find out which one it is.

I'm really looking forward to it! I haven't done this race before. Maybe someone who has will pipe in.

I'll be there. Currently I am at the Millenium Hotel. That could change though.

Looking forward to this one!

I'll be there. Currently I am at the Millenium Hotel. That could change though.

Looking forward to this one!

I stayed at the Millenium last summer for some Cardinals games. It was pretty nice. I would love to do this race, since it's so close, but it doesn't look like it's going to work out. Maybe something will change.

Hi there!! Again. Been lurking for a while but wanted to say Patrick and I will be doing this race also but hadn't figured out hotel yet. Think we'll look at the Hampton, too.

It's my plan to do the StL RnR in October but I'm waiting to register after my race in June. Dealing with some foot issues and want to see how they work out.

Sounds like the Hampton Inn is the place to be, I'll have to check it out. Does anyone know if you can walk to the start of the race from there? I think DH would be much happier if he was allowed to stay in bed longer and just catch me near the end of the race...

I've stayed in the 'burbs at my brother's for two St Louis races. Get downtown early (T minus 1:15) and Scott Trade parking is easy.

Ronda

Sounds like the Hampton Inn is the place to be, I'll have to check it out. Does anyone know if you can walk to the start of the race from there? I think DH would be much happier if he was allowed to stay in bed longer and just catch me near the end of the race...

I'm also staying at the Hampton. I think it's a half a mile away from the start/finish area...as are most host/official hotels.

I'm also staying at the Hampton. I think it's a half a mile away from the start/finish area...as are most host/official hotels.
My DH always appreciates it when I leave for the event and he can turn over and go back to sleep. It is truly appreciated by him. I love it when we have a WISH group to go to the start line together. DH likes that I can travel in a group to the start.

If anyone still hasn't booked hotel for the race, I got a great deal on the Millennium hotel Downtown. It's about .7 miles from the start, so a nice warmup walk in the morning. It was only $49 a night on hotwire! It was one of their 3* mystery hotels.

I hope everyone's training is going well. Only 70 more days to go!

Excellent deal, stitchfan18! :thumbsup2

I was just going through this thread and noticed that Minnie Lor (Lori) was thinking about doing this race. Sadly, the Joplin tornado took her life. :sad1: I'm thinking about running in her honor.

Excellent deal, stitchfan18! :thumbsup2

I was just going through this thread and noticed that Minnie Lor (Lori) was thinking about doing this race. Sadly, the Joplin tornado took her life. :sad1: I'm thinking about running in her honor.

Wow, I hadn't heard about that. :sad1:

I will certainly dedicate one of my miles to her.

I will be there running the 1/2. We are staying at the Drury at the Arch. Got a pretty good deal through the RnR website, but I don't remember what I'm paying :)

i hadn't heard this either....how very sad! :sad1: Doing the race in her honor is a wonderful idea!

I don't think I'm signed up to get email updates about the race since I registered at an expo. I just noticed on the website that waivers are up and there are final race instructions posted as well. I'm in corral 14 for the full. I can't remember what I submitted as proof of time, but I can only imagine there are a ton of corrals because I remember it being a pretty reasonable time for a full.
Are we planning a meet before this race at all? I'm not too familiar with St. Louis, or the area near the race, but I would love to meet up!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter