Riviera's gelato?

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
So I just learned that Riviera resort has a gelato cart in the pool area. Never knew this-I LOVE gelato. But since pool areas are often gated so that only guests of the resort can access them, what about the gelato cart? Will I be able to access the cart or is it inside the gated pool area? My next few stays are booked...not at Riviera.

When we stayed there last week they had a few flavors available at the QS though.

Daily reader but seldom poster jumping into the convo.

I feel compelled to offer my input after the disgraceful excuse for what they call gelato from that cart. It is no better than cheap icy gas station ice cream for 8 or 9 dollars… and you pay extra for a cone.

I’ve lived in Italy and also had very good gelato in the states. The cart at Riviera is a front. I can’t believe Disney would allow such low standards. Curiously… to my observation the staffers of that cart are not actually Disney employees.

(BTW- I own at Riviera and love everything about the resort. My wife and even want to build a home that’s an exact replica of the grand suite (which we will likely never have the points needed to stay in). Anyway, the “gelato” cart is the only uncharacteristically low quality thing about this beautiful gem of a resort.)

Daily reader but seldom poster jumping into the convo.

I feel compelled to offer my input after the disgraceful excuse for what they call gelato from that cart. It is no better than cheap icy gas station ice cream for 8 or 9 dollars… and you pay extra for a cone.

I’ve lived in Italy and also had very good gelato in the states. The cart at Riviera is a front. I can’t believe Disney would allow such low standards. Curiously… to my observation the staffers of that cart are not actually Disney employees.

(BTW- I own at Riviera and love everything about the resort. My wife and even want to build a home that’s an exact replica of the grand suite (which we will likely never have the points needed to stay in). Anyway, the “gelato” cart is the only uncharacteristically low quality thing about this beautiful gem of a resort.)
You realize 8 bucks for any quality of ice cream at Disney is on the cheaper side right?
maybe You got it on a bad day, my kids loved it..

You realize 8 bucks for any quality of ice cream at Disney is on the cheaper side right?
maybe You got it on a bad day, my kids loved it..

I would expect authentic gelato from the Riviera. In many other ways, the Resort masterfully immerses guests in Italian (and French) culture. Commissioned art, fine food, Mediterranean decorations. My argument is… how could they have not applied that same level attention-to-detail to the gelato… it’s not Romano’s Macaroni Grill! And $8 is not an excuse for crappy so-called gelato. When we accept low standards from Disney they’ll continue their slide. The dole whip window at the Poly doesn’t even have the tiki cups anymore - these are the small touches of magic that we’re losing little by little!
( BTW - Kids likes/dislikes are not the best measure for quality either - of course they love it, it’s cheap ice cream, but ice cream none-the-less.)

I would expect authentic gelato from the Riviera. In many other ways, the Resort masterfully immerses guests in Italian (and French) culture. Commissioned art, fine food, Mediterranean decorations. My argument is… how could they have not applied that same level attention-to-detail to the gelato… it’s not Romano’s Macaroni Grill! And $8 is not an excuse for crappy so-called gelato. When we accept low standards from Disney they’ll continue their slide. The dole whip window at the Poly doesn’t even have the tiki cups anymore - these are the small touches of magic that we’re losing little by little!
( BTW - Kids likes/dislikes are not the best measure for quality either - of course they love it, it’s cheap ice cream, but ice cream none-the-less.)
Yea, idk…. Since the Riviera is themed on the French and Italian Riviera maybe it’s French Gelato, or idk, but to hold Disney’s feet to the fire, which I love to do, over and ice cream cart….. I’m just not there….

btw…. My kids likes or dislike are pretty much the standard I rate a disney trip on….
the reason I bought direct and not resale
and was a huge success for our pool time on our 8 days there…. To me it is the only measure of quality….

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter