• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Riviera resort skyliner station and ECVs?

DurangoJim

Mouseketeer
I’m not sure if I’m posting this in the right forum so feel free to move it. I know at most skyliner stations they have a separate wheelchair ecv loading area where they take a car off the line to load the mobility device. At Riviera it doesn’t look like they do, so how do they load ecvs at Riviera?
Thanks!

I’m not sure if I’m posting this in the right forum so feel free to move it. I know at most skyliner stations they have a separate wheelchair ecv loading area where they take a car off the line to load the mobility device. At Riviera it doesn’t look like they do, so how do they load ecvs at Riviera?
Thanks!

Hi, DurangoJim.

The Riviera Skyliner Station is the only one that doesn't have a dedicated handicap gondola pullout section. The Riviera Skyliner Station has to load and unload from the regular line. All the other Skyliner Stations have a separate handicap section from the regular line.

Hey @RaySharpton, I posted elsewhere that I was surprised this past week to see the ECV/Accessible “loops” closed during the day when the demand was low. I guess the ability to load/unload from the main platforms at all stations is sufficient if hourly throughput doesn't need to be optimized. Based on other Doppelmayr installations around the world I guess WDW’s ECV loops are pretty unique.

Hey @RaySharpton, I posted elsewhere that I was surprised this past week to see the ECV/Accessible “loops” closed during the day when the demand was low. I guess the ability to load/unload from the main platforms at all stations is sufficient if hourly throughput doesn't need to be optimized. Based on other Doppelmayr installations around the world I guess WDW’s ECV loops are pretty unique.

Hi, Spartan86.

Isn't that something. That is surprising to me, too. I appreciate you telling me. I think I recall that information about Doppelmayr a long time ago, but I forgot. And I couldn't remember the correct terminology of ECV/Accessible “loops”.

So many changes during this SARS-CoV-2 time.

Thank you.

Ray

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter