Rivers of Light Opening Date Announced; Dining Package Details Released

It will be really interesting to see the updated reports from people who see the show. I wonder if they changes anything from the previews to now. Must admit I am excited for this show and I really hope it works. AK is an awesome park and it deserves a great show.

"Rivers of Light will begin performances on February 17th, 2017 with just one show per night (that one in particular being at 7:15PM)."

thank you OP so much for posting this info. just made a dinner package reservation. i am thinking it might be easiest to just do the dinner because we can hop over from another park, have dinner and then catch the show rather than allocating the whole day at ak. can't wait to hear the reviews.

Thanks for posting!

I booked a Tusker House package for Memorial Day weekend, but now looking at the RoL time, not sure DD will make it up until 9:15p. Normal bedtime is 7:40p!

It will be really interesting to see the updated reports from people who see the show. I wonder if they changes anything from the previews to now. Must admit I am excited for this show and I really hope it works. AK is an awesome park and it deserves a great show.
What was seen in the media preview a couple days ago is what guests will see.

"Rivers of Light will begin performances on February 17th, 2017 with just one show per night (that one in particular being at 7:15PM)."
One show per night every other night until April when it move to every night. The show also will move to two shows per night in a few months.

I find it hard to believe RoL packages at Tusker House is already sold out for our 4/6 date since this news just broke.

I already had a 6:30 PM reservation at Tusker House and booked the only slot I could see for a RoL dining package for 4:25 PM. That's too early, so we'll probably cancel. Is there any way I could get the 6:30 reservation upgraded to a package (it's the same place after all) or does holding the 4:25 PM for a while give me any angle to get a RoL package at a later time? Thanks!

I find it hard to believe RoL packages at Tusker House is already sold out for our 4/6 date since this news just broke.

I already had a 6:30 PM reservation at Tusker House and booked the only slot I could see for a RoL dining package for 4:25 PM. That's too early, so we'll probably cancel. Is there any way I could get the 6:30 reservation upgraded to a package or does holding the 4:25 PM for a while give me any angle to get a RoL package at a later time? Thanks!
Usually you can't upgrade. My advice would be to keep the 4:25 for now and keep checking for something closer to 6:30.

Just a note to those unsure about making a reservation, you can "downgrade" to a regular meal and avoid the upcharge at the time of dining. I had a Jungle Book Tusker House meal and due to reviews, decided to ask the waiter if they could remove the passes. They did, and the cost was adjusted too.

I did see it. The visuals, the musical score, the sound effects and the setting are all top notch. Do not form an opinion based on the video, it does not convey accurately what you'll see and hear live. It has to be seen in person. Some will expect more, the wow factor is not there, but it is what it is due to the restrictions regarding loud noises and the impact on the AK environment. It fits well into the AK theme.

Is there a way to gauge how valuable it will be to have preferred seating?

Usually you can't upgrade. My advice would be to keep the 4:25 for now and keep checking for something closer to 6:30.
Thanks. I don't think we'll dine at 4:25 since we have a lunch earlier. Do you think there's any advantage to holding the 4:25 to leverage somehow getting a later reservation (like swapping with someone)?

Thanks OP! Just changed our dinner ressie to a ROL package!
Did you just find a time that worked for you or did someone switch the reservation type? I hope the latter! Of course, we'll be taking up a table that could be sold for a ROL package as it stands.

Is there a way to gauge how valuable it will be to have preferred seating?

Thanks. I don't think we'll dine at 4:25 since we have a lunch earlier. Do you think there's any advantage to holding the 4:25 to leverage somehow getting a later reservation (like swapping with someone)?

Did you just find a time that worked for you or did someone switch the reservation type? I hope the latter! Of course, we'll be taking up a table that could be sold for a ROL package as it stands.
Unless you find someone to swap with not really. Best option is to keep checking the site for a later time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter