RIP Le Cellier, we'll miss you!

How people can feel that they can judge value without knowing the new menu ... is beyond me.
To be fair, a reasonable argument can be made that none of the restaurants at WDW are a good value - indeed, an argument can be made that nothing at WDW is a good value. So projecting that Le Cellier won't be a good value either is a pretty safe bet for folks who would like to lay a foundation for criticisms of the switch in March.

There's also no guarantee that they'll have a new menu. Disney may be making this move to either have it cost on its overwhelming popularity, or cut down demand. It'll be necessary to wait to find out.

Good point. One of the 20th Century's business management gurus, W. Edwards Deming, often commented that it is foolish to change more than one variable at the same time. The issue at Le Cellier is that demand is substantially higher than supply, representing a significant opportunity cost. They really shouldn't mess with the balance two or three different ways, at the same time, since that could confound their efforts to remedy the imbalance.

Good point. One of the 20th Century's business management gurus, W. Edwards Deming, often commented that it is foolish to change more than one variable at the same time. The issue at Le Cellier is that demand is substantially higher than supply, representing a significant opportunity cost. They really shouldn't mess with the balance two or three different ways, at the same time, since that could confound their efforts to remedy the imbalance.

Although the decision to convert the restaurant to signature for dinner and not lunch would seen to indicate that there will be at least some differentiation between the 2 menus, even if that is something as simple as removing the more expensive items from the lunch.

There's also no guarantee that they'll have a new menu. Disney may be making this move to either have it cost on its overwhelming popularity, or cut down demand. It'll be necessary to wait to find out.

I agree.
I'll wait to see what others say when it goes "signature".

As far as Value at Disney ...our family went to a diner for breakfast, yesterday....2 had omelets and coffee, 1 had a burger and a coke....bill was 47. before Tip, we were Not (pleasantly) surprised..:worship:..and its rather typical by me.....so the "cost" of entrees at Disney seems right in line for us, and generally speaking, a fair cost.....

As far as the comment that "now paying customers can get a reservation" :confused3
Everyone PAYS to eat....whether that is actual out of pocket at the time of service Or included in the Increased Room rate during "free" :laughing: dine period. And anyone can book a reservation....its not just LeCell that is popular...............:confused3 Many are during Dinner Hours and especially on weekends... We've all been "blocked" from getting a reservation.....flexibility is Key IMHO!

Interesting to await the "new experience" at LeCellier! popcorn::

If you mean HBD vs. the current LC, we think , "yes, it's definitely better." If you mean the prices for OOP, it's not that much different.

I meant price-wise. And, HBD has always been two credits. I do,like both restaurants. But, I always thought that it was strange that HBD was two credits and Le Cellier was only one.:confused3

Cindy

bicker said:
and while I've always had concerns about the ambiance at Le Cellier (referring to it as "cellar-like", for example),
As you should, give that "Le Cellier" translates to "The Cellar". ;)

I meant price-wise. And, HBD has always been two credits. I do,like both restaurants. But, I always thought that it was strange that HBD was two credits and Le Cellier was only one.:confused3

Cindy

You're absolutely right about the price. We think HBD is a bargain, & LC is overpriced for the quality. I don't know why they chose to make HBD 2 TS, but it was a great decision for those paying OOP. The food quality did improve, & the price is great for what you get. I hope it never changes. ;) Maybe, LC will become another OOP bargain. That is, if the food quality improves.

I'd still consider eating dinner there, but there would have to be a major menu change for it to interest me.

I agree I wont spend two credits here, I love the mushroom filet but IMHO not worth two credits..

Le Cellier would need a better ambiance and not the cellar feeling as well as a bit more room before I would spend 2 TS credits.. Its sad tho we always spent our last night here for dinner, glad I got it again for next months trip.. Guess I will be finding another tradtion..

I don't really see anybody doing that. What I am seeing is a lot of people saying that the Le Cellier we know today is not worth 2TS.

Exactly. We've dined at LeCellier many times (too many to count) and we've been all of the Signature Restaurants many times and LeCellier does not compare to any of them. The menu needs to be revamped and the interior totally redesigned for me to consider spending 2TS credits there. I guess we will have to wait and see if any changes are made. If it stays status quo, I will definitely not waste 2TS when I can go to Flying Fish or Yachstman instead.

Well, since lunch is still going to 'cost' one TS credit, and since at this point the name is still apparently going to be Le Cellier, it doesn't appear there's going to be any large scale interior redesign (not specifically directed to the above poster, but to the several posters who expect a tranformation).

I hope if Disney is listening they also put California Grill, Yachtsman, and Flying Fish to 2 credits. They are all better restaurants anyway.

Well, since lunch is still going to 'cost' one TS credit, and since at this point the name is still apparently going to be Le Cellier, it doesn't appear there's going to be any large scale interior redesign (not specifically directed to the above poster, but to the several posters who expect a tranformation).

it's a magical transformation, kaytieeldr...the Mouse will make more of our money disappear:wizard:

Don't know where you've been...all of these restaurants already ARE 2 credits per person.:rolleyes1

Eating at Charleys Steakhouse, Bubbagump, and Capital Grille where reservations aren't required 6 months in advance. ;)

Oh, and that's good those restaurants are 2 credits because while I hate the dining plan, I've always had very good meals at those places in Disney.

Eating at Charleys Steakhouse, Bubbagump, and Capital Grille where reservations aren't required 6 months in advance. ;)

Oh, and that's good those restaurants are 2 credits because while I hate the dining plan, I've always had very good meals at those places in Disney.

LOVE me some Bubbagump...buckets o' food. Yummy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter